Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't one of the hardy souls who made the trip and all respect to those who did. What a great result! I am going to try and not over analyse things again this season it is very true what others posters have said we don't have the best players in the league but we do have amongst the best work rate and now it seems organisation. Full credit to Chris Powell and to the players there is nothing wrong with being hard to beat we can't all be Barcelona and right now I am happy to watch us keep the other team shut out and win by the odd goal. Brilliant!
  • Options

I wasn't one of the hardy souls who made the trip and all respect to those who did. What a great result! I am going to try and not over analyse things again this season it is very true what others posters have said we don't have the best players in the league but we do have amongst the best work rate and now it seems organisation. Full credit to Chris Powell and to the players there is nothing wrong with being hard to beat we can't all be Barcelona and right now I am happy to watch us keep the other team shut out and win by the odd goal. Brilliant!

The thing is Dave, we may not be Barcelona, but they are one of the hardest working teams I have ever seen. Watch them close down the ball when they don't have it (I know that's not usually often). They "hunt" in packs, harrass the opposition and never give them a moment's peace. That's the work ethic I think we had last year and I think the 5 man midfield is getting us back to that again in recent weeks (and some of the earlier away games). Really love the way this team work and battle for each other.
  • Options
    Tel you are of course 100% correct I am like a lot of people that forget the work ethic of Barcelona and that is why I rate Messi higher than Ronaldo when it' required he puts a proper shift in. If we are copying that I am a happy camper you can't beat a bit of team spirit to get things going.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The thing is Dave, we may not be Barcelona, but they are one of the hardest working teams I have ever seen. Watch them close down the ball when they don't have it (I know that's not usually often). They "hunt" in packs, harrass the opposition and never give them a moment's peace. That's the work ethic I think we had last year and I think the 5 man midfield is getting us back to that again in recent weeks (and some of the earlier away games). Really love the way this team work and battle for each other.
    Precisely.
  • Options
    Definitely saw ONE whole snowball, think there may have been two.
  • Options
    Was a good shot tbh

Thing is if the venkys pull out or stop funding Blackburn could end up in div 3
  • Options
    no coincidence the Venkys chose this game, they have been disappointed with their investment and are in talks to buy Charlton and install Steve Kean as manager by the end of the week
  • Options
    Salad said:

no coincidence the Venkys chose this game, they have been disappointed with their investment and are in talks to buy Charlton and install Steve Kean as manager by the end of the week

shouldn't this be on rumours ?

;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    stonemuse said:

Salad said:

shouldn't this be on rumours ?

;-)
    If not it should be on it's own "slit your wrists or throw yourself off a cliff" thread...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Post match thoughts? GEETTT INNN!!!
  • Options
    I think I enjoyed watching the 2003/4 team with Parker, Jensen, Di Canio etc... most of all but this team does give its all and that is all a fan can ask. And I agree, I think that providing Chrissy gets backed- he can make it even better.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wright, Curtis, Kinsey, Campbell, Went, Reeves, Gregory, Tees, Treacy, Moore, Peacock.

Didn't miss a beat typing that team, right off the top of my head.
    Then Lennie's team, won promotion and clung on to the top tier for 4 years, against all the odds.

Next best, the 1998 playoff team, and respect to 1999/2000 Champions and 2003/4.
    And this current team too - they're right up there with the greats. Why? Big heart!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Wright, Curtis, Kinsey, Campbell, Went, Reeves, Gregory, Tees, Treacy, Moore, Peacock.

Now, what a team that was. 'Arry..., 'Arry Gregory..., 'Arry Gregory on the wing.

• Options
    Rob said:

Oggy Red said:

Now, what a team that was. 'Arry..., 'Arry Gregory..., 'Arry Gregory on the wing.

My all time favourite Charlton team,some fantastic players and characters.

• Options
    Harry Gregory now works as a host at Charlton.
  • Options
    Oggy this is my all time favourite CAFC team they were robbed in 1968 when they finished third we would have gone up if a stonewall penalty at the Old Den had been given, which it wasn't but that team were great. Not saying the best I have seen at The Valley but definitely my favourite
  • Options
    just reading through .dont think anyone mentioned the ref . thought he was half decent considering some of the jokers we have had this season. kept the game flowing when he could .makes a big difference to the game and dont think there was any bookings .
  • Options
    Best we've had this season
  • Options
    WSS said:

Anyone tell me what happened to this gif?