Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall fans racially abusing their OWN player

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Millwall Football Club understands Gerrard Scanlon, the man caught in the recent Sky Sports News documentary uttering racist abuse at a Leeds United player, appeared at Bromley Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning.

He received a £400 fine with £125 costs and was issued with a five year football banning order.

But the club had already decided to ban Scanlon for life from all matches at The Den.

We are pleased that the behaviour of this individual came to notice, and that the police and the courts have now taken action against him.

Millwall Football Club will continue to operate a zero tolerance policy to target and ban any fan guilty of displaying racist behaviour, and we look forward to developing even closer links with other agencies, including those in the media who share our determination to eradicate racism from our game.

• Options
    Strange it was heard at Bromley court
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    nolly said:

Henry was the presiding magistrate ;-)
  • Options
    Doubtful , only a fine
  • Options
    nolly said:

Doubtful , only a fine

Too true, if it had been my turn on the bench it would have been hanged, drawn and quartered.

• Options
    I'm with you on that
  • Options
    nolly said:

You get tried where you're grassed.....
  • Options
    Yes I'm talking about the location chirpy
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well no surprise then.

Ask the poster who put up the court report where he lives.....
  • Options
    Surprised in that it happened in another borough so would have thought the magistrates there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly said:

Surprised in that it happened in another borough so would have thought the magistrates there

They train in Bromley as well, the plot thickens...