Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    He was solid enough, but he did hack a clearance for a corner in the last minute
  • Options
    we were singing daleeeeeee daleeeeee he's scores goals from 35 yards to the day-o tune. Then what do you know he bangs one in, not from 35 yards but all the same. Good work the lads who started it off if they are on here
  • Options

Onwards and upwards. COYR's.
    It seems a pity with hindsight that CP? kept looking for loan signings to improve the team when it seems the better choices were in front of him.
    Hopefully that means we will have fresher players for the run in.

Did Dervitte make another big mistake when he came on which might have cost us?

Evina and Kermorgant were both out injured for some time, which explains two of the loans.
  • Options

It seems a pity with hindsight that CP? kept looking for loan signings to improve the team when it seems the better choices were in front of him.

Evina and Kermorgant were both out injured for some time, which explains two of the loans.
    Hulse was quite good tbf
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Hulse was quite good tbf
    Agree.
  • Options

CP made a point by coming all the way over at the and threw his hat in to the fans.

Blooming typical , and i chose to stay at home and do the hoovering :-0

Still the house does look a bit cleaner!

• Options
    Great result. Pleased for all those that made the long trip. Well pleased.
  • Options
    Dale great energy today, WIlson impressive again. Waggy game, Solly safe as. Cold. Hamer sort the kicking out for next time. Good Northern exile turn out.
  • Options
    Question to those who were there:

Did the Venky's owners show up and what reception did they get? Any protests or anything?
  • Options
    they did and not a good one. They left in the second half well before the end and got waved away with a cheerio cheerio cheerio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did the Venky's owners show up and what reception did they get? Any protests or anything?

Just seen it on the FLS - they turned up in a motor that was worth as much as a whole street in Blackburn whilst some badly dressed fat northern blokes with drool running down their chins were shouting at them that "you don't know what you're doing".

Welcome to Blackburn.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Just seen it on the FLS - they turned up in a motor that was worth as much as a whole street in Blackburn whilst some badly dressed fat northern blokes with drool running down their chins were shouting at them that "you don't know what you're doing".

Welcome to Blackburn.
    That was strange, followed by a fan saying everyone needs to get behind the club.
  • Options
    Didnt realise that we now have the same points total as we got the last time we were in the championship

Well done SCP
  • Options
    Just back from the match. For me Northwestaddick has summed it up perfectly. I think the key factors over the last few games are firstly that Evina has really settled into the left back slot - looking very comfortable and he seems to know just what is expected of him, which wasn't the case when he first came into the side; secondly, JJ has now nailed one of the centre mid spots - his work rate and stamina have improved and his lack of pace isn't so crucial as it was out on the left; and finally Yann has rediscovered his form of last season, putting in tireless performances on his own up front and outjumping centre halfs as only he can. Additionally, Stephens looks like he really means business lately (perhaps we know why) and we look a thoroughly professional outfit playing 4-5-1. It's not always pretty but it suits us, we know how to do it and it's working.

I agree that Matt Taylor put in another strong performance today but his lack of pace is unfortunately going to prevent him from making the grade at this level. There was one occasion in the first half when it looked like he was running through treacle. Waggy is tireless and gives everything (including moaning at the officials) but I just don't think that he has what it takes to make us a better team. I would suggest that perhaps Harriott rather than Wagstaff is the future.

By the way, it wasn't that cold up north. Hardly any snow at all in Preston and not that much in Blackburn. Nevertheless, my train was delayed by an hour on the way up and we only just got to the game in time.
  • Options
    Powell one of the longest serving managers in the championship!
    Blimey!
  • Options
    Posting a bit late again but full of the joys of spring after our long trip to the frozen north.

For those who've thanked us for travelling today, it was definitely OUR pleasure . A clear run saw us in the pub by 1pm - the only warning signs on the M1 stating "animals on the road" was clearly an error as Millwall were at home today.

Seemed the further north we travelled, the less snow there was & even green fields were in evidence. In fact, I now love the North West SO much, Tenerife may have to take a back seat...

Others have said it all - we carried on where we had left off at the final whistle last Saturday. What a great starting eleven we now have ! A fantastic work rate, great energy, commitment to playing football ( as opposed to hoofball) wherever possible and a real TEAM with no "i". Honest, no frills players in the mirror image of their very special manager. What more could we ask ?

Impossible to pick a MOM for me....as has been rightly pointed out already , Matt Taylor deserves a huge amount of credit for the way he's slotted back into the team ; Yann worked really hard and looks more like his Div 1 self & was deservedly rewarded by scoring a crucial goal ; Solly, Pritch, JJ, Wilson, Evina & Morro currently " do what it says on the tin" and I take issue with those who criticise Stephens for giving the ball away ...maybe a fairish comment but I realised this afternoon that he busts a gut to win it back after making a mistake. I would certainly be very disappointed if he leaves in the window.

A long day for those of us fortunate to make the trip but the reward reaped made it so worthwhile. I realise how lucky I am to be able to travel to these games & hope I may continue to do so for some considerable time. But, however meagre in number we may be, the team is left in no doubt as to the depth & passion of our support. It is our privilege to represent the thousands anxiously listening at home.

Onwards & upwards !
  • Options
    Mike said:

they did and not a good one. They left in the second half well before the end and got waved away with a cheerio cheerio cheerio.

