Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford - red division

Comments

• Options

the kid with the mullet was messy, drinking champagne before the game, but it was his two mates that were even more pissed. One had a waistcoat on and he was holding up another kid in a full suit and tie.

i saw the mullet lad in the ground but the other two lads would never have been allowed in the ground. If they did then i cant imagine they remember any of it.

good effort lads.

The lads with the waistcoat who were even more pissed were locals who came over in Spoons and started chatting to us, they were alright to be fair.
  • Options

the kid with the mullet was messy, drinking champagne before the game, but it was his two mates that were even more pissed. One had a waistcoat on and he was holding up another kid in a full suit and tie.

i saw the mullet lad in the ground but the other two lads would never have been allowed in the ground. If they did then i cant imagine they remember any of it.

good effort lads.

The lads with the waistcoat who were even more pissed were locals who came over in Spoons and started chatting to us, they were alright to be fair.
    Ah fair enough. They were battered!
  • Options

nolly said:

Out of interest ooo ah when you did attend regularly away what was out away support like ?

started going everywhere from about the 1985 promotion season for about 15 years and we'd just moved to selhurst and gaining promotion and top flight footy for the first time in years meant the numbers weren't as small as they could have been but a decent enough home/away ratio !
    but it was all guesswork back then as to how many fans travelled away and unlike now exaggerated numbers were often quoted and no one could be pulled on them .
    just remember being impressed when pompey, chelsea and newcastle were bringing bundles to the Valley in the early eighties before football got all trendy/popular and in those days home numbers were so much less
    our Fa cup trip to spurs Jan 1985 was my first experience of big away numbers with charlton and we had an estimated 5k that day and that was prolly our average home gate !
    The home/away ratio is silly, we've got a better figure than Brighton!

1,500 isn't great and probably due to people not being bothered because of the early kick off time. We probably would've sold over 2k if the game started 2 hours later!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I think it is perfectly reasonable to comment about our fans and our fan numbers on threads that relate to our fans or our away numbers. Why would anyone get annoyed by that?

It's perfectly reasonable, however if you read his post some of the comments come across as a bit 'snidey' and I can see why it puts people's backs up after a great win and day.

"but kermorgants jacksons (edited) winner and celebration with a few in the sparsely populated away end looked a bit non league to be honest"

"fairplay to the few who made the long arduos trip you got your rewards"
  • Options
    1,520 Charlton there yesterday
  • Options
    Nug said:

MrOneLung said:

I think it is perfectly reasonable to comment about our fans and our fan numbers on threads that relate to our fans or our away numbers. Why would anyone get annoyed by that?

It's perfectly reasonable, however if you read his post some of the comments come across as a bit 'snidey' and I can see why it puts people's backs up after a great win and day.

"but kermorgants jacksons (edited) winner and celebration with a few in the sparsely populated away end looked a bit non league to be honest"

"fairplay to the few who made the long arduos trip you got your rewards"
    Snidey is the perfect description .
  • Options

TBF Its not very hard to out-sing our support but you were vocal.

Horns, why is it so quiet. You'd think with the quality of football and results that there'd be a bit more of an atmos? Your mascot does his best. Complete nutter.
  • Options
    Just my opinion , but if people don't like reading other people's views on our away turn outs within an away thread then surely they are the strange ones ?
  • Options
    No, the thread was about Red Division.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    and it should be possible to talk about an away game without our away numbers being denegrated, particularly with thinly veiled insults hidden behind sarcasm and snide remarks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    With someone that obsessed with one particular aspect of CAFC it is probably safer for the general public to keep him occupied on here...

Obsess away Oohaah...
  • Options
    I'm gonna stick up for ooh aah here as one of my favourite posters on this forum (arse kiss) as he is in the same boat as me and I'm sure many others in that we would love to go to more away games if we could but family commitments and money often come first

But like me he has done more than his fair share in his day (I barely missed an away game 92-06) so he is perfectly entitled to take the piss

However I do think he has got this one wrong (Watford) and in fact Derby aside I think out numbers have been good for us this season. I honestly thought sheff wed could be a 300 three days before Xmas

Good on those going regularly and getting behind the boys
  • Options

I'm gonna stick up for ooh aah here as one of my favourite posters on this forum (arse kiss) as he is in the same boat as me and I'm sure many others in that we would love to go to more away games if we could but family commitments and money often come first

But like me he has done more than his fair share in his day (I barely missed an away game 92-06) so he is perfectly entitled to take the piss

However I do think he has got this one wrong (Watford) and in fact Derby aside I think out numbers have been good for us this season. I honestly thought sheff wed could be a 300 three days before Xmas

Good on those going regularly and getting behind the boys

No he isn't
  • Options
    He's not really taking the pee though I don't think. He plays up to the reputation others have created for him on here for sure, but people keep feeding him ammo!

Proper fan who has done more than his fair share for our club in my opinion. And he doesn't throw flares.
  • Options
    Exactly mate.

