Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Peterborough - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell will be pleased with the clean sheet.
  • Options
    Thought Yann would be flagged offside for the goal but as the lino got everything else right (and I do wish people would actually listen to when the balls played rather than follow it with their eyes) I trust he was right on this. Not a great performance and thought Fuller was struggling but blimy what a strike for the goal. Still need to get that balance right in midfield but the table don't look too bad to me.
  • Options
    We were awful and outplayed by te team who are bottom! Was that really the same Frimpong? We need Haynes up front and quickly. Once again Solly superb. Who is Newell? Great payer.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just got in posting before reading.
    Well, on the one hand you can say we were lucky, on the other hand Fullers goal was class and deserved to win it.
    We controlled the first half, but were crying out for a bit of pace, and a bit of width, there was a good early save from Yann but we threatened without being that deadly (obviously). Second half Peterborough were all over us, getting closer and closer Hamer had made two excellent saves (one in the first half) and hitting the post when it looked like it was going in...phew! However Peterborough then took the impetus out of their own game by 'dramatising' a couple of injuries. We brought on Green which livened things up a bit and Fuller, who'd looked patchy at best up to that point, scored his banger from 27 yards out. Cue dramatic substitution and smiles all round.
    We were on top after that but to me our second was offside clearly, a bit like the goal that Wolves had ruled out for offside at their place...ours was given by a poor linesman.
    Grins all round, especially for me as I had Fuller/2-0 at 25-1 (a special in the bookies), pity I only had a quid on it though.
  • Options
    Haven't read any previous posts.... thought it would be a hard battle and it was. Apart from a sublime moment from Fuller I thought we just about got by. No enough penetration in the first half and then for 20 minutes Boro ran the show in the second half. I don't think anyone had a great game apart from Morro. Pritchard started well and had a deft header hit the post but otherwise I felt he was chasing the game. And what was Hamer's decision making like around the box? He can make great saves but there were truly scary moments where the communication between him and the defence seemed like kids in the park. We seemed devoid of ideas and the front pairing of Yann and Ricardo just didn't have the chemistry or pace we need. Badly lacked pace. And the ref wasn't giving us a bean! But hey it was a win in the end and for that I am happy, but Saturday's game will require much more discipline and focus and we can't be as slack at the back like tonight. Thankfully Boro's finishing shows why they may be bottom of the pile right now. But Millwall will punish us if we do that again. Anyway COYR!!!!
  • Options
    I was there. Scoreline flattered us. How shite was that ref? And what was the 4th official's problem? He seemed to be having a go at our bench the whole time.
  • Options
    cant believe the amount of stick hamer was getting tonight from people around me, i thought he had a decent game but some didnt give him a chance, good result anyway and we move on to the big one
  • Options
    Could only find 3 bookings for Morrison in the programme.
  • Options
    Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21
    Not pretty but a great win! Song after the game was unreal Top Bank! Big Love for that! #cafc on to the big 1 satday at the Den!
  • Options
    What was the song after the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was a bitty display with few good performances. Frimpong wasn't at the races and we didn't really click.

P'boro were decent enough and if they are bottom it shows how tough this league is.

Morrison MOTM. Cleaned up at the back so many times. Glad he's not missing the game that really matters v Brighton.

Great goal from Fuller.

Had 2 - 0 with Fuller first goal at 25 - 1. Result.

All about Brighton now.
  • Options
    Strangely disjointed performance. for those that criticise Stephens the first half today was a good example of what we are like without him, we were crying out for a passing midfielder. Thought the introduction of Green improved our shape late on. Hamer kept us in it throughout with a great performance. Morro had a big game in defence too, will be missed at Millwall.
  • Options
    JT said:

That seems wrong, we lost at home to Middlesbrough in those 6 games
  • Options
    Awful performance and we were lucky to win to be honest.
  • Options
    Yeah someones pointed that out Chris. Soccerway have had a mare. I retract that image
  • Options
    Pretty poor performance. We can't continue with that midfield whilst Haynes is out. No pace upfront and a total lack of width.

Fullers goal was a belter but suspect he is going to be gone for another 3-4 weeks.

