Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

As much as I got Wilson wrong I'm happy to say I called the back to basics right.

Too late to try and save face now Gary - your card's been marked.
    50% mate...not a bad effort!
  • Options
    Sat in the home end, perfect view of Dale's strike - dipped into the top left. Great goal. Blackburn fans were impressed by him. Solly was outstanding, Wilson put in a lot of effort. Yann was quiet but unstoppable in the air. Great moment between CP & our lot at the end. That man got his tactics bang on today, such great shape to the team, our positioning is excellent.
  • Options
    On the coach home. Great display from all in red.

We saw the best and worst of Stephens today, the best obviously his cracking goal but still too many missed placed passes and an appalling slice wide in the 2nd half.

It's pleasing to see Evina and Waggy gaining a good understanding on the left, long may it continue.

There was some great interplay between Jacko and Pritch before the latters cross was superbly headed home by Yann- and yes he did milk it in front of the trravelling fans.

At the back Morrow and Taylor were solid and Solly and Wilson looked good on the right wing.

CP made a point by coming all the way over at the and threw his hat in to the fans.

As for Blackburn they looked neat and tidy at times but with no real cutting edge. Murphy was booed everytime he touched the ball and the Blackburn fans only chant was a continuous 'Venkys Out!'

So all in all a great day out in the frozen north.
  • Options
    just seen the goals on Sky..........cracking volley from Stephens and a lovely header from Yann

onwards & upwards !!
  • Options
    Looking at the updated table - just noticed Burnley, on the back of nobbling the Spanners, have sneaked into 7th place.

It's only a few weeks since they were below us in the table.
  • Options
    Superb goal by Stephens
  • Options
    Well played to you Tommy - safe journey home.
  • Options
    Couldn't pick a bad player tbh, missed their goal was having a beer but chuffed with that
  • Options
    Stephens now playing with a higher tempo - Pritchard - the Tazmanian Devil x 2 - this allows the team to accomodate JJ who is a quality player. Was always the cunumdrum for me how to fit him in. That for me is a pretty effective three.

Then Solly and Wilson are the best right sided combo in this division - I have no doubt of that. Quite excited looking forwards of the potential of Evina (who has made great strides of late) and Wiggins.

We are not and are not going to be the prettiest team, but we are going to be increasingly effective.
  • Options
    Well said, Anna.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result on a roll now , anything is possible
  • Options
    Did you go nolly?
  • Options
    With ronnie
  • Options
    Never seen in the same room ........
  • Options
    True
  • Options
    Great result, just seen the goals on SSN, cracking volley from Dale.

Roll on next week!, fingers crossed the away form continues all the way to Shitehurst
  • Options
    Win next week and we'll go above Millwall and head to Selhurst only 6 points behind Palace.

• Options
    Greetings from sunny and hot Grenada, my frozen addick buddies.

2.30 here and just logged on to see this fabulous result - made a lovely day even brighter.

COYAs!!!!!
  • Options

I said after last last week's victory how balanced the team looked. I'm very pleased, but not surprised that it has achieved another notable win. Those who have read my postings will know that I am neither a speculator nor a doom merchant. I have, however, trumpeted my faith in Chris Powell, his managerial team, and his players. I have also said that the club hit bottom long ago, and has been on the up ever since. I don't know what is going on as regards the ownership of the club, but what is clear is that we have a damn good bloke in charge of the team and some damn good blokes playing football both for him, for themselves, and for us. I have every confidence that we can learn more, gain more, and move on up.
    So, keep the faith, and take heart in the fact that Charlton Athletic FC has resilience and spirit in large measure, and is on an upward trajectory.
    Yippee i aaaaaay. Yippee i ohhhh.

Testify!
  • Options
    We do seem to have found our perfect formation, especially for away games. We definitely need midfield cover though, as there's nobody in the squad to cover for the midfield three - Dervite, Kerkar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All credit must go to Chrissy Powell. Time and again he recognises problem areas and works it out. It may take time but he gets there. We have uncovered a gem there in my opinion. Long may it continue. I think playing 5 across the middle has really helped JJ and Stevo to flourish. Also, getting rid of the loanees (especially Frimpong) was key. Having said that I think Hulse would be an asset if we could get him back.
  • Options
    I don't think you can cover Pritchard - he is pretty unique in terms of how he is everywhere. I've said before- but what makes him so effective is what he does when he hasn't got the ball as much as what he does with it. Must be a nightmare playing against him.
  • Options

he is pretty unique in terms of how he is everywhere. but what makes him so effective is what he does when he hasn't got the ball

Just like Mr Wagstaff
  • Options
    I wouldn't compare the two. Waggy puts in a shift though. I think we would miss Pritchard more than Waggy, but I'm pleased for Wagstaff, that he has taken his chance.
  • Options
    What a cracking win !!

Two excellent goals, look forward to hearing from those loyal / crazy people who braved the weather for a very long trip. Take a bow, boys and girls.
  • Options
    Mark Taylor was his name
  • Options
    Having Read the Blackburn Forum roverstalk I picked up on an interesting comment

" Not a great start especially with other teams fighting for promotion.
    Watford win
    Charlton win
    Leeds win
    Burnley win
    Brighton win "

Seems like other teams are starting to see us as a Threat which is great news :) .
  • Options
    just seen Stephens goal on sky, what a cracker!
  • Options
    @MutleyCAFC
    Wasn't trying to compare but thought those two points summed up a lot to do with what makes Wagstaff effective. Pritchard offers more with the ball so agree we'd miss him more.