Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leicester post-match news & views 2013

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Scored a couple of goals, but conceded one late on when they were down to ten men. Despite that, the big news has to be a home win and our first three points of the season!

With that under our belt, I'm sure the squad feel much better about things. For those there, were there signs of moving onwards and upwards?

Comments

• Brilliant.
  • They must hate us
  • Powell comes out of the 'tunnell' at the end, pats his left breast twice and claps his way off the pitch.
  • Yay...

It took us most of last season to get a home win, so this is progress!
  • Prictard MoM for me - didn't stop
  • Big thanks to Red and co going to be using that thread more than ever

Big ballsy win brilliant and reading that leicester keeper kept them in it although hamer made a great save too golfie

Surely no complaints from those there today
  • Fantastico.

What a great surprise - I didn't expect anything from today's match. Well done CP and the boys.

I feel a lot better looking at the league table now!
  • Great win and gives us hope we can get something with the away games coming up
  • we have moved up to 18th with a game in hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Pritchard looks a lot better in the middle of the pitch. Great battler. The 3-5-2 suits us.

Massive win, and once monday passes with Solly still at the club i'll be a lot happier.
  • Huge boost for everyone. Well played CP and the boys.
  • Proud Charlton fan here.
  • Excellent game thoroughly enjoyed the victory. Superb team effort Pritchard was everywhere. Important three points points ahead of the break and two away games.
  • We are Leicester's bogey team! Well done boys!!!!
  • blinding result ... well happy .... such a weird league and we are such a phsychological team we could well go on a run now...
  • edited August 2013
    Reams suggesting on Into The Valley that Solly signed long term contract today. If true, today will be even sweeter!
  • The gods don't hate us after all. Birthday weekend. Away with the misses. Result all round ;)
  • pilchard said:

We are Leicester's bogey team! Well done boys!!!!

We never used to be, was the complete opposite during 90's.

Important win for us :)
  • Pritchard outstanding
  • Sponsored links:

• All the team played well today and really wanted the win. Good football And Leicester hardly had a sniff at goal in the first half. I thought Church ran his socks off. Hurrah.
  • 9 points off top spot with a game in hand. We're gonna win it. COYA. (Gotta dream)
  • Well done Powelly, 352 was a great tactical plan.

Schmeical kept the score respectable.

Almost a goal each for Cousins and Pig, these kids look mint.

Morro and Kerm...the script was written before kick off!

Play like that for the season and we will be ok and safely mid table.
  • edited August 2013
    Massive win and a massive performance. Quite possibly one of the best performances I've seen home for quite some time. I mean a proper team performance against a very good side.

Pritchard MoM for me...ran himself into the ground and showed some excellent technique at times. Schmeichel also gets a special mention for pulling off one of the best saves I've ever seen. That Yann header was pretty much in the net when he got to it.

COYR. The season starts here.
  • edited August 2013
    I am not a great lover of 3-5-2 .. but for all I care we can play 2-7-1 so long as we keep winning.
    Incidentally the sloppy BBC have us at 4 points from 5 games .. spot the errrr 'deliberate' mistake .. come on you Addickssssssssaaaaa !!!

EDIT: Nice to see the 'outta form' Morrison & Kermorgant scoring the goals
  • PL54 said:

Prictard MoM for me - didn't stop

Echo this 100%.
  • Prictard ! LOL
  • Great team performance so nice to see us passing the ball around and if it wasn't for Schmeichel and us wasting some good chances we could've scored 4 or 5. Very happy tonight
  • Wow
    Miracle result, never saw that coming in a month of Saturdays!

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 seems to have done the trick and without Solly !

Hope the subs and tactics were ok for everyone

Monster result and Brighton nicking a late one to draw with the scum a nice little bonus.

0% top 6 ................ 5% 7th-12th .......... 80% 13th-21st ........... 15% bottom 3

Thanks to Redmid , stilladdicted, PL54 for updates
  • Pritchard and Church worked their socks off. Great team performance. From where I sit the Schmeichel save from Yann looked amazing.