Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn vs. Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    barstool said:

I totally agree with the comments about the Midfield, lots thought it was our weak link and suddenly those young lads have learnt how to play at the higher level. Thats been the key change

Agree and having 5 helps alot.
  • Options
    Third best away record, 5th worst home one.

If only...
  • Options
    Good 3 points. Good start to 2013 continued. On to Sheff Wed next week.
  • Options
    Three points away from 7th place.

A win next Saturday will see us leapfrog Millwall, they're in the FA Cup next weekend.
  • Options
    Work rate, work rate, work rate. It'll take you a long way in this division and we have it by the truck load.

Still not looking beyond mid-table, but it'll be comfortable and I'm very happy with that.

I miss home badly on days like this, wish I'd been there.
  • Options
    Well done to the team and management, looks like our aspirations can be mid table top half. Well done to Taylor who I did not believe could hack it at this level.
  • Options

barstool said:

I totally agree with the comments about the Midfield, lots thought it was our weak link and suddenly those young lads have learnt how to play at the higher level. Thats been the key change

It's the blend too. Few teams at this level can offer the sheer energy and fitness of Pritch, Waggy and Wilson.
  • Options
    On way to Preston. Proud of the lads well worth the trip
  • Options
    Ha ha - people are still worrying about relegation. Seriously lads, you need to chill out a bit more.
    ;o)
    I'll give it two weeks before people are on here moaning about how we haven't "pushed on" to the play offs yet.

I guess that's just the way it is.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see how many clubs have a better home record than away. Seems the pattern in this league that teams play better away from home.

I think we can look at, and debate the reasons why we have won three out of three. The main reason for me would be the form and impact of Stephens. Seems to be imposing himself much more on games now and his goal today sounds excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result and sounded a good team performance. The building work continues steadily and sensibly.
    It's also nice that the comments thread will have certain posters missing as seems to be the case after a decent result.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options

How many points are we from certain safety ?

55 would see us safe...4 wins and 4 draws would see us safe....and with 16 games remaining we should manage that.
    Only Leicester have gone down with more than 47 in recent years, I think, although going back a bit further it has needed 52/53. Realistically 50 will probably do, but it's academic.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Ha ha - people are still worrying about relegation. Seriously lads, you need to chill out a bit more.
    ;o)
    I'll give it two weeks before people are on here moaning about how we haven't "pushed on" to the play offs yet.

As Curbs would say get to 40 points and push on from there and see where it takes us, in this league get to 55 and then push on from there, agree though we shouldn't be thinking/worrying about relegation after the start we have had to 2013.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

;o)

I suspect that was directed at me and to be fair I'm not worried about it but I like to get to the safety point every season and then see what else can be achieved. This season can still swing either way to be honest.

• Options

How many points are we from certain safety ?

55 would see us safe...4 wins and 4 draws would see us safe....and with 16 games remaining we should manage that.
    ... but it's academic.
    Exactly
  • Options
    Been saying all season energy in the midfield is key in this league. Well done lads - Dale playing for his move, once more against Wendies please.

9,346 at the toolbox.
  • Options

Off_it said:

;o)

I suspect that was directed at me and to be fair I'm not worried about it but I like to get to the safety point every season and then see what else can be achieved. This season can still swing either way to be honest.

Wasn't directed at anyone in particular SHG - wasn;t having a dig.

Just having a little chuckle to myself that we've just wont three on the bounce and there were five or six posts in quick succession on the post-match thread debating how many points we needed to stay up. I kinda get it, but it still made me laugh.

If we were Wednesday fans - which thankfully we're not - they would be talking about the next stop being the Champions League!
    ;o)
  • Options
    great result especially when rhodes cost more than our hole squad well done to those who went up there
  • Options
    Loving this result, gonna celebrate with a favourite student treat: fry up! I would love to see the faces of those Blackburn fans six years ago who were giving us grief after the defeat there pretty much doomed us to relegation.
  • Options
    Great result, 3 wins for safety, 7 points from the playoffs but I'm not getting my hopes up. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

If we were Wednesday fans - which thankfully we're not - they would be talking about the next stop being the Champions League!

Amen to that, I for one am much more comfortable when we're being positive but realistic.

Feels good to be a Charlton fan right now.

• Options
    Gotta love this Charlton team. Superb 3 points today. Well done lads!
  • Options
    The 99% who stuck with CP through the Yuletide sticky patch are feeling very good, the orher 1% not so much.....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

barstool said:

It's the blend too. Few teams at this level can offer the sheer energy and fitness of Pritch, Waggy and Wilson.
    And that energy in midfield was noticeably lacking in our 4-4-2 earlier in the season;
    not that players weren't putting in a shift, but we were distinctly one paced and lacked movement off the ball.

Setting up 4-5-1 not only makes a tighter team unit, but makes us harder to break down.

Makes you wonder why Blackburn play 4-4-2 with Murphy in midfield?
    For Charlton, we got the best out of Murphy in a central midfield 3.
  • Options
    Danny Murphy is a few years older now though - virtually in the veteran stage of his career.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

barstool said:

And that energy in midfield was noticeably lacking in our 4-4-2 earlier in the season;
    not that players weren't putting in a shift, but we were distinctly one paced and lacked movement off the ball.

Setting up 4-5-1 not only makes a tighter team unit, but makes us harder to break down.

Makes you wonder why Blackburn play 4-4-2 with Murphy in midfield?
    For Charlton, we got the best out of Murphy in a central midfield 3.
    All very good points, maybe other teams will be noticing our good form and will try and match up with us by playing 451.
  • Options

Danny Murphy is a few years older now though - virtually in the veteran stage of his career.

Even more reason to play him in a midfield 5. He didn't exactly cover every blade of grass putting tackles in in his "prime" did he - though appreciate that isn't his game - but sod doing his running for him now in a 4, now that he's slowing down!
  • Options
    As much as I got Wilson wrong I'm happy to say I called the back to basics right.

It's amazing what you can achieve in football with hard work and the simple stuff.

Great win. Well done charlton. Well done CP. well done the fans that went all that way in this weather.

#luckypenny
  • Options

As much as I got Wilson wrong I'm happy to say I called the back to basics right.

Too late to try and save face now Gary - your card's been marked.
  • Options
    Another brilliant away win. We are now very close to putting any relegation fears to bed and although the play-offs looks a longshot, who knows.