Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool tickets (sold out)

Comments

• Options
    try 10,000 mate
  • Options
    try 10,000 mate
    In round numbers - plus Hartlepool brought 500 last year.
  • Options
    Let's hope a lot more sales for this match.
  • Options
  • Options
    So, about 17k already then, give or take.

Who wants to go first saying we should've sold it out by now?

• Options
    try 10,000 mate
    Is the offer open to Hartlepool fans too?
  • Options
    try 10,000 mate
    Is the offer open to Hartlepool fans too?
    We aren't selling to Hartlepool at this stage and no decision has been made.
  • Options
    No doubt for Oompa Loompa control purposes.
  • Options
    Dont extend the offer to them. Give them 100 restricted view tickets at £50.00 a pop. Only make them available via SeeTickets so they have to pay a massive booking fee as well.

When see return 98 tickets unsold they go to home fans for 50p each.

27,109 home fans would be nice.
  • Options
    I wonder what the minimum amount of tickets we could offer to Hartlepool is, charge them £25 for the privilidge, will help us subsidise our £10 tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember when we won the First Division in 2000 but lost our last home game when the trophy was presented. Kinda took the joy out of the day....
    I thought it was a great day we lost 1-3 to Ipswich, we were singing things like 'you're going up with the charlton' 'we want 4' and the best bit was singing 'always look on the brightside of life' and doing a train dance around the north stand. Ipswich supporters also stayed to watch the presentation and were cheering with the rest of us, they even clapped our team during the lap of honour. I think since then I've always liked Ipswich Town.
    I'm totally with you there.
  • Options
    just bought 11 really hope for a sell out
  • Options
    just bought 11 really hope for a sell out
    If we get to 25,000 I'll be ecstatic. In fact if we get to 20,000 that would be a massive achievement for the club and the PR team. No disrespect, but there is almost no chance of this game having any impact on our final league position, and even if we are going to be presented with the League One trophy (which is a massive thing for those of us that go every week) it is still a huge success for the club to attract in excess of 10,000 more fans that we have season ticket holders.

Having said that if we get near to the gate that we had for Stevenage I'll be disappointed if we don't beat it, but that's just me being greedy.
  • Options
    thats the kind of complacency that powell does not want in the players or the fans. It could easily have a say on our final position.
  • Options
    Having said that if we get near to the gate that we had for Stevenage I'll be disappointed if we don't beat it,
    With segregation of the Jimmy South Stand, I believe it's unlikely that we could accomodate too many more than the 26,546 of the Stevenage game.

Our capacity is 27,111 ..... which we can only achieve if our opponents fully sell out the Jimmy Seed themselves. Last season Hartlepool brought around 500 with new ground syndrome kicking in for many; I'd have thought they'd find it difficult to attract that many again - although it would be great if they repeated their OompaLoompa!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    thats the kind of complacency that powell does not want in the players or the fans. It could easily have a say on our final position.
    Of course it could, but the bottom line is I don't believe it will. I'm very confident it won't, and I suspect that many others believe the same. With this in mind, I believe that it is a significant achievement is we get close to selling out for a game that most (I'm clearly just speculating) believe will have no impact on the league position.

I would, also, add that a significant number of the last games of the season, by definition, have no real impact on a teams final position. Last season (and I can't be bothered to look any further) of the top 6 teams only 3 could have changed their position in the last game and they needed to win while the team above them lost (or lost while the team below them won) Of those 2 only 1 could have gone up or down a position, and none of them could have moved two positions. Also the top three places were all decided, and the top six was decided, all be it that the fixtures of the play-offs were yet to be confirmed. This adds credibility that normally the last game is not going to change anything.
  • Options
    20,000 is nailed on.
  • Options
    So we'll have more there than we had to watch us lift the First Division title in 2000.
  • Options
  • Options
    hi Airman is it possible to say the amount of tickets remaining?? I know its difficult because of allocation for hartlepool but as a rough figure how many have we got left to sell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    It depends on the Jimmy Seed Stand. The police were not happy with what happened against Stevenage - principally the behaviour of some of the visiting fans, but also the presence of some groups in the home section who are known to them.

Working backwards from the home stand capacity of 23,711, you have about 9,500 season tickets and 7,348 sold, so that leaves just under 7,000, but in practice there are seats you can't sell at standard prices and there will be 500-1,000 comps, so in reality nearer 5,500, including restricted views.
  • Options
    It depends on the Jimmy Seed Stand. The police were not happy with what happened against Stevenage
    Poor them. They have to for once actually work and deal with the logistics of opposing supporters being within half a mile of each other, like the vast majority of other police forces have to consider. Next they'll be saying that they don't want home supporters drinking in the biggest pub closest to the ground..........

Oh....

:-)

• Options
    Yay! my ticket arrived this morning!
  • Options
    Lol well said afka
  • Options
    Lol well said afka
  • Options
    It depends on the Jimmy Seed Stand. The police were not happy with what happened against Stevenage
    Poor them. They have to for once actually work and deal with the logistics of opposing supporters being within half a mile of each other, like the vast majority of other police forces have to consider. Next they'll be saying that they don't want home supporters drinking in the biggest pub closest to the ground..........

Oh....

:-)

• Options
    Poor them. They have to for once actually work and deal with the logistics of opposing supporters being within half a mile of each other

No. What they do is pack the stand with police and charge the club much more than previously.
  • Options
    So if you're a policeman, nice Rest Day working on time and a half?

;o)
  • Options
    what i always find strange the amount of old bill and security ringed round the ground on last game of season . Its not like there is a history of pitch invasions or any recent joyous scenes. somebody must ask for that because it always looks more than at other clubs
  • Options
    I remember all the stewards surrounding the pitch at the end of last season, no-one was going to invade the pitch everyone just wanted to go home.