Well worth the 4-5k mile trip then!
  • Options

Posting a bit late again but full of the joys of spring after our long trip to the frozen north.

For those who've thanked us for travelling today, it was definitely OUR pleasure . A clear run saw us in the pub by 1pm - the only warning signs on the M1 stating "animals on the road" was clearly an error as Millwall were at home today.

Seemed the further north we travelled, the less snow there was & even green fields were in evidence. In fact, I now love the North West SO much, Tenerife may have to take a back seat...

Others have said it all - we carried on where we had left off at the final whistle last Saturday. What a great starting eleven we now have ! A fantastic work rate, great energy, commitment to playing football ( as opposed to hoofball) wherever possible and a real TEAM with no "i". Honest, no frills players in the mirror image of their very special manager. What more could we ask ?

Impossible to pick a MOM for me....as has been rightly pointed out already , Matt Taylor deserves a huge amount of credit for the way he's slotted back into the team ; Yann worked really hard and looks more like his Div 1 self & was deservedly rewarded by scoring a crucial goal ; Solly, Pritch, JJ, Wilson, Evina & Morro currently " do what it says on the tin" and I take issue with those who criticise Stephens for giving the ball away ...maybe a fairish comment but I realised this afternoon that he busts a gut to win it back after making a mistake. I would certainly be very disappointed if he leaves in the window.

A long day for those of us fortunate to make the trip but the reward reaped made it so worthwhile. I realise how lucky I am to be able to travel to these games & hope I may continue to do so for some considerable time. But, however meagre in number we may be, the team is left in no doubt as to the depth & passion of our support. It is our privilege to represent the thousands anxiously listening at home.

Onwards & upwards !

Love it!

• Options
    I cant begin to tell you all how much I'm missing my Charlton right now. After having the pleasure of going Home and away for a fair chunk of of this season last year, I'm a little lost come saturday's here!

What A result. Was unsure If we'd get anything from this, but I was at the home game, and we should of won that one.

Great reports from those who were there. I have a lovely Blackburn lass mate up there, and I would of been there with bells on If I was back In blighty.

I Love my club!
  • Options
    Looking back, I'm glad CP picked the team he did against Huddersfield in the Cup. It showed that some of the squad players are not good enough and are not getting a look-in now, with the likes of Cook and Kerkar not even on the bench.

And as a direct result CP has stumbled upon the current team, and though I am not in a position to watch them, from what I have read it seems to have the right balance and work ethic.

CP masterplan or what??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it seems that way doesn't it Bangkok. And its our L1 11, bar Wilson that are doing the job.
  • Options

Looking back, I'm glad CP picked the team he did against Huddersfield in the Cup. It showed that some of the squad players are not good enough and are not getting a look-in now, with the likes of Cook and Kerkar not even on the bench.

And as a direct result CP has stumbled upon the current team, and though I am not in a position to watch them, from what I have read it seems to have the right balance and work ethic.

CP masterplan or what??

I think realising that 4-5-1 is pretty much always the way to go, even at home is the real discovery Powell's made. I do worry that we aren't making the most of Fuller, but we can't just switch to 4-4-2 for the sake of accomodating one player at the likely expense of points
  • Options
    Well done that team, well done SCP
    Square pegs in round holes are ok when we're winning ,Waggy for example
    All your substitutes are working now we're winning
    4-5-1 isn't too negative now we're winning

Patience is the key here and SCP has it , not like most of us flappy fans .
    Today was a monumental result against a team that "should"
    imo be better than us but due to the great work ethic , instilled into us by a man who oozes sheer class , we find ourselves beating better teams than us
    SCP's man management of the ones who don't play for some time and then come in and give their complete and utter all for the cause is a credit to him and the individuals concerned

For me
    First aim of the season safety and that has been completed imo we have enough in us to make the finishing line where that is concerned
    Second aim ,finish above the scum, only 2 points in it so more than possible
    Third aim, finish above palace, 9 points may be too much of an ask but if the first two aims are met then I'm more than overjoyed
    Fourth aim , play offs , if we reach there then SCP should get a contract for life (he should have one of them anyway)
    Promotion , we can dream the impossible dream

Well done the 411 who made it to Blackburn you got your rewards x 3 !

Top two 0% ...... 3rd-6th 5% .... 7th-12th 45% ......13th-21st 50%
  • Options
    What is promising over the last couple of games, is that we really are limiting the number of chances the opposition has. The key is that we have chances of our own and we get good at taking them. There are signs that this is happening.
  • Options
    Great result and great "TEAM" performance. Respect for the 411 who made the trip. Fair amount of comments here about our work rate. To me , this has always been what the good Charlton sides have revolved around. We haven't had that many great players but a team that would run their socks off for each other. This was sadly lacking and glaringly obvious from Curbs departure to the start of last season. Good teams always play to their strengths and our is to play with a passion for the club.
  • Options
    great touch from powell coming over to the fans at the end. think it means a lot to him and the players to have the travelling support there.great commitment from the players today and did not panick when blackburn scored. now looking like a team who feel they can get a result against anyone in this division. bit of confidence works wonders.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    Well that didn't work
  • Options
  • Options
    TEAM, Together Everyone Achieves More, was a motto of an American firm and SCP has instilled this in our team... Very proud to see 90% of the current team is identical to the one that stormed to the title last season.