Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall fans racially abusing their OWN player

Comments

• Options

If i was SLL i would be proper pissed off and starting to wonder why i bother with surrounding myself with that many bell-ends on a saturday afternoon.

Charlton fans do my head in sometimes but at least nearly everyone is a decent person. They really are just scum in the main.

He's probably used to it and does stand by the away fans.
  • Options
    Floebot said:

What channel is this on? What time?

SSN 19.30.
  • Options
    Millwall do have some decent fans but they let themselves down by either defending people like that or trying to claim it is passion/banter/support.

The better Millwall fans really do need to do more with their club to get rid of that type if they ever want to be seen in a good way as a club.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Millwall do have some decent fans but they let themselves down by either defending people like that or trying to claim it is passion/banter/support.

The better Millwall fans really do need to do more with their club to get rid of that type if they ever want to be seen in a good way as a club.

When you're swimming up a sewer, it impossible to throw out the terds.
  • Options
    Scummiest of the scum.
  • Options
    Strange they have quite a few black fans as well .
  • Options
    nolly said:

Strange they have quite a few black fans as well .

Footage of the 'battle of Luton' bears testament to that. Loads of black guys looking to 'ave it.
  • Options
    I think we should all hold our horses for a second, if there were reporters in our end who is to say it wasn't one of ours.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

I think we should all hold our horses for a second, if there were reporters in our end who is to say it wasn't one of ours.

Thought had crossed my mind, but then realised if some one was racially abusing a player so openly in our end some one would have either reported it, or at least mentioned it on a forum/social media site IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Vinnie V. said:

Thought had crossed my mind, but then realised if some one was racially abusing a player so openly in our end some one would have either reported it, or at least mentioned it on a forum/social media site IMO
    Exactly. The few times its been one of ours someone has said/done something about it. You only have to look on here for the threads about the Lisbie song and the police arrests to see that the vast majority of our fans are against racism in a way that our nearest neighbours are not.
  • Options

Always the victims:

"I don't know why your surprised? Sky have had an agenda for us for a while and this is just another way to drag us through the mud again"

Millpool
  • Options
    EastStand said:

J BLOCK said:

Vinnie V. said:

Exactly. The few times its been one of ours someone has said/done something about it. You only have to look on here for the threads about the Lisbie song and the police arrests to see that the vast majority of our fans are against racism in a way that our nearest neighbours are not.
    Perhaps, just perhaps, this forum doesn't reflect our entire fan base or maybe those with racist intent don't post it here ?
  • Options
    On at the moment, despicable.
  • Options
    Nice of them to wave good bye to the Leeds coaches.
  • Options
    Can someone do a quick summary once it's over? Obviously no need to quote certain words.

Cheers.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

EastStand said:

J BLOCK said:

Vinnie V. said:

Perhaps, just perhaps, this forum doesn't reflect our entire fan base or maybe those with racist intent don't post it here ?
    Unfortunately, I think you could have a point there. .
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Matches in question:

Millwall vs Leeds: racist abuse mostly directed at El Hadji Diouf. 5 different fans, a total of 56 times.

Millwall vs Charlton: nothing racist but Millwall fans caught throwing coins. Stuff about Haynes and Frimpong tweeting about racist abuse but not making a formal complaint.

Millwall vs Leicester: no racist abuse noted in Block 28.

Burnley vs Blackburn: one Burnley fan racially abused Colin Kazim-Richards once in the first half.

Now talking about Marvin Sordell, more after ads.
  • Options
    They've been to loads of matches, no words at any game apart from a single incident at Burnley V Blackburn and loads when they went to millwall.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

EastStand said:

J BLOCK said:

Vinnie V. said:

Not entire no, I realise that.
    But I'm not talking just the Internet, matches home and away. I don't know about you but I've heard/seen very little racist behaviour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've kept going back to Millwall, and in the end found 5 different people making racist comments.
    Its pretty vile stuff, but its 5 people out of tens of thousands.

SSN really crucified them in that first 15 minutes
  • Options
    The thing is it is so obvious at Millwall, but nobody does anything. Our game when the subs got it aimed at them was just another instance where it was swept under the carpet.

I wouldn't mind so much but the block in question is very close to the directors box, so no excuse, the directors must hear it all the time, joke club run by joke people.
  • Options
    Not watching it as in pub awaiting takeout after training but.....some years ago, not many, perhaps 6 (?) the team I played for down in whitest Surrey had a lad join us. The team had a few ex professsionals in it - one brillaint player ex Fulham (black for what it will matter later) one ex chelsea, one ex Cardiff / Palace and plenty of 30s + who never quite made it. The type of gang that Jodi Morris might know - and indeed he used to come out with us.

How I ever got a game at left back is a question, but anyway the new lad immediately picked up the nickname "Black Andy". Thing is we didn't have any other Andy's in the team. This was pointed out in the dressing room after one game (which he didn't play in) and despite a few comments and a minor debate it was deemed ok.

An odd but true story - not sure what it adds to the debate.

• Options
    Stewards, Police and officials at The Den are not interested in getting racism under control because they know the grief they will get from the right wing element of which there are many. Can you really see a couple of stewards nipping into the crowd and trying to pull out a racist abuser. No. Nor can I. This programme might just force Millwall to address the problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    EastStand said:

PL54 said:

EastStand said:

J BLOCK said:

Vinnie V. said:

Not entire no, I realise that.
    But I'm not talking just the Internet, matches home and away. I don't know about you but I've heard/seen very little racist behaviour.

The beer selling girls behind the perspex at the "scene of our most recent riot" (!) were getting racist verbals from one bloke as I was Qing for a beer. He'd been served but was standing there shouting at them about "stuff"
  • Options
    Yeah, and pigs might fly Shooters.
  • Options
    Nice to see it aint just our lot that are so stupid they think King is a rapist.

• Options
    PL54 said:

Not watching it as in pub awaiting takeout after training but.....some years ago, not many, perhaps 6 (?) the team I played for down in whitest Surrey had a lad join us. The team had a few ex professsionals in it - one brillaint player ex Fulham (black for what it will matter later) one ex chelsea, one ex Cardiff / Palace and plenty of 30s + who never quite made it. The type of gang that Jodi Morris might know - and indeed he used to come out with us.

How I ever got a game at left back is a question, but anyway the new lad immediately picked up the nickname "Black Andy". Thing is we didn't have any other Andy's in the team. This was pointed out in the dressing room after one game (which he didn't play in) and despite a few comments and a minor debate it was deemed ok.

An odd but true story - not sure what it adds to the debate.

PL, interested to what you thought of Morris. Met him in a pub in Chelsea when I worked in the area back then and he came across as an absolute numpty of the highest order.
  • Options
    The cameramen got pretty clear shots of the abusers and a person from Millwall in the report said anyone identified will be banned for life.