Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Peterborough - Post Match Views

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
Get in there !

All post match chat here

Comments

• Options
    Gutted if Fuller is out of Saturday. Good win, good run we're on
  • Options
    Not there, but get the impression of some similarity to some of last years "lucky" wins. Wonder if the Wendies are still unconvinced? Not happy about Moro missing Miwaw tho.
  • Options
    Just needed the points tonight, the performance obviously was not great but this was one we needed to win for a whole range of reasons - we can now look up and not down for a start.

I think we really miss Haynes at home to stretch people, Yann, Fuller and Hulse are not 'runners' they are 'holders' and if you don't have speed its hard to actually get in behind teams who sit deep.

Shame Fuller is injured but its for goals like this that we brought him to the club.
  • Options

Not there, but get the impression of some similarity to some of last years "lucky" wins. Wonder if the Wendies are still unconvinced? Not happy about Moro missing Miwaw tho.

Is that right about Morro? Shite...

• Options
    Anyway, we've got 4 excellent strikers at the moment at the Club. If only we could keep Haynes and Fuller fit and Hulse until the end of season i really believe a play-offs place is not out of reach.
  • Options
    Good 3 points but really bad news if Morro can't play saturday, im much more worried about the score with him out.
  • Options
    108 pts still available...plus we've played better and lost.
  • Options
    His out , Dorian will replace him
  • Options
    Only viewed the game through Red, twitter and the BBC, but still concerned about the midfield and the amount of pressure that our back four apppears to have to soak up for long periods. Posh appeared to create a lot of decent chances yet, hey we won. I am a Hulse fan and would play him against Milwall but Yann scored tonight. Green appeared to make a difference on coming on, but is his impact now as a sub rather than starting. We need to learn how to control games, especially against teams at the bottom of the league. Fullers injury seems to count him out against Millwall and with Morrison also out through suspension, these are big players that will be missing. Lets hope some complacency creeps into the Rust Bucket boys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame Morro is out but it's Millwall, not Barca.

As for tonight, nasty, gritty win with the ref seemingly determined to give us nothing. Glad we have finally ground out something when probably not 100% deserved.

Posh played some lovely stuff but we always had a chance down the sides and so it proved.
  • Options
    will be interesting whether CP uses Taylor or Dervite in place of Morro, my guess Dervite as he has more game time.
  • Options
    Where is Danny Haynes ? Thr man is always injured its not normal
  • Options
    The Green bashers will be disappointed tonight:

"Green’s cross took a slight touch off Hulse and Kermorgant was ideally placed to fire past Olejnik from six yards."

Played a major part in the 2nd goal.
  • Options
    He's on a Creatine free diet for two weeks.
  • Options
    13 from the last available 15 points .. promotion form
  • Options
    He needs creatine and steroids maybe
  • Options
    Thought we didn't play brilliantly but got the job done. They had a couple of decent players , Boyd was the obvious stand out for them. Quality finish from fuller , glad to see Yann get a goal, bring on Milwall away !
  • Options
    Be interesting to see Yanns goal again. Looked like Hulse's effort was going in, and there was risk of offside as Yann slid in I thought.
  • Options
    Nice another three points,didn't sound great but a wins a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome three points but my god we were god damn awful. Front two isolated by an inept midfield. Kerkar and Pritchard offer little going forward and it's easier to get the eight army on the move than any of our centre pairings. If we present even half the chances we did tonight to Millwall on Saturday we will be looking at another embarrassment.
  • Options
    Didn't rate the performance at all

Far to narrow

Fullers goal was unreal yann was offside I thought and didn't need to touch it

A win is a win move on to Saturday but will have to play a hell of a lot better to get a draw let alone a win
  • Options
    Morrison will be missed at The Den, no doubt about that, I wonder if Powell will bring in Dervite at centre-half or play Matt Taylor?

Probably play Dervite but as Millwall are a physical side (especially Chris Wood) he might be better off with Big Matt.
  • Options

13 from the last available 15 points .. promotion form

yep it's reading form from last season...3 points from Millwall and brighton and we match them
    Thought it a very professional job done tonight - never worried about them...
    Back 5 solid and the midfield sorted although lacking pace... strikers are the best we've had for a very long time

• Options
    just seen the goals on sky, hulse's touch was taking it onto the post or wide, think yann was onside as he looked like he was behind hulse.
  • Options
    When Morro got booked I had a feeling that was his 5th booking. Gutted.

Performance wasn't great. Great strike by Ricardo but he looked knackered. I would have brought him off earlier. Lucky I'm not in charge but something needed changing.

Hope Ricky is ok for millwall but how good is it to have yann back. Will snap your hand of for a draw on Saturday.
  • Options
    Made hard work of it, posh played well considering they are bottom. Thought Yann was offside for his goal, shame Fuller got injuried scoring his goal. Green made about 6 tackles when he came on and 5 of those were fouls.
  • Options
  • Options
    Was pretty poor to be honest. Fuller's strike was the moment of quality, but didn't look good as he limped off. On that showing, I would give Hulse my man of the match, even with the little time he was on. I would have had Kerkar off, with Stephens on and JJ out left. Yann's back, but we had no width or pace out wide or invention in the middle. Green gave us more from the right, but he was also lucky not to be booked as he seemed to foul someone with every touch.

Posh played good football and we're lucky that they were clueless up front.

Gutted Morro misses Saturday, but looking forward to it. If we can grind out a result playing like that, there's always hope! COYR!!
  • Options
    Jt we lost to boro?