Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall fans racially abusing their OWN player

Comments

• Options

Why does them having black fans who can be thugs like some other Millwall fans, have anything to do with the racism?

Feels very close to that old excuse of, im not a racist as i have a black friend. ;-)

Because its a reason to not single out the one club ffs
  • Options

OR "our player of the season has been black for the last x years".

Using that Millwall logic, then possibly Charlton is the extreme racist club, as our player of the year is white with blonde hair, i guess they didnt all flee to Argentina. ;-)

• Options

Why does them having black fans who can be thugs like some other Millwall fans, have anything to do with the racism?

Feels very close to that old excuse of, im not a racist as i have a black friend. ;-)

Thank you!
    I thought I'd throw that one out there.

They are such better hooligans than Chelsea that they probably pay for extras.

Just read the NS article, had me weeping.

I would think that some of the samller Northern clubs have a lot more racist fans then most London clubs, but I reckon Millwall have the highest percentage in London, just ahead of West Ham.
  • Options
    Surely the defence of "we're not racist, we voted a black player as our POTY" is no different to saying "i'm not racist, i've got a black friend"
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Me asking my millwall mate on FB

15:37
    see all your lot
    being racist to shittu

fucking dramatise that though its bollocks
    you get brum fans on the pitch against villa chucking flares at the away end
    man united smashing up barnsley town centre
    they get a little corner in the local news paper, millwall fan says a nasty word to shittu and its all on tele
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I think the point is that some on here and some in general get carried away & accuse Millwall FC itself of being racist and stereotype all of us as being racist, where black people are not tolerated.

When for the vast majority of us it is not a problem at all.

That's why people raise the point of who we've voted for as our POTY because it shows that as a club and as a general fanbase we ain't racist. We do clearly have fans who hold racist views, but too many now tarnish the whole club like that....which ironically is the exact thing they are trying to combat - stereotyping a whole on a small sample.

• Options

I think the point is that some on here and some in general get carried away & accuse Millwall FC itself of being racist and stereotype all of us as being racist, where black people are not tolerated.

When for the vast majority of us it is not a problem at all.

That's why people raise the point of who we've voted for as our POTY because it shows that as a club and as a general fanbase we ain't racist. We do clearly have fans who hold racist views, but too many now tarnish the whole club like that....which ironically is the exact thing they are trying to combat - stereotyping a whole on a small sample.

Exactly my point
  • Options
    Da9 I was I'm a group in Holland about 93 the infamous do i not like Orange game we were pissed off proper by the result and the performance and was sitting just mulling the whole thing over in Dam sq about 1 am

There was a good 10 lads all good boys from 3 different clubs in london and we were joined by some pals that we had met during the period from Lincoln and 2 from hull

This pig faced journo offered us dough, Brasses and gear if we would kick it off with a group of young dutch lads out there as he had missed the photo opportunity that had actually happend at the train station near the ground and the minor scuffles in the Red light district earlier that evening

He was as blatent as could be and sat telling us they had done this since 86 and mainly the scousers and brummies that took the money and had done it all over the world

This fat pig took the shoeing of his life and the camera man lost all his equipment the money he was going to pay us spilled on the pavement and he lost that

since then i have never ever trusted what i see or read by these clowns
  • Options

Da9 I was I'm a group in Holland about 93 the infamous do i not like Orange game we were pissed off proper by the result and the performance and was sitting just mulling the whole thing over in Dam sq about 1 am

There was a good 10 lads all good boys from 3 different clubs in london and we were joined by some pals that we had met during the period from Lincoln and 2 from hull

This pig faced journo offered us dough, Brasses and gear if we would kick it off with a group of young dutch lads out there as he had missed the photo opportunity that had actually happend at the train station near the ground and the minor scuffles in the Red light district earlier that evening

He was as blatent as could be and sat telling us they had done this since 86 and mainly the scousers and brummies that took the money and had done it all over the world

This fat pig took the shoeing of his life and the camera man lost all his equipment the money he was going to pay us spilled on the pavement and he lost that

since then i have never ever trusted what i see or read by these clowns

Good work
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Thank you!
    I thought I'd throw that one out there.

They are such better hooligans than Chelsea that they probably pay for extras.

Just read the NS article, had me weeping.

I would think that some of the samller Northern clubs have a lot more racist fans then most London clubs, but I reckon Millwall have the highest percentage in London, just ahead of West Ham.
    Never seen Millwall as a racist club really. Alright a lot Of wallys support them but in terms of racism I wouldn't say they've got that much more a problem than other clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sometimes go and watch York City and have heard racist abuse being shouted. The odd comment here and there, nothing widespread but ignorant abuse nonetheless. No interest to Sky though.

And don't get me started on Leeds.......
  • Options
    SLL says
    "How about explaining that the footage shown of Diouf pointing towards block 28 was actually him having a go at the lino after an incident in the game, which was commented on by the commentators live on sky during the game!!! "

The linesman runs the line on the right and the subs warm up on the left. There was NO linesman in front of Block 28.

• Options
    MOG is spot on, if you look at the footage from about 00:48 in, there's no linesman on the near side touchline where Diouf points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4rCcE9xwU
  • Options
    Has this not done itself to near death for a day. I only saw the 2nd half of the programme which said absolutely nothing but:

» Milwall have a larger proportion of idiots per capita than most (if not all) clubs

» Sky have gone for the easiest and less risky target and ignored their pay masters and many other known hotbeds where it may have been less "expected"

» SSL has actually spoken sense and not for the first time (unfortunately)

» That fool who the MillwallShopper still endorse is indeed a fool

» Racism exists and it will always be so

Anyway - home in an hour if lucky.