Posh unfortunate not to get a point and certainly not the worst I've seen this season.
  • Options
    Emmanuel Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC
    Great win nice three points now let's get ready for the Den goodnight #cafc #afc #wolves
  • Options
    I can't believe we won that, we were so poor. Was Green trying to get sent off with a continuous stream of pointless fouls? Fullers goal was brilliant but he continues to frustrate. What was Pritchard doing in the second half? He was awful tonight. Anyway, 3 points, a home win and onwards we go.
  • Options
    Thought we were poor. But we played brilliantly before and got a draw or we lost. 110% commitment as always.

Think we lack pace so badly. It's obvious we can't rely on Haynes to be our only option with pace.

I think he rested Stephens for Saturday, and I have a suspicion Haynes will be okay for Saturday!

Three points are three points, and it moves us up the table!

Stay positive, onwards & upwards...
  • Options
    Hamer had a very good game. Some great saves at important times.

'Uddersfield had a song on Saturday about the ref's they get. God help them if they get this one.

Morro will be a big miss as Court is immense in the air but round his feet, especially when he is tiring he is like Bambi on ice.

It was calling out for a sub before CP made it. Surprised to see Frimpong make way as the other 3 beside him all had poor games. How long is Wilson out for ?

Yan played well and sheer Premiership class from Fuller for the goal.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought we very poor - glad that Posh lacked a cutting edge. One moment of quality opened the game up.
    Our defence was ponderous and midfield once again lacked quality. Pritchard had a real stinker and JJ was anonymous.
    Nice to win and keep a clean sheet despite playing so poorly.
    Hope we raise our game on Saturday.
  • Options

cant believe the amount of stick hamer was getting tonight from people around me, i thought he had a decent game but some didnt give him a chance, good result anyway and we move on to the big one

Must of been Button's family and friends...thought he had a good game. Claimed crosses and made some good saves...
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I was there. Scoreline flattered us. How shite was that ref? And what was the 4th official's problem? He seemed to be having a go at our bench the whole time.

I believe there are rules, as to how many personnel can be in a dugout raise pitch. Another silly FA rule.
  • Options
    1st half felt a bit like a pre season game, very flat. Both managers must have got stuck in a bit at half time as it did pick up. Felt it was crying out for Green a lot earlier, our crosses into the box were very poor. Midfield need to step it up a bit, Pboro were able to break through far too easily. Still can't moan, another win and sets up Saturday nicely. Just a shame about Morro and hopefully Fuller will be ok.
  • Options
    Some strange marks on the other thread:

Hamer - 6
    Pritch - 8

Really ?

I must of been at a different game.

• Options
    Didn't think we were lucky. Hamer made a couple of good stops but we had our own chances and hit the post as well.

Fullers goal was a different class, thought him and Kerm led the line well but the centre mid is too static, didn't seem and sort of pace even though JJ ran his socks off, at times he seemed to be doing Frimpongs job as well.

Absolutely gutted about Morrison if I had to chose a player NOT to lose for Saturday it would be him or S-dog.

If there is a God surely he hates Millwall and will let Haynes and Fulller both be fit.

Feel sick already about Saturday!
  • Options
    Was there much singing and atmosphere in the ground tonight?
  • Options
    One of the worst performances I have seen from Charlton. If we were against a team better than Peterborough we would have been seriously punished.

Frimpong seemed to be working at about 50% and that's being generous.
    Solly was brilliant, really put in a performance. Cort terrifying me when he is on the ball as always but puts in some vital blocks.

Still massively worried about the midfield.

Need to step it up between now and Saturday or we will be humiliated.

The ray of sunshine is of course that the beast that is Yann Kermogant is back.
  • Options
    You can only beat what's infront of you guys, but winning when not playing well is ideal when we know we need to play alot better vs the form team in the country on Saturday! It's gonna be a midfield battle and I'm a bit scared for our midfield.

Great goal by fuller, and another clean sheet so i'm happy
  • Options
    HIUTB has it spot on. Posh played around our ponderous midfield and only their poor finishing let us off the hook. I was surprised at the number of times Frimpong lost a tackle although his distribution made him the pick of the midfielders. Hamer had a good game IMO. One 50 yard kick to Frimpong was worthy of a midfielder and his handling was faultless apart from one incident in the first half when he got crowded by a defender. Thank heavens that Fuller took out his evident frustration on the ball. Similar strike to Yann's in the second minute in that the keeper wasn't expecting it.
    Green looked lively when he came on (as he did against the Udders) and gave us an outlet which we had lacked.

With Morro out and Fuller clutching his hamstring, it looks like 2 changes at least for Saturday.