Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Peterborough - Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Bad day at the office but we won and move on to Millwall. Thought the midfield were very poor and gave YK and RF no service whatsoever. We need width and BP and SK aren't providing the goods. We improved when DG and RH came on. My team for Saturday would be

BH

CS
    CC
    MT
    DS

DG
    DS
    EF
    JJ

DH
    RH

Is that Carl Cort in defence. Not sure I want to risk him marking Chris wood ; )
    Why not? Cort is pretty good in the air isn't he?
  • Options
    He was joking. Leon Cort plays for us, not Carl Cort.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

v Barnsley we were worse

How do you remember that? Very impressive. I only remember losing :)

• Options
    @Plaaayer cheers re Fuller, lets hope he is right
  • Options
    all about the 3 points , wanky performance but get that out the system so we put a good performance in at the scum (and lose prolly)

is kerkar the tallest shitter of headering a ball ever he must be 6ft 2 and we had a corner and he was one of our defenders

everything about the game has been said above

0% top 2 ....... 10% play offs .....30% 7th-12th ....... 59% 13th -21st ..... 1% relegation

it's all about saturday , if you don't feel sick , you're not in to the game enough or mad enough !!
  • Options
    He does the old Dennis Bergkamp trick of jumping before the ball even gets there, so it looks like he's gone for the header but he's never going to get it.
  • Options
    Such a depressing post match thread to read. Think ill read the Charlton blogs before this post in future when we win.
  • Options
    This was a six pointer and we won it.

I'm ill so wasn't there and thus cannot comment on the performance but 3 points were crucial and we got them.

Saturday is 99% likely to be a defeat so we've improved our cushion from the bottom 3 to absorb this loss.
  • Options
    I think the last two games just highlight the way that SCP wants the team to play - a very calm, professional approach, which is not necessarily full of 'pace' and 'action' but puts a priority on defensive security and the players doing their job.

It is a perfectly good way to play and the relative league positions (and the result last night) between us and Peterborough (who are quite the opposite type of team) really shows that this is winning football.

Everyone knows that the side could do with more pace, but - as others have said - injuries have made that very difficult and he is not going to sacrifice the solidity of the team for less experienced players.

I will take wins like last night every time!
  • Options
    Good post, StevieK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus Christ I wish I hadn't come back to this thread. Sure, we got three points against an ok team in the league having just come up from League One, but the performance wasn't brilliant and the other team had attacks(!) so we should be ashamed of ourselves. We should really give the points back to Peterborough to be honest. Winning without playing them off the park just isn't cricket. People predicting a loss to Millwall off the back of a 2-0 win at home really should avoid going to the match. You'll have some kind of massive headsplosion if we come away with any points
  • Options
    I really can't believe some of the negativity. I thought last night was a drab performance but a professional one, we stuck in there, stayed patient, and eventually got the result we all wanted. Great credit needs to go to Peterborough as despite some Keystone Kops defending by them in the first half they were well organised and had it not been for Fuller's wonder goal could well have done a classic away team smash and grab. I think the frustration in our play was as much that Pboro were stifling us as much as it was us underpeforming.

Three points despite not playing great - strong character shown - and beating a team who had come here set up not to be beaten - the kind of teams we've often struggled against in the past.

Did I go home ecstatic and deliriously excited about the game? Course not. Was I satisfied though that it was another solid performance, clean sheet and home win - absobloodylutely.
  • Options
    I've lost count of the amount of times we've had a decent result from a poor performance and someone comes on here and spouts "Against a half decent team we would have been thrashed!!!"

And then we would go on to play a better team than the one we just played, upped the performance and got the win.
  • Options
    Some of the comments on here are cringeworthy, you don't have to destroy teams every game or dominate every game you play - you just need to get the points.

Someone earlier said, "We only won because of a bit of genius from Fuller." Er, hello? That's why we signed him - when others were not so brave to take the risk, shouldn't SCP get some credit for that?