Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013 UEFA U21 European Championships

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:

I've never been a big fan of Pearce, sat close to the away bench once when he was at Man City, did not stop screaming and ranting for the whole 90 minutes, didn't seem particularly insightful stuff either. Remember Fowler just looking at him thinking what on earth are you going on about. Was early in his career to be fair.

I'm guessing he hasn't changed much.
  • Options
    Can't support hoddle in charge of adolescents

Great coach...absolute car crash of a human being

Would like to see someone with youth coaching do the u21s. Damien Matthew, fella at Southampton ... Proven track record with youth development
  • Options
    Stuart Pearce

Has let himself down in that interview and highlighted his limitations

However he does have a point the players have to look at themselves from this humilating exit and ask themselves how can i do better

To me i noticed issues on that pitch that due to age and immaturity were not put to bed

There must have been issues in that changing room as it was very obvious that certain players played for themselves not the team or the mgr
    And ultimately not for their country
  • Options

Stuart Pearce

Has let himself down in that interview and highlighted his limitations

However he does have a point the players have to look at themselves from this humilating exit and ask themselves how can i do better

To me i noticed issues on that pitch that due to age and immaturity were not put to bed

There must have been issues in that changing room as it was very obvious that certain players played for themselves not the team or the mgr
    And ultimately not for their country

We will have a beer and discussion over this at Welling mate.
  • Options
    Thought so mate just remembered we have dagenham as well we will do that one an all
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The players are to blame as much as Pearce and the jobsworths at the FA who appointed him.
    The players are mostly very well off at a very early age, they are pampered, spoilt and do not live in the real world. (A good spell in the army'd do them a world of good). They have always been told since nappy days that they were god's gift and of course they believe it. I don't think that even the humiliation of this tournament will penetrate their perception of themselves as great players. 'It wasn't my fault'.
    Most will have good careers even if not in the top division or as full internationals and will retire in their early 30s as fairly wealthy men who know nothing of real work and the pressures outside the football bubble. Many are poseurs with no real pride either in their profession or 'their country'. It is all very worrying.
  • Options
    Oh yeah definitely Dagenham
  • Options
    Jesus the goal from

Isco snd the finish from Morata were sublime

The fa need to look at yhis squad and say this
    Is how you win a world cup and european championship with your full national squad

This u21 spain team would beat the england national squad
  • Options

Jesus the goal from

Isco snd the finish from Morata were sublime

The fa need to look at yhis squad and say this
    Is how you win a world cup and european championship with your full national squad

This u21 spain team would beat the england national squad

It was a bit like a young Alan Shelvey goal.
  • Options
    If Italy get through it will be a good test for Spain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate it was a great great finish the tekkas for that second goal were ridiculous
  • Options
    Italy v Spain final

Same as euros... Any coincidence??
  • Options
    Nug said:

I've never been a big fan of Pearce, sat close to the away bench once when he was at Man City, did not stop screaming and ranting for the whole 90 minutes, didn't seem particularly insightful stuff either. Remember Fowler just looking at him thinking what on earth are you going on about. Was early in his career to be fair.

I know exactly what you mean: any manager who rants and raves on the touchline just gives off the message that he's lost control. Warnock, for example. A mate of mine supports West Brom and couldn't stand Gary Megson - "the Ginger Mourinho"! - continually slagging off his players in public. I'm surprised about Pearce. Is there any situation when the manager can justifiably blame his players? Must be very extreme.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    since our 2 bob team went out I forgot this was still going on. just switched on the final. 3-1 to spain against Italy at half time. Thiago with all spains goals.
  • Options
    Thiago is ridiculous
  • Options
    Which Premier league team will snap him up if the reports that he wants to leave Barca are true...
  • Options
    4-2 to spain. FT

must stick in the craw a bit that Thiago is actually Italian.
  • Options
    Half Brazilian, half Italian.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Glenn Hoddle doesnt want the job as 'its a come down' from his previous position with England
  • Options

Glenn Hoddle doesnt want the job as 'its a come down' from his previous position with England

Can't blame him really, it is a "come down" and how much impact can he have on English football managing the U21's?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Considering that he talks to god every conversation must be a come down.

• Options
    The FA confirm Gareth Southgate's appointment as Under-21s coach on three year contract.

It's like they don't even want to do well...
  • Options
    To be fair, it would be good to hear what he has to say.