• Options

SLL says
    "How about explaining that the footage shown of Diouf pointing towards block 28 was actually him having a go at the lino after an incident in the game, which was commented on by the commentators live on sky during the game!!! "

The linesman runs the line on the right and the subs warm up on the left. There was NO linesman in front of Block 28.

Very good point! I'll have to go back & read exactly what all that was about then, as I'm sure someone said he had a pop at the lino, can't be that.

• Options
    Nothing to do with this documentary / racism thing but i genuinely believe that millwall will have sold their current ground for residential redevelopment within the next 5 years or will have slipped back into a 3rd / 4th division existence - possibly both. If we are losing money at an alarming rate in this division then how much must they be losing on their gates? I am convinced their current owner is only in it for the land value and i know for a fact that the previous board (heather rabbats etc) there had feasibility studies undertaken based on selling for residential redevelopment. The thing that bothers me is where will they go? Move in with Palace in a new ground?, move out to gravesend?, move in with west ham?!? or ... move in with us??? but where??? peninsula??? As eluded to, if its premiership or bust, how long can things go on as they are for? - particularly if your club is owned by people with no emotional attachment to the club?
  • Options
    Block 28 racist abuse. The block opposite,lets hit the lino.

Stay classy, Bermondsey

• Options
    Man from Enfield arrested and charged tonight following yesterday's programme. That is the Millwall fan we saw by the way.....
  • Options

Nothing to do with this documentary / racism thing but i genuinely believe that millwall will have sold their current ground for residential redevelopment within the next 5 years or will have slipped back into a 3rd / 4th division existence - possibly both. If we are losing money at an alarming rate in this division then how much must they be losing on their gates? I am convinced their current owner is only in it for the land value and i know for a fact that the previous board (heather rabbats etc) there had feasibility studies undertaken based on selling for residential redevelopment. The thing that bothers me is where will they go? Move in with Palace in a new ground?, move out to gravesend?, move in with west ham?!? or ... move in with us??? but where??? peninsula??? As eluded to, if its premiership or bust, how long can things go on as they are for? - particularly if your club is owned by people with no emotional attachment to the club?

I'm pretty sure Millwall aren't losing as much money as we currently are each season
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Man from Enfield arrested and charged tonight following yesterday's programme. That is the Millwall fan we saw by the way.....

Doesn't nla live up that way? Hmmmm ........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm pretty sure Millwall aren't losing as much money as we currently are each season
    why are we losing so much then? Yes we have some loan repayments but our higher gates must more than negate that. Have we got a higher player wage bill? Wouldn't have thought so.
  • Options

why are we losing so much then? Yes we have some loan repayments but our higher gates must more than negate that. Have we got a higher player wage bill? Wouldn't have thought so.
    Hard to say but Millwalls squad is very small, no 'big' names like Fuller, I reckon ours might be higher than theirs actually.
  • Options

Dont be sold off it i aint saying they are angels and it is an easy place to get the reports but its a set up nailed on

It's not the highest quality report of all time, but the guys who made it went to plenty of games up and down the country and were 'absolutely stunned' by what they experienced at the Toolbox. For the record. It might be more exciting to believe in conspiracies, but this was a report put together by honest journalists and producers. They didn't 'pick' on Millwall, it wasn't a set up and there were no patsys. All comments of that ilk are well wide of the mark.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dont be sold off it i aint saying they are angels and it is an easy place to get the reports but its a set up nailed on

It's not the highest quality report of all time, but the guys who made it went to plenty of games up and down the country and were 'absolutely stunned' by what they experienced at the Toolbox. For the record. It might be more exciting to believe in conspiracies, but this was a report put together by honest journalists and producers. They didn't 'pick' on Millwall, it wasn't a set up and there were no patsys. All comments of that ilk are well wide of the mark.
    Crap. I hate Millwall, but a blind man can see that they were targeted.
  • Options
    When the programme was shown I said to the missus I know that blOke and I can't think of where I know him from

Would make sense if the bloke is local to here

• Options
    if you wanna find something and it'll take 10 visits to some grounds or 5 visits to another to find it where you gonna go
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Crap. I hate Millwall, but a blind man can see that they were targeted.
    I can vouch for the fact that Millwall only became central to the report once they'd realised the footage they had. If I thought it was a set up based on what I've heard, then I'd say that - nothing in it for me to lie. The difference between you and me is, you're assuming, and I know the guys who made the report.
  • Options
    Jimmy can you ask why they never made a better programme showing the issues at games such as spurs west ham

Chelsea vs man yoo

Arsenal vs spurs

Was it the brand of the sky network they were trying to protect

It was an easy place to grab a story the fools there allow it

But if they wanted to prove racism existed in football they made a balls up of it
  • Options
    Anyone know Gerrard Scanlon? He's been named and has been charged with racially aggrevated public order offences at Millwall v Leeds which was featured on the SSN report.
  • Options

But if they wanted to prove racism existed in football they made a balls up of it

It exists in every walk of life and racists are present at every sporting event I would imagine, numbers and viceferousness will vary.

Its nothing new, as long as human beings walk this planet it will exist in whatever shape or form.