Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Peterborough - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Hamer was easily man of the match, Green was back to his best and just needs more games to improve confidence. We were lucky but then we have been unlucky in other games so let's just ride it. Peterborough need someone who can hit the target. We need hulse and haynes back as a partnership asap. Fuller's goal was sublime but i thought the goalie was at fault. Green's 'goal' via Yann was brilliant. The defence has to step up to it on sat without morrison.
  • Options
    Morro was man of the match for me, however they looked a better footballing side but it had 0-0 written all over it until that wonder strike. Do not think it was boring, we just lacked a spark of urgency and drive going forward
  • Options
    Bad day at the office but we won and move on to Millwall. Thought the midfield were very poor and gave YK and RF no service whatsoever. We need width and BP and SK aren't providing the goods. We improved when DG and RH came on. My team for Saturday would be

BH

CS
    CC
    MT
    DS

DG
    DS
    EF
    JJ

DH
    RH
  • Options
    After sleeping on it

The game was pony I wouldn't say we were poor and won

I would say we didnt get going other than in spits and spurts

Fuller showed why SCP kept him on with the goal but I found him very frustrating

We are devoid of pace and width and we don't really have it in the squad without wiggins and Wilson

I thought greens deliveries when he came on we're poor I also thought he conceded possession to easily

However he gave peterboro something else to think about and did mean they had to worry about 1 side in the last 20 and it allowed more space

When man u play badly and people say its the sign of a good team

Well surely that goes the same for us

Very similar to last season where we just had the little thing others didn't when we played them and we would win

Not fussed about any negatives now at all and cant wait for saturday
  • Options
    WSS said:

Be interesting to see Yanns goal again. Looked like Hulse's effort was going in, and there was risk of offside as Yann slid in I thought.

From where i sit i don't think it would have gone in without Kermorgant's touch but i did think Kermorgant was offside as he appeared ahead of Hulse

• Options

Bad day at the office but we won and move on to Millwall. Thought the midfield were very poor and gave YK and RF no service whatsoever. We need width and BP and SK aren't providing the goods. We improved when DG and RH came on. My team for Saturday would be

BH

CS
    CC
    MT
    DS

DG
    DS
    EF
    JJ

DH
    RH

Is that Carl Cort in defence. Not sure I want to risk him marking Chris wood ; )
  • Options

Pretty poor performance. We can't continue with that midfield whilst Haynes is out. No pace upfront and a total lack of width.

Fullers goal was a belter but suspect he is going to be gone for another 3-4 weeks.

Posh unfortunate not to get a point and certainly not the worst I've seen this season.

Agree with this
  • Options
    Danny will be back Saturday our pace in the team is

Haynes
    Wiggins
    Wilson

Who were all injured we are making do with what we have right now and being unbeaten in 5 I reckon that the mgmt at the club may just know more than any of us and I include me in that as it is very obvious we lack width and pace

But If we don't have it we don't have it nothing we can do till jan
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Didn't play well but won vs. a team playing good football with a smart formation that caused us problems with their extra man in midfield.

No movement up front, no width and pace.

Needed to someone to keep possession 1st half but it didn't stick to the forwards and the midfield kept llosing it. Seemed to miss Stephens but with the boro players buzzing around ours having him there could have back-fired.

Morro our rock.

Like the look of Newell also.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Exactly, our pace is out injured at the moment. If there are funds of some kind in January I expect a left winger to be a priority, whilst Wiggins return will make us a LOT better better attacking from that side of the pitch. He is one of our best players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace impressed!!

ffs bbc really!!?? Muppets
  • Options
    Slightly harsh on Green, Nth London Addick?!?

I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but IMO he worked harder than usual. Yes he gave away silly fouls, but that stopped their momentum.

Silly foul outside our box, but I was happy to see him there tracking back...

His crosses were poor!? I assume you went home before the second goal?
  • Options
    No I was there to the end I expect a winger to deliver a ballinto the box

But let's be straight it weren't a worldy cross was it

I ain't slating the fella but IMO he is an average winger he gave them something else to think about but I wouldn't say he scared them
  • Options
    Fuller said he'll be fine for Saturday.
  • Options
    With Green it's a fine balance between decent (not exceptional) crossing and being a liability in our own half. Would have Pritch all day long - especially against the likes of Millwall.
  • Options

I reckon Haynes will be fit for Millwall, probably being held back for that game alone.

Team for the trip to the Deptford scum should be.....

Hamer
    Solly - Cort - Taylor - Seabourne
    Pritchard - Frimpong - Jackson - Kerkar
    Haynes - Kermorgant

...just don't fancy Dervite against the Scum, might be better with a real warrior like Taylor.

