Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Peterborough - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I reckon Haynes will be fit for Millwall, probably being held back for that game alone.

Team for the trip to the Deptford scum should be.....

Hamer
    Solly - Cort - Taylor - Seabourne
    Pritchard - Frimpong - Jackson - Kerkar
    Haynes - Kermorgant

...just don't fancy Dervite against the Scum, might be better with a real warrior like Taylor.
  • Options
    Got a feeling Powell stayed in the dressing room for a bit after to gee everyone up for Saturday.

Just an incline.
  • Options
    Great cameo from Green, pretty average performance but groin out a win despite riding our luck for large parts of the second half.

Assume Fringpong's not fit as he rarely offered himself in space when unmarked.....or just told to sit in front of back four?!?!

A win's a win and the table looks like good reading as we pull away from the bottom.

COYA!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Got a feeling Powell stayed in the dressing room for a bit after to gee everyone up for Saturday.

Just an incline.

Don't make a mountain out of it.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited November 2012
    salim kerkar ‏@kerkar10
    Well done boys great result tonight! @Doderv23 @johnnie_jackson @cjsolly @BenHamer21 @Frimpong26AFC see you thursday

Gabriel Zakuani ‏@Gabs50Zakuani
    Good catch up with my big brother Ricky Fuller same old mad man, good to see my friend @Frimpong26AFC playing again #DENCH #twofootedlunge
    Retweeted by Emmanuel Frimpong
  • Options
    Must just be me I thought Fuller was shit Saturday and tonight, thought is was a result he scored and got injured as I was shouting for Powelly to bring Hulse on for ages. In fact extremely disappointed Stephens and Hulse were dropped. Are we saying Jackson is undroppable? Lack of width is hurting us. Solly is just different gravy
  • Options
    WSS said:

Just an incline.

That's a bit steep.
  • Options

I reckon Haynes will be fit for Millwall, probably being held back for that game alone.

Team for the trip to the Deptford scum should be.....

Hamer
    Solly - Cort - Taylor - Seabourne
    Pritchard - Frimpong - Jackson - Kerkar
    Haynes - Kermorgant

...just don't fancy Dervite against the Scum, might be better with a real warrior like Taylor.

I totally agree, Taylor must play as he understands the the feeling of a classic local derby
  • Options
    We seemed to score right in the middle of our worst patch of play. Go figure. Midfield seemed very static - not pace we were lacking, but an understanding between the players to push forward and try to break through.

Set pieces weren't up to much chop either, either side.

Still, rode a little luck, persevered and got the points we needed.

As a kiwi I'm a big fan of Chris Wood (prob shouldn't say that here) but ill be a bigger fan if he's anonymous this Sat.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

WSS said:

Just an incline.

That's a bit steep.
    Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Hulse was named on the bench tonight as he'd been unwell the last day or 2.

Kermo scored tonight in front of his Mum and Dad. Bet they were proud!
  • Options

Must just be me I thought Fuller was shit Saturday and tonight, thought is was a result he scored and got injured as I was shouting for Powelly to bring Hulse on for ages. In fact extremely disappointed Stephens and Hulse were dropped. Are we saying Jackson is undroppable? Lack of width is hurting us. Solly is just different gravy

Wernt there Saturday so don't know but I think at this point I say

This 100%
  • Options
    I hate saying it, but I agree with Steve. RF has looked off the pace and has slightly lost his touch.

What a goal though.
  • Options
    I see Semedo was only sub in tonight's game for the Massives.

Thought he was supposed to be their all-conquering hero?
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Oggy Red said:

WSS said:

Just an incline.

That's a bit steep.
    Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Molehill ....... don't we play them on Saturday?
  • Options
    We played in slow motion. If we're good enough for the play offs then this league can't be that good.
  • Options
    would someone explain to me what kerkar contributes
  • Options
    Garbage for 70 mins and then the bloke who i shouted to get off the pitch ten mins earlier scores a wordly. Cannot remember the last time when we played that bad and won. Three points is three points and just hoping we can put in a effort this Saturday instead of rolling over and give up like we normally do down that shithole
  • Options
    No idea. No pace, can't defend, can't cross, doesn't shoot.

Anybody else ?
  • Options

Everything you've said is what I've been thinking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    timken said:

He is one of the the most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Thats why they are going down. Frimpong was uninterested and at times looked frustrated with his team mates
  • Options
    Great win... At home where we've struggled a bit ... Now Millwall... Either way these three points were super important to get ...

Yann is back ... Just what we need against Millwall...
  • Options

What was the song after the game?

a very loud rendition of "he's Charlton's number 1, he hates the palace scum" with hamer stood in front of the covered end applauding. he was superb tonight, can't believe anyone can criticise him, his distribution was just so good

• Options
    Huskaris said:

timken said:

He is one of the the most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.

That's a big statement after a handful of games
  • Options
    were shit were shit were shit were shit.we won
  • Options
    Frimpong off the pace in a midfield that lacked any creativity until Green came on.
    Back four solid enough.
    Kerkar and Seaborne really are the odd couple though down the left though.
    Tomlin impressive for them.
    More impressive that he is clearly an advocate for the old Andy Reid diet. Thought he had about four jumpers on under that shirt at first!
  • Options
    Very disappointed with tonight's showing...seemed flat & ponderous , rarely stepping up a gear. Couldn't see us scoring until Ric's wonder goal .

As others have said, our midfield looked tired and lacking in ideas. I too think we missed Stephens' energy and it goes without saying that without Haynes we are a poorer team going forward.

Thought it was Morro's 5th yellow - he'll be sorely missed on Saturday , and I'm unsure about Seabourne although thought he did OK at Bristol.

Can't say I'm excited about our visit to our near neighbours but we know we can rise to the occasion when required ( Cardiff) so I'm sure we'll give it our best.

In SCP we trust !

• Options
    kap10 I too didnt like frimpongs attitude which seemed to be "dont you know who I am," did lots of pointing but not much marking/tackling.He obviously has class [40 yard cross field passes just looked like showing off].Not with the team ethic dangerous to have around hard working team mates.