Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester post-match news & views 2013

Comments

• Options
    I was as pessimistic as anyone going into the game but that was an absolutely incredible display. We were the better side and worthy winners. Read my take on the game here: http://chrispowellsflatcap.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/corner-turned-as-addicks-head-in-the-right-direction/
  • Options
    I love this quote off the Leicester forum

- Charlton is a shithole with a shit team with shit fans and shit players, who were shit today.
  • Options
    Hahaha everything is shit!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Posting without reading.

A beautiful day and youngest daughter and I decided to prepare for the match with some Doombar at the Bugle. Very pleasant it was too and I was feeling mellow as I visited the Gents prior to leaving for the ground only to be told by another fan in the Gents that Solly wasn't playing as he was on his way.

That possibility rather took the gloss off my mood and walking to the ground we speculated as to how the players would react should the other fan's snippet prove to be true.

Whilst I'm very disappointed, but not surprised, to see Solly go I was heartened by the spirit shown by all the players including Stephens. Perhaps he should play part of every match with only one boot :-)

In all seriousness Leicester looked a good side yet on a hot, hot day our lads rolled up their sleeves and competed. It was an excellent team performance so I'm hesitant to pick out individuals but Yann was up for it and Morrison appeared far more like the Morro we know and love. Jackson was his usual inspirational self until understandable exhaustion in the conditions caught up with him and Pritchard showed why his energy is so crucial to the side.

Everyone else chipped in where needed and SCP deserves credit for keeping the players focused despite the distraction of a key man like Solly edging towards the exit.

His substitutions were spot on too. Feed the Pig and he will score. I hope Joe heard and was inspired by that little ditty during his cameo at the end.
  • Options
    Everything in golfieland must be shit that is forsure

Does the rain cloud of doom follow u to bed
  • Options
    Just got back from Bristol and seen the score. Supporting Charlton is such a roller coaster experience! Well done to the team. Now to read the thread
  • Options
    Great desire and passion shown by cafc today. Creating chances and looking relatively solid at back despite a few major mistakes.

Why did players run to other side of pitch today at the beginning?? Seemed very odd !
  • Options

Reams suggesting on Into The Valley that Solly signed long term contract today. If true, today will be even sweeter!

Makes it even more likely he's leaving soon then IMO - but hey, after Wilsons performance today it's Chris who right !
  • Options
    Having worked a lot in liecester I can safely say it's a shitehole, anyway a hard working display I would say, three points well earned.
  • Options
    What's going on with the league table on all the major sites. We should be 17th by my calculations. They have our goal difference wrong, or is it just me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality performance. Cousins will be at Arsenal within a year, he reminds me of Vieira the way he plays and runs.
  • Options

What's going on with the league table on all the major sites. We should be 17th by my calculations. They have our goal difference wrong, or is it just me?

On the official fl site we are 17th. Other sites like bbc have counted our goals vs donny
  • Options
    rambeau said:

Pritchard outstanding

Here here

Great attitude by all the team, loved it

I know Wilson doesn't do a whole lot, but when presented with a crossing opportunity, it was on the money every time today.
  • Options
    Kermorgant had it all today: quick feet, ability to run with and without the ball, brave tackles,brave headers, deft touches, insightful through balls, calm in possesion, testing shots. Wish the guy was 5 or 10 years younger!
  • Options
    Highlight was after and discovering a ten year old with us thought everyone was singing "Yann Kermorgant, he shits for a laugh"
  • Options
    Just back to hotel. I had steeled myself for a thrashing. When we went to 2-1 and we looked a bit headless chicken I thought "here we go, theyve got me going again so they can f*** me up". Happy now for a few days!
  • Options
    Is that our fans singing 'since I was young?'....if it is...slow it down!!!!! Good noise tho.
  • Options
    A much, much better performance today, with fluent moves, forward momentum, and - crucially - accurate crosses and corners that demonstrate how much was wasted by Danny Green. Church is full of energy, has good pace, and closes down defenders well. The outstanding star was Yann Kermorgant: he is strong and agile when he drops back, deadly with free-kicks 25 yards from goal, and lethal in the six-yard box. However, our defence was sliced apart for the Leicester goal, we wobbled under pressure towards the end, and we need to rehearse some quick throw-in routines. It's a pity that the international break comes now - we need to keep the momentum going....
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I love this quote off the Leicester forum

- Charlton is a shithole with a shit team with shit fans and shit players, who were shit today.

Listen: World of Shit
  • Options
    Really liked the look of Pigott - very promising player indeed. Was willing him to get a goal - if there's one team a Pigott should score against it must surely be Leicester ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The amount of fans they had today they were so quiet, thought their support was poor
  • Options

Kermorgant had it all today: quick feet, ability to run with and without the ball, brave tackles,brave headers, deft touches, insightful through balls, calm in possesion, testing shots. Wish the guy was 5 or 10 years younger!

This 1000%!

• Options
    Set pieces today were brilliant
  • Options
    2 -1 I hear in southern California ! Awesome ! As this might appeal to views expressed on a separate thread about volunteers (especially incorruptible Addick) : Class is as deep as Eternity . .Class prejudice is as shallow as Time . Thanks guys for showing true class today .
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Posting before reading.
    Also we changed the handshake line up, and broke towards the Jimmy Seed end prior to the toss and kick off which I don't think I've seen before. Other highlights were some Zeppelin (Rock and Roll) just before the second half kicked off.
    The lowlight is what has happened to the Red Red Robin, this needs sorting urgently.

I wasn't paying attention and thought we were kicking towards the Covered End when that happened at the start and yes, give us back Red Red Robin. But nice to be reminded why we go to football, two teams trying mostly to play the right way, some really good individual skills from time to time (amazing save) and SCP looking really made up at the end. And beautiful weather.
  • Options
    We were getting a bit cynical of bringing non league players in as a punt but Pritchard has proven why it is worthwhile. Ok, most fail but you can find a real gem. I'm still buzzing about his performance -constant harrying and tackling, defending, attacking his performance was spectacular.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23915219
    What an uninspiring man Pearson is. Clearly reporter watched a different game to Pearson. Ungracious in defeat, lucky to hold his job after last season. Allez les Rouges.

seconded - supreme whinger

• Options
    Didn't notice Solly run onto the pitch yesterday! http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287719/report
  • Options
    Pritchard, aside from working his socks off as you'd expect, played a lovely couple of Bergkamp esque passes yesterday... yes I might be exaggerating.

Leicester really can't defend set pieces can they? Probably the best game we could have chosen to be able to send three centre backs into the box at every corner/free kick.

Also, more of THAT Dale Stephens please.

• Options
    Pritchard= central midfielder

To play him any where else is insane.