Dervite played centre back against cardiff i think and got an absoloute pummeling in the air.

As for haynes kermogant i would go haynes hulse I think he runs the channels better than kerm and stretches them
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A win is a win but I did find he game frustrating. We couldn' t have complained if we got a draw and I thought the attack was a bit lifeless for much of the match. We were fortunate we were playing a side low in confidence -but outside of that 4 wins and a draw out of 5 is not bad at all and we are closing in on them play off places.

Haynes looks to be a key player for us- when is he likely to be back?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Fuller said he'll be fine for Saturday.

Excellent news - is that on his Twitter?
  • Options
    3 much needed points and a stunning goal, but ........................ Lack of pace and width etc, it's all been said but what I also noticed and didn't like was Frimpong ordering players about. Solly was none too keen on it either. I hope that the squad can regain focus and settle down, but I guess that's a big ask given the injuries list and the constant swapping about of the squad. Hopefully the new singings in January ( Slater in the bar was promising 2 new acquisitions) will give CP a chance to play a settled and improved side.
  • Options
    You have to feel for Chrissy - injuries have been a pig to us this season - would be nice for him to be able to play a settled side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

With Green it's a fine balance between decent (not exceptional) crossing and being a liability in our own half. Would have Pritch all day long - especially against the likes of Millwall.

Agree. Pritchard (and Kerkar) has created a few goals and we need more energy and reliable players in the team, not less. Even more so against Millwall.

It's Haynes' pace that could make a huge difference to the team, not Green's crossing.
  • Options
    I like Green, i think he can produce quality at times. But lets be honest, we are gonna be under the kosh for a large percentage of saturday id imagine, and Solly will need help.

Pritchard to start all day long.
  • Options
    Pritchard brings much needed energy to the team.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If only Peterborough had a striker! Ben Hamer and Morrison kept us in that game and thankfully a stroke of genius from Fuller put us in front. Winning tastes much sweeter when considering we were second best for periods of the game. Joe Newell looks like a handful on the wing, just unlucky to come up against Solly. Overall a bit of daylight robbery but hey, if you play bad and still win then that says something about our progress in this tough league right?. Johnnie Jackson was interviewed late last night on TalkSport and said he preferred playing central, also thought it would be a tough season after the first few games and everyone looking forward to the Millwall match where both teams are in form. Bring on the Millwall!
  • Options
    We can't win every game in style, so I'm not too bothered about the performance.

Peterborough have been in this division longer than us so any victory in this league should be celebrated.

We're doing absolutely fine on the whole. Infact, we're doing bloody great IMO with 4 wins out of 5.

Based on some of the comments on here anyone would think we were in the relegation zone...
  • Options
    Haven't read through the thread but just want to mention Danny Green.

I really like Danny. I think he is excellent BUT he has to be 1 of the most infuriating and frustrating players I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt!! Has the ability to put in some great crosses like the 1 for the 2nd goal last night. I think if he was consistent he could easily be 1 of the best players in this league, then there are other times where he can be dire!! He is so inconsistent. Very frustrating!!
  • Options
    Wasn't the greatest game I thought Peterborough were really poor but a win is a win.. Looks like we will have to nurse that Hammy of Fullers but at least he did it scoring a fine goal. Midfield (apart from Frimpong) were pedestrian I thought especially Kerkar whos is out of sorts. Still don't think pritchard is a wide player and we looked better with Green on going forward but of course you sacrifice the tracking back with him in the team. No Morrow on Saturday but that's what a squad is for.

Good points though and the walk home was at least a cheerful one. COYR's for Saturday
  • Options
    Agree about Green, his crossing is certainly one of the best in the league and we seem allot more dangerous when he's on but those fouls he commits are stupid. He had the man in the corner going nowhere and bundles him over then he gives away another right by our area in a dangerous position when there's no need.

Speaking of crossing though, does Solly ever put in a bad cross? Left or right foot they always seem to be on the money.
  • Options
    Yes, Solly does put in the odd bad cross - but lots of decent ones too.
  • Options
    Not a great performance but not as bad as some have said.

Positives: Solly who just seems to get better and better. His attacking play is improving quite rapidly. Morro had another great match. Seaborn and Kerkar linked well in the first half but faded.

Negatives: I like Frimpong a lot but he is a defensive midfielder and with Jackson alongside him we lacked any sort of pace. Cort's communication with both Morro and Hamer was very poor. We have no pace and no one in the centre who can beat players, therefore little threat.

We need Green to play, at least until Wilson & Haynes is back. He can beat players and he can cross. Without someone like that we are just too narrow and one dimensional.