Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013 UEFA U21 European Championships

All kicks off tomorrow with Israel v Norway followed by England v Italy

Group A

5 June 2013
19:00
Israel v Norway Netanya Stadium, Netanya

5 June 2013
21:30
England v Italy Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv

8 June 2013
England v Norway HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva

8 June 2013
Italy v Israel Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv

11 June 2013
Israel v England Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem

11 June 2013
Norway v Italy Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv

Group B

6 June 2013
Spain v Russia Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem
6 June 2013
Netherlands v Germany HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva
9 June 2013
Netherlands v Russia Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem
9 June 2013
Germany v Spain Netanya Stadium, Netanya
12 June 2013
Spain v Netherlands HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva
12 June 2013
Russia v Germany Netanya Stadium, Netanya

Should be a great tournament, I fancy England to do well although you have to fancy the very strong Spanish side.

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to it. Wish we really took it seriously, if we could win this tournament would give the squad a winning mentality
  • Options
    We have won the last 9 games, so going into it with a bit of form. Can see us comfortably through the group stages as we have been quite fortunate with the draw.
  • Options
    Went bookies job done pal if it comes in we win 560k

If we lose you owe me my redundancy and can tell the wife

8)
  • Options
    Being played in Asia, nice and hot.
    See that smallwall legend has a stadium named after him, probably the Spurs connection.
  • Options
    Is it being shown on tv over here?
  • Options
    It's all on sky tv
  • Options
    NLA I'm liking the "we" bit there.
  • Options
    Cheers uncle, should be interesting, did Jonjo get a call up?
  • Options

Yes...

The squad:

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/Team
  • Options

Yes I do believe he will be starting at least the first match. 12-1 to be Englands top scorer for those of you that like a bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow , the boy did good , when he was with Charlton at 16 I thought he'd end up playing In the World Cup for England in 2014.

He needs to have one helluva season to get a first team place in the senior England team, but I hope he can shine at the U21's good luck Jonjo!
  • Options

Wow , the boy did good , when he was with Charlton at 16 I thought he'd end up playing In the World Cup for England in 2014.

He needs to have one helluva season to get a first team place in the senior England team, but I hope he can shine at the U21's good luck Jonjo!

Thank you.
  • Options
    The Spanish squad:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid).

Defenders: Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Alvaro (Real Zaragoza), Inigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Marc Muniesa (Barcelona), Martín Montoya (Barcelona), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Thiago Alcantara (Barcelona), Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Sergio Canales (Valencia), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Isco (Malaga), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe).

Forwards: Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid), Rodrigo (Benfica), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Cristian Tello (Barcelona), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe).

Very strong team.
  • Options
    Spain to win then.
  • Options
    We applied to host this one, but lost out to Israel.

I think it would be a great tournament to have in this country, I think the Valley would be a great venue to host an England U21 game or two....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The forwards for England have a worrying lack of quality at finishing imo
  • Options
    I think Italy have got a strong squad out there as well
  • Options
    I didn't realise they moved Blackpool's stadium to Tel Aviv?
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

The forwards for England have a worrying lack of quality at finishing imo

But score plenty from midfield. That's why 12-1 for someone that will more than likely be taking the freekicks are pretty good odds.

• Options
    Read in Todays paper that the Spanish lad at Barca is 18/1 for top scorer. Seems like very good odds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn't realise they moved Blackpool's stadium to Tel Aviv?

Hope they left the pitch here though!

• Options
    No Harriott? Shocking. Pearce out.

Would have thought we'd have added Zaha as well. He might have a full cap now but would've been a good tounament experience for him, especially if he might feature in the euro squad next summer........
  • Options
    He is there isn't he!?
  • Options

No Harriott? Shocking. Pearce out.

Would have thought we'd have added Zaha as well. He might have a full cap now but would've been a good tounament experience for him, especially if he might feature in the euro squad next summer........

Zaha is in the squad
  • Options
    uncle said:

The Spanish squad:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid).

Defenders: Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Alvaro (Real Zaragoza), Inigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Marc Muniesa (Barcelona), Martín Montoya (Barcelona), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Thiago Alcantara (Barcelona), Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Sergio Canales (Valencia), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Isco (Malaga), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe).

Forwards: Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid), Rodrigo (Benfica), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Cristian Tello (Barcelona), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe).

Very strong team.

they should win it ..
  • Options
    That Spain squad looks ridiculous on paper, they'd give our full team a good enough game.

I also read today that Russia's Alan Dzagoev who starred for their senior side at last years Euro's is in their squad and wondered why we don't play some of our senior players. The likes of Welbeck. Oxlade-chamberlain, Wilshere, Phil jones, kyle walker and jack rodwell are all still eligible. Why not play them?
  • Options

That Spain squad looks ridiculous on paper, they'd give our full team a good enough game.

I also read today that Russia's Alan Dzagoev who starred for their senior side at last years Euro's is in their squad and wondered why we don't play some of our senior players. The likes of Welbeck. Oxlade-chamberlain, Wilshere, Phil jones, kyle walker and jack rodwell are all still eligible. Why not play them?

I'd imagine because we would rather give the upcoming players the experience rather than those that have already had a taste of International football.
  • Options
    It's a tournament though, we should be picking the best players we have to try and win it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    But its a tournament that means absolutely nothing. Let the youngsters have a go at being in a different surroundings for a couple of weeks, playing several games over a short period, in a competetive environment.

Im not saying i agree with it, but im guessing thats the reasoning behind it. Plus, perhaps Hodgson would prefer players that are going to be involved in our qualifiers getting a summer off.
  • Options

But its a tournament that means absolutely nothing.

Why?