Does make me laugh why people get so wound up about it.
  • Options

nolly said:

Out of interest ooo ah when you did attend regularly away what was out away support like ?

started going everywhere from about the 1985 promotion season for about 15 years and we'd just moved to selhurst and gaining promotion and top flight footy for the first time in years meant the numbers weren't as small as they could have been but a decent enough home/away ratio !
    but it was all guesswork back then as to how many fans travelled away and unlike now exaggerated numbers were often quoted and no one could be pulled on them .
    just remember being impressed when pompey, chelsea and newcastle were bringing bundles to the Valley in the early eighties before football got all trendy/popular and in those days home numbers were so much less
    our Fa cup trip to spurs Jan 1985 was my first experience of big away numbers with charlton and we had an estimated 5k that day and that was prolly our average home gate !
    A mere novice then :-) If you don't mind oohaah I'm going to give your posts a miss in future. You was out of order yesterday imo.
  • Options
    But as has been pointed out above theirs a difference between having a view (that our away support isn't what it should be) and having a dig (nonsense about "sparsely populated" away ends when there's over 1,500 Addicks in there for a 1pm k/o). If you chose to have a dig you can't be upset, and I doubt ooohaah is, when you get people's backs up.
  • Options
    I was sat in with the Watford fans (long story - was offered the tickets for free), at the opposite end of the ground to the cafc fans.

The 1500 or so made an impressive racket all game, even when we were behind (twice). Even some of the tougher looking Watford lads around me were moaning that the Watford support was quiet, even saying 'why can't we get behind our team like those lot do'.

Good on you all, anything on here about the support not being great is utter nonsense.

Loved the fact that all those around me were giving Hamer proper stick all through the 2nd half. He didnt react once, until the final whistle when he turned around pumping his fists in the air! My only regret was not being able to celebrate our goals properly!
  • Options
    WSS said:

He's not really taking the pee though I don't think. He plays up to the reputation others have created for him on here for sure, but people keep feeding him ammo!

Proper fan who has done more than his fair share for our club in my opinion. And he doesn't throw flares.

He was taking the pee and loving every minute of it. Yesterday was a good crowd for a 1 o'clock kick off on new years day. I couldn't care less what his history is , all i know is that he criticises our current away fan base constantly while sitting at home . That's just being a hypocrite , regardless of his current situation or what he did years ago.
  • Options

when the boys are older and as long as the brainwashing is successful the away numbers will be swelled

Brainwashing works, lots of young kids there yesterday

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    solly to those easily offended but it did look sparsely populated at the front for jackos goal imo , look at the build up , ok i didn't say 'the front' in my earlier post
    i did say 'noise sounded decent' and 'quality not quantity' and i'm sure Red Division are partially responsible for this and fairplay
    tongue in cheek/ taking the pee /snidey whatever you wanna call it i wouldn't take it to heart as WSS says i play up to the away bollox
  • Options
    I watched the goals this morning on SSN and in oohaah's defence it did look sparsely populated when JJ slid in to celebrate. If the camera had panned right a bit more and maybe gone up a tad it would have showed a more populated away section.
  • Options
    I've watched it and it does look a bit crap, which is annoying as it was fairly packed in our end and just right of shot was all the youngsters.

1520 to Watford for a 1pm ko on NYD is good. We we're in good voice too.
  • Options
    NYD or Tuesday night or whenever really, a London(ish) game which didn't have a particularly big allocation should have sold out.
    Had we filled the initial allocation we'd have had the whole of the away stand which west ham had last year too.

1.5k is a bit shite, but not surprising. Palace will end up being the only away game we actually sell out this season, maybe Brighton aswell.
  • Options
    Wtf does it matter how many we take away so long as they get behind the team. We can do without those who weren't even there knocking our support and then claiming that they're qualified to do so because they attended a lot of away games when they were younger.
    We have some miserable f***ers who follow us.
  • Options

Had we filled the initial allocation we'd have had the whole of the away stand which west ham had last year too.

Maybe I read this wrong, but to be fair you can't compare us to West Ham last season on many levels, IMHO of course.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    The 1st 5 or so rows were sparse, but the other 30 odd rows were pretty full up. I got in 10 mins before KO & sat about 3 rows from the front, as I couldn't see any spare seats further back (although presumably there were).
  • Options

NYD or Tuesday night or whenever really, a London(ish) game which didn't have a particularly big allocation should have sold out.

1.5k is a bit shite, but not surprising. Palace will end up being the only away game we actually sell out this season, maybe Brighton aswell.

We sold out for small wall
  • Options
    We didn't sell out Millwall mate. I think that there is definitely an issue with our away support when compared with our home support number-wise. I think it is probably to do with the middle class nature of the fans that not only prevents any atmosphere being generated at home, but also restricts the number of committed away fans
  • Options

We didn't sell out Millwall mate. I think that there is definitely an issue with our away support when compared with our home support number-wise. I think it is probably to do with the middle class nature of the fans that not only prevents any atmosphere being generated at home, but also restricts the number of committed away fans

I don't understand your argument - what's class got to do with anything?