Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013 UEFA U21 European Championships

Comments

• Options
    Was just about to write we got lucky, oh well good freekick
  • Options

Shelvey subbed for McEachran, doesn't look happy about it.

There would be something wrong with him if he was happy at being subbed?

• Options
    England look 2nd rate compared to the Italians. There's not much fight on display so far.
  • Options
    Okay, let me rephrase. He was visibly annoyed at the decision.

Wasn't trying to have a pop, just passing comment. I wouldn't have subbed him, or even moved him out wide in the first place.
  • Options
    You'd still fancy England to beat the other two
  • Options
    I didn't think you was having a pop.... Couldn't understand putting him out left? But yes the other two are much worseand this isn't Englands best team. Be nice to score here.
  • Options
    Free kick in the last minute of added time
  • Options
    FT 1-0.

Heard it was first goal U21s conceded since 2011? Impressive record. Should be good to make the next round up against Israel and Norway...
  • Options
    Young men against boys!
  • Options

FT 1-0.

Heard it was first goal U21s conceded since 2011? Impressive record. Should be good to make the next round up against Israel and Norway...

Yeah 9 games won without conceding
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although they are weaker sides, it will still be a test of character to come back from losing your first game to qualify, especially when one of the games is against the hosts.

good experience.
  • Options

Although they are weaker sides, it will still be a test of character to come back from losing your first game to qualify, especially when one of the games is against the hosts.

good experience.

The thing in their favour is they beat Norway twice in the qualifiers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wasnt pleasant to watch, Italy dominated from start to finish and deserved to win. Was a strange England starting 11, might of been in with a chance of at least a point if we had a full strength team out.

Think England will struggle with 2 must win games coming up, and based on tonights performance I dont think we will make the semis.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Wasnt pleasant to watch, Italy dominated from start to finish and deserved to win. Was a strange England starting 11, might of been in with a chance of at least a point if we had a full strength team out.

Think England will struggle with 2 must win games coming up, and based on tonights performance I dont think we will make the semis.

I didn't get why Zaha was fit enough to warm up, be on the bench and not fit enough to play. Got Ince to come in the side too.
  • Options
    I only listened on 5live but they said the Italians had a back 4 made up of Intern Milan players and the goal scorer was from Napoli so it would be no surprised that there was a gulf in class.
  • Options

I only listened on 5live but they said the Italians had a back 4 made up of Intern Milan players and the goal scorer was from Napoli so it would be no surprised that there was a gulf in class.

They were streets ahead of England to be fair.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

No Harriott? Shocking. Pearce out.

Would have thought we'd have added Zaha as well. He might have a full cap now but would've been a good tounament experience for him, especially if he might feature in the euro squad next summer........

Zaha is in the squad
    My bad. Looked at the midfield, as I assumed he'd be listed there, rather than as a forward.................
  • Options
    Hardly surprising when you see the players we had missing.

We could field a far better XI from players who aren't even there.
  • Options

charltonJ said:

No Harriott? Shocking. Pearce out.

Would have thought we'd have added Zaha as well. He might have a full cap now but would've been a good tounament experience for him, especially if he might feature in the euro squad next summer........

Zaha is in the squad
    My bad. Looked at the midfield, as I assumed he'd be listed there, rather than as a forward.................
    Thats where I looked first
  • Options
    Credit Stuart Pearce, who came out and said England were awful and deserved nothing. Nice to see his good old honest, straightforward character is unchanged by the FA culture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Propper weird when you are scrolling through a thread and there's a weird random argument between two people that makes absolutely no sense. More entertaining than the match itself though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh England...

Shall we just quit international football?

I'm sure we're going backwards.
  • Options
    Like Stuart Pearce as a man but my god he is an awful manager. Only has the job because of his playing career.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Oh England...

Shall we just quit international football?

I'm sure we're going backwards.

Here are some of the players we had eligible for last night but aren't there for one reason or another:

Wilshere
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Phil Jones
    Rodwell
    Welbeck
    Luke Shaw
    Kyle Walker
    Martin Kelly
    Andros Townsend
    McManaman
    Raheem Sterling
    Nick Powell
    Ross Barkley
    Not to mention that Zaha, Ince and Danny Rose didn't play either.

Not quite the death of our game yet and we should still win the other 2 matches.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Holland and Germany to draw tonight and under 2.5 goals in the Spain / Russia game .
  • Options
    Russia don't look to terrible to be fair.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    looking forward to germany holland
    actually enjoyed last nights game apart from the sky commentator spending 90mins eulogising about the Italians.
  • Options
    Proving my point from the other day that we should select our best available players for this tournament, the Dutch team tonight features 10 players who have all been capped at senior level.