Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford - red division

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Stig said:

The mathematician in me wishes this added up to 100%, where did the other 0.9 to 1% go?
  • Options
    Callum good spot but you really need to get out more :-)
  • Options
    Rounding down.
  • Options
    So if i have a season ticket in the west stand , am i working class or middle class?
  • Options

So if i have a season ticket in the west stand , am i working class or middle class?

Yes
  • Options
    Yes you are working class or middle class ...poor attempt at a joke

#fail
  • Options

Upper or lower?

• Options
    Upper of course, where else would one go?
  • Options

Stig said:

The mathematician in me wishes this added up to 100%, where did the other 0.9 to 1% go?
    The remaining 0.9% of knuckle draggers aren't technically human, so they can't be included.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Ding ding ding! The response I was looking for. You win a ST at the Den.
  • Options
    I'm just a bit confused at the sterotypes here, so if I'm a season ticket holder in the west stand , I'm middle class , but when I was a season ticket holder in the North Stsnd I was working class, and when I didn't have a season ticket because i worked weekends , couldnt afford one and floated between the East Stand I had ..... No class?? :-0

I was born in Mottingham and however rich or poor I am will always consider myself as working class till the day I die.

• Options

I'm just a bit confused at the sterotypes here, so if I'm a season ticket holder in the west stand , I'm middle class , but when I was a season ticket holder in the North Stsnd I was working class, and when I didn't have a season ticket because i worked weekends , couldnt afford one and floated between the East Stand I had ..... No class?? :-0

I was born in Mottingham and however rich or poor I am will always consider myself as working class till the day I die.

Really pointless comment. No one said whichever stand you sat in denoted your class.
    Age and class are likely to affect your behaviour in a football stadium - an abundance of old, middle class people (or people that embody middle class ideals) mean the west and east stands tend to be quiet and are less inclined to travel to away games.
  • Options
    Im confused what i am, so if the experts could help, born in to working class with my dad's side(not my dad) wanting to be middle class but i am a proud wooly liberal with a good job in an artistic field of work but i do join in the singing?

• Options

Im confused what i am, so if the experts could help, born in to working class with my dad's side(not my dad) wanting to be middle class but i am a proud wooly liberal with a good job in an artistic field of work but i do join in the singing?

Scottish = working class :-)
  • Options
    RJ I think your missing the point , I'm on the West am 40 years plus , sing more than most teenagers , and have been to 8 away games this season, you can't generalize.
  • Options
    Hate predictive text on mobiles!!!
  • Options

Scottish = working class :-)
    Im not scottish, 6 years living up there was enough for me.
  • Options

Stig said:

The remaining 0.9% of knuckle draggers aren't technically human, so they can't be included.

Ding ding ding! The response I was looking for. You win a ST at the Den.

Wish I'd thought of that. Not for the ST, I might add!
  • Options

RJ I think your missing the point , I'm on the West am 40 years plus , sing more than most teenagers , and have been to 8 away games this season, you can't generalize.

Well, you can generalise. You're an anomoly seeing as though most over 40 don't sing in the west stand.
    If you don't believe that you can make the assumption that the people that make the most noise at football grounds are young, working class males then you havnt been paying attention at the away games youve been to.

Im not saying everyone that sits in the west stand is middle class; they simply (as a collective) embody cliche middle class ideals of silence and good behaviour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well, you can generalise. You're an anomoly seeing as though most over 40 don't sing in the west stand.
    If you don't believe that you can make the assumption that the people that make the most noise at football grounds are young, working class males then you havnt been paying attention at the away games youve been to.

Im not saying everyone that sits in the west stand is middle class; they simply (as a collective) embody cliche middle class ideals of silence and good behaviour.
    And working class people aren't ever silent or capable of good behaviour?

• Options

Really pointless comment. No one said whichever stand you sat in denoted your class.
    Age and class are likely to affect your behaviour in a football stadium - an abundance of old, middle class people (or people that embody middle class ideals) mean the west and east stands tend to be quiet and are less inclined to travel to away games.
    Surely you mean that those in th East and West stands are MORE likely to go to away games, given that our away support is apparently gubbings?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Surely you mean that those in th East and West stands are MORE likely to go to away games, given that our away support is apparently gubbings?
    No - our away support is relatively small in number (incomparison with our home support) but a lot louder. So id assume the majority come from the north stand

• Options
    I think you assume too much Ronny...
  • Options

And working class people aren't ever silent or capable of good behaviour?

Where in the above do i say that ALL working class people aare badly behaved or incapable of silence?
  • Options

Off_it said:

No - our away support is relatively small in number (incomparison with our home support) but a lot louder. So id assume the majority come from the north stand

Have you never looked around you at an away match? Our away support is just about the oldest I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Have you never looked around you at an away match? Our away support is just about the oldest I have ever seen.
    Even I feel young at away games. Funniest sight I've seen was some of our 60+ supporters squaring up to each other at the Stevenage game - never too old to fight!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Nah the proportion of old fans at home is higher than away i think.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Agree

Assumes that you can judge people's class by their behaviour.

Admits class was the wrong term to use then goes back to using it.

Assumes most away fans come from the North covered end based on not much.

Stop guessing.

• Options

C_A_F_C said:

Agree

Assumes that you can judge people's class by their behaviour.

Admits class was the wrong term to use then goes back to using it.

Assumes most away fans come from the North covered end based on not much.

Stop guessing.

You havent read what ive written closely.

So people sit in silence in the east and west and then when they go to away games stand and shout?
    Or is it more likely that those that stand and shout at home do the same away and so are likely to sit in north upper?