Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield | 28th November 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    Really can't see anyone but Ephraim starting on the left.
  • Options
    Its 6.15 am and in 12 1/2 hours the game will k.o...............woke at 4.30 absolutely buzzing about this match....I just hope its not an anti-climax........its gonna be a long day at work....and I hope I dont get caught in traffic on the way home tonight down the M1.....normally in by 7 pm......so just in time for a spot of dinner before settling down in front of the TV.......COYR's!!!
  • Options
    I just hope I can manage to stay up to watch it.

3:45am is a real bitch, let's just hope it's worth it eh!
  • Options
    I just hope I can manage to stay up to watch it.

3:45am is a real bitch, let's just hope it's worth it eh!
    Pretty much the same boat, 2.45 here.  BUZZING!
  • Options
    Okay boy n girls, this is the big one we've all been waiting for! Unfortunately I can't join you due to work commitments. I had the original Saturday fixture all planned, cheap rail tickets in the bag, ready to meet up with some old pals up in Camden then across to the Tower Bridge area for some pre-match singing juice. Alas, it's not to be - mores the pity! So it's the Sky Sports Broadcast for me!

Reading the thread it seems you're very confident of victory, which is understandable given the season you're having. I actually feel we've still not really hit top form yet and there's plenty more to come. Don't get me wrong we play very well in patches and we're a physically stronger side than last season, so I expect it's going to be a matter of application, determination, and above all patience. On top of that, as with Charlton, we have players who are capable of winning games, with two lads in double figures and goals that come from all over the pitch. Surprisingly, you also seem to think it won't be a classic which is a pity because two of the better teams in League One ought to be capable of putting on an attractive show for the TV cameras. I suppose it's the result that matters in the end but it would be nice to show the rest of League One what we can both do!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if we can show the qualities I've mentioned above we'll run out winners. A word of advice - Watch Rhodes, he's lethal!

Regards

AceT (HTFC)
  • Options
    Huddersfield is also the name of a chain of Brazilian clothing stores. True story.

I think we will win.
  • Options

Acetripper:

Thanks for the post and your veiws, we will watch Rhodes but who is the leagues leading scorer.............oh yes I nearly forgot Bradley Wright Phillips........................now who does he play for?

• Options
    Charlton is the name of two famous footballing brothers from Washington County Durham!

I think we will win!
  • Options
    I'm telling you he's deceptive! He's bright and he doesn't miss if he gets a sniff! Are you talking Bradley? Yeah he's a bit good too! lol
  • Options

as a pessimist and as the game is approaching , im bricking it

take a point !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

as a pessimist and as the game is approaching , im bricking it

take a point !

Stay calm fella, deep breaths!
  • Options

Why are you all "bricking it", we are top of the league, will stay there even if we lose and on paper we are as strong as Huddersfield plus we have home advantage.

COYR 

• Options

we lose this and then fall of the rails and end up in the play offs

just a worse case scenario thingamy jiggy that might happen

just trying to get mentally prepared for it (just in case)

proper bricking it

• Options
    Not bricking it looking forward to it. First real big game since the play off against Swindon 18 months ago.
  • Options
    Not bricking it looking forward to it. First real big game since the play off against Swindon 18 months ago.

surely you were bricking it against swindon

i can't enjoy these things till the final whistle (hopefully)

• Options
    I'm really confident we'll get at least a point. This is going to be our year.
  • Options

surely you were bricking it against swindon

i can't enjoy these things till the final whistle (hopefully)

Yeah but that was end of the season, still a long way to go after tonight but a win would put us in a very good position, if we lose we're still top and not all is lost.
  • Options

Haven't looked forward to a game as much since Swindon in the play offs

• Options
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FFS 4 months back  who on here wouldnt take where we are now ? 4 points clear at the top ofthe league  and a game at home in hand ?

win we go 7 points clear 
    draw we are still 5 points clear
    Loose we are sill 2 points clear with Walsall and Oldham in the  league our next games.

21 new players signed ---------------------come on FFS get a grip ----its all gravy

This bunch of Northern Monkey pit props are good but  what ever the result  WE R TOP OF THE LEAGUE.
  • Options

I think this will be the hardest match of the season for us (HTFC) as the Wendies hold no fear for me and we stuffed the Blades and should have beaten MK both away but this one has me worried and I'd certainly settle for a draw.

Setting off soon for the trip down with hopefully around a thousand other Terriers, I've turned down free beer for helping behind the bar at my sisters pub to come to this (you can't see the screens from the bar area you see ha ha) so we'd better put in a decent effort otherwise I'll be rather miffed!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't understand anyone bricking it - way too early in the season for this result to be crucial.
    We have a five point buffer and a lot more football to play - might as well sit back and enjoy.
    The only thing that makes me brick it at the moment is the thought of an injury to BWP.
  • Options
    Stuck in bloody Hong Kong.

Sons of Grumpy taking my place at the Valley.

Do Oriental Addick or Stu of Yangzhou have an online link for a live stream.????

3.45am Bloody hell..

Couldn't Sky organise a noon kick off on this one occasion??
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Hahahahaha! From the "Footy Mad Preview" of tonights game

http://www.huddersfieldtown-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_charlton_athletic_v_huddersfield_town_28_nov_2011_715264/index.shtml

OK cut & paste didn't quite work, so check out the sequences of note bit!

Charlton - 3 Home wins in a row, 6 wins in a row undefeated in 7

Huddersfield - No sequence of note

Apart from the record breaking* undeaten run.#

*Norris McWhirter wouldn't have agreed

• Options
    Just been told by my Man U colleague at work (the guy that used to play at youth level with John Sullivan) that he's definitely going to watch this match and is expecting a great game with loads of goals. Do you think Sky may be bigging this up too much? ;-)
  • Options
    Huge gathering in Prague to watch this one. Well, me and Czech Addick anyway. There's an Irish bar in the centre where the manager has said we'll have the place to ourselves.

Mind you, I remember in the promotion run-in in 2000, when we were playing Portsmouth on Sky, and another Addick and I supposed we'd also have the pub to ourselves. 10 mins before kick off the door burst open, the Pompey Chimes rang out and in walked a 20- handed stag night from Fareham. Hopefully as its a Monday night, any visiting Town will have buggered off back home on Jet 2
  • Options
    Got 3 non Charlton who are coming, never even mentioned it to them they were just up for it
  • Options
    I agree with  the Hudders chap that posted on here , i too feel we haven't hit top form yet , got to be a 5 Nil win for Charlton, forget the nerves and get behind the boys!
  • Options
    3-1 win tonight, Hollands, BWP and Green.......got a good feeling about this one
  • Options
    Buzzing for tonight. Biggest game since play-offs. COYR
  • Options
    Also bricking it but mainly because we're on stupid Sky.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!