Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield | 28th November 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    Huge gathering in Prague to watch this one. Well, me and Czech Addick anyway. There's an Irish bar in the centre where the manager has said we'll have the place to ourselves.

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I think the main issue for those in the "bricking it" camp is because tonight is a huge opportunity that if we take will have plenty more people, both us and other fans, believing that Charlton are going to do it this year.

Its on the TV so the watching Wednesday and other League One fans can see what they're up against, a chance to go 8 points clear of Huddersfield and 7 clear of Wednesday with only 19 games gone, and a chance to end the record that isn't a record.

Some of us, in fact I would guess most of us, are expecting something to ruin our magnificent start to the season. Too much has gone right so far and we've seen it before a couple of years ago, even though we can see that this team is different.

We all desperately want to believe after the last few seasons, and tonight's game is a chance for all of us to REALLY start believing.

Its that hope that means that even though tonight's result is just another game in the season, I am in the "bricking it" camp.

• Options
    What Tricky said. 
    I've been saying it for weeks now, if we beat Udders we will, in my mind at least, be nailed on for promotion this year.
  • Options
    I think the main issue for those in the "bricking it" camp is because tonight is a huge opportunity that if we take will have plenty more people, both us and other fans, believing that Charlton are going to do it this year.

Its on the TV so the watching Wednesday and other League One fans can see what they're up against, a chance to go 8 points clear of Huddersfield and 7 clear of Wednesday with only 19 games gone, and a chance to end the record that isn't a record.

Some of us, in fact I would guess most of us, are expecting something to ruin our magnificent start to the season. Too much has gone right so far and we've seen it before a couple of years ago, even though we can see that this team is different.

We all desperately want to believe after the last few seasons, and tonight's game is a chance for all of us to REALLY start believing.

Its that hope that means that even though tonight's result is just another game in the season, I am in the "bricking it" camp.

Spot on. I worry what a defat might do for the confidence of the team.
  • Options

Do the ticket office only take credit cards over the phone? 

• Options

I am bricking it, because I'm always bricking it when we play. I shouldn't have read this thread because now I'm even more nervous. In fact, I don't know why I even support Charlton or follow football.

It's the hope that kills you.

• Options

Do the ticket office only take credit cards over the phone? 

No i have paid with my debit card loads of times.
  • Options
    Contemplating not going now as scared my brickiness will affect other supporters near me, that it will transfer around the ground and we become a three sided brick.
  • Options
    Cheers Rose
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I predict that it's gonna be heaving. I just phoned for an extra couple of tickets, but had to get them in a different block to get two next to each other. I reckon it will be over 20k.

As for the game, could go either way. I don't think it's going to affect the outcome of the league though, except that if it goes our way it could all be over a week or so quicker ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I am bricking it so much I could build an extension at the back of my mum's house.
  • Options
    I am bricking it so much I could build an extension at the back of my mum's house.
    Bricking it is yesterdays news, Stig is into blocks now :-)
  • Options
    Ticket office sounded hectic when i rang a minute ago.
  • Options
    Maybe Airman will post a update on pre match sales just to get us all a bit more excited.
  • Options
    t minus 3 hours till i can escape from here.. got loads on my desk but cant focus.
  • Options
    t minus 3 hours till i can escape from here.. got loads on my desk but cant focus.

Lol, same here, I have a 60 page solicitor report that I need to check, proof and amend if needed and he wants it back by Wednesday.

Aint gonna happen, I am either on here or dreaming of BWP scoring the winning goal.  

• Options

Know how you feel Adam, cannot wait!!!

• Options
    Counting down the minutes. Few pints in the Lib from 6ish. :) 
  • Options
    I would love to see an exhilarating 3-3 draw.  BWP hat trick for us, Jordan Rhodes hat trick for them.  Great game, We remain 5 points clear & they keep their unbeaten record. 

Everyone's happy!!
    If it's a draw so be it but why should we be happy at losing 2 points ?
  • Options
    No need to brick it, we have a great team now. Bring it on!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

Yeah, I know where the bricking it comes from, I've passed bricks, and breeze blocks on the way, and am now onto blimmin great sheets of plasterboard. However, there is something we can do, we can watch nervously chewing our nails, or we can get into it, make a noise, redouble our effort as a crowd if we have a setback, let the world know that whatever, we're at the Valley and we're proud of our club, our manager, and our team. Even if we lose we can still sing #Charlton Athletic are top of the league#. Stand on those bricks for a better view, and to help those tonsils get working.

COYR

• Options
    That`s it, we can all play a massive part tonight! Let`s all get down there and roar our lads on to another victory! We all know they are good enough to do it!

Can`t wait until tonight!
  • Options
    Owls talk have a match thread for the game haha
  • Options
    Is the game a typical 7:45 kick-off guys?
  • Options
    Is the game a typical 7:45 kick-off guys?

yup
  • Options
    Owls talk have a match thread for the game haha

lol ... amazing ... guess they just want to see some good football for a change
  • Options
    Six hours to go. Gonna kip in the armchair to make sure I'm up at 5.30am. So much eager anticipation, really hope we don't turn in our usual sub standard TV performance. Crank up the volume chaps, you can make the difference in this one.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Good interview with CP on SSN worth catching next time round probably be at about 02.40pm
  • Options
    Yep. He seemed very calm about tonight's game.  The same cannot be said for myself!!
  • Options
    Have a sales meeting for 2 and a half hours at 3. Get the feeling it's going to drag!!! Ridiculously excited already but think it's going to be a draw, unfortunately with no goals
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!