Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Great great result. Fair play to everyone that travelled up there. Got your reward. Creeping
    up that table. Bring on the wendies.
  • Options
    Brilliant result! We certainly have a great group of players here who are willing to really work hard for one another.

Once again, a great result away from home. CP seems to have found a team and way of playing that we're difficult to break down and capable of creating chances to score, as he have been the last few games.

Can't wait to see Stephens' wonder goal tonight. Well done lads, CP for getting it right again and all the travelling fans today. Great effort.

Thanks for the updates too, always very good and appreciated.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Didn't expect that all I can say is well done boys, fantastic win. COYR
  • Options
    Nice thing is, lots of draws in the division today, so now we're top half :-)
  • Options
    So pleased for Matt Taylor.Felt he was treated a bit harshly last year and Have always thought he is one of the best defenders we have at the club.
  • Options
    Great stuff, really have got to grips with this level I think.
  • Options
    We really are a decent outfit on the road.
    Well done, Powelly and the lads - workrate, balance and belief.

Golfie is going to be so disappointed we're not in a relegation scrap!

Just teasing, Golfie ;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    We aren't the best team, but we have real effort and enough quality to trouble sides which is important. It is a fantastic recipe in the competitive division -where if you frustrate your opponents, you often get rewards. It's harder at home but if we can be patient as fans and not expect fireworks and just let the team grind opponents down - well we could have a great few months to come.

Midfield is starting to look a strength rather than the weakness some suggested it was earlier in the season.
  • Options
    Brilliant result - been doing the local Panto - oh no I haven't :-) No signal till now!

Last years spirit shining through again

Siss
  • Options
    Only 2 behind millwall and just 9 behind palace now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see both Nigels and Spanners losing their way !! What a great start to 2013, long may it continue COYR'S !
  • Options

Only 2 behind millwall and just 9 behind palace now

Overtaking the spanners very soon
  • Options
    Up to twelfth: We're a top half team!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well done, the faithful 400.

And AddickUpNorth under his duvet!

;o)
  • Options
    A word for Taylor - shows we are well sorted for centre backs. Wiggins on the bench, Evina playing well enough to keep him there. All good.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Happy as Larry here at home - a big well done to both the players & the hardy 411 souls who made the trip north.

I'd love to be optimistic but I think the play-offs are just a step too far - top 6 all look like they have good squads and can score goals, but I'm certain we'll stay up this season, which must have been our No1 priority in August.

Also, below us are the other 2 teams that came up with us and the 3 teams relegated from the Premiership so you can't really ask for more than that. I'll take a mid table finish now thank you very much.

PS - I posted before reading some of the other posts - esp Oggy's, so have gone back to edit this PS bit in
  • Options
    I have always felt it's our home form that is key. Away from home we must be in the top three! We shouldn't give up on the play offs - Sir Chris has worked out the best way for us to set up.
  • Options
    How many points are we from certain safety ?
  • Options
    Imagining those 411 behind the goal as Yann rises like a salmon to nod in right in front of them. Wish I was there - hope he milked it in front of them. Goals express at 7 on SSN now mandatory viewing.
  • Options
    I totally agree with the comments about the Midfield, lots thought it was our weak link and suddenly those young lads have learnt how to play at the higher level. Thats been the key change
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably 6 to 10
  • Options
    Great result, we are distinctly average 12th with 0 goal difference. Now we can look up 7 off the play-offs and 13 off relegation.
  • Options
    Another few wins and we should be safe, i'll take that this season.

Consolidation, and some good results against palace and millwall.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Highest ever points total to be relegated is I think 52. Likely to be more like 45 this season but 14 more points should see us comfortable.
  • Options

50 is the benchmark but Millwall went down with 52 or 53 once. I'd say 55 is 100% safe so 16 points or, to put it another way, 5 wins and a draw.

• Options
    3rd best away record in the division
  • Options
    We're not in a relegation battle stop worrying

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Cheers Red and Seth, good luck with the move Red.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that was it not for the poor results in December we could be really challenging for the play-off spots now. But I am on record saying I would be happy to avoid relegation at the end of this season and I think this squad can do it. Again we showed a real spirit to win today and I can see us continuing in this vein for some time to come. COYR!!!!!
  • Options

55 would see us safe...4 wins and 4 draws would see us safe....and with 16 games remaining we should manage that.