Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine v England

Comments

• Options

vff said:

England poorer since the substitution of Ashley Young for Wilthshire. Poor second half overall, Ukraine not much better.

A real luck of quality up front for England. Missing Beckford. Passing has been terrible in the second half.

Beckford?? Jermaine?? Surely a typo
    ? lol
    shocking game, I want my 2 hours back. Having to listen to Townsend, Keane etc amplifies my hurt. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I thought Cahill had a good game and Cole wasn't bad then I'm struggling a bit. Milner a limited player, but he did the job he was asked to do.
  • Options
    I'm not one to lay into managers, at the end of the day it is normally the quality of your squad that dictates how you do at international level.

But as much as I like Woy, you can see what a boring attempt at a safe pair of hands he is. All about caution, respect to the opposition, cap dothed to the international coaching fraternity. No balls or risks to it, safety first.

We nay get some decent results under his stewardship, but I will be really surprised if you see a decent attacking performance.

Not comments based solely on tonight.
  • Options
    People slag off Rooney sometimes for drifting in/ out of the game. What we all need to learn is being able to play with his confidence.
    Tonight's game showed how far behind we are.
    Any player on that pitch whether midfield or forward, should be capable of playing on either side, with either foot.
    We were very lacking with our movement/ possession of the ball.
    Still a result nonetheless.

Watched an average Italy side not too many years ago play similar defensive football, yet go on to win a competition.

My god, when are ITV going to drop Adrian Childs (or whatever his name is)
  • Options
    Why is every talking like two home wins will be a formality ???
  • Options
    smudge bang on his tactics were so obvious
  • Options

People slag off Rooney sometimes for drifting in/ out of the game. What we all need to learn is being able to play with his confidence.
    Tonight's game showed how far behind we are.
    Any player on that pitch whether midfield or forward, should be capable of playing on either side, with either foot.
    We were very lacking with our movement/ possession of the ball.
    Still a result nonetheless.

Watched an average Italy side not too many years ago play similar defensive football, yet go on to win a competition.
    My god, when are ITV going to drop Adrian Childs (or whatever his name is)

Italy could defend, we can't. Ukraine had way too many chances.

Setting up for a hopeful draw against Ukraine shows how far we've fallen.
  • Options
    I suppose it was a game we couldn't afford to lose and with key players out, that was a major influence. I think we needed as much pace as we could get on the pitch up front! Walcott would have been more effective if we had another quick player I suspect. I like Lambert but it wasn't a game for him - the ball wasn't in the areas he is most effective in often enough!
  • Options
    Ashley Young....what the actual fuck? How is he even near the England squad let alone helping himself to set pieces.

Walker, Walcott, Wilshere complete dog shit.

Still, played shit and didnt lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the inability to defend basic diagonal passes was very very worrying
  • Options

I thought Cahill had a good game and Cole wasn't bad then I'm struggling a bit. Milner a limited player, but he did the job he was asked to do.

Jagielker played well - he coped with everything sent his way without any fuss.

• Options
    the next two games are not walk overs and we don't have any room for cock ups! To be fair- at Wembley though - it is fair to say we are now favourites.
  • Options

Ashley Young....what the actual fuck? How is he even near the England squad let alone helping himself to set pieces.

This. Wilshere is a case of the emperors new clothes. I've never seen him play well for England.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yep Poland will turn up with a clown in goal------happened once before ask the late great Brian Clough (Ok difficult to actually ask him)
  • Options
    I wouldn't say Ukraine had far too many chances at all.

Out of the players tonight I think the two centre halves were decent.

Joe Hart wasn't stretched. The free header and that's probably it?
  • Options

the next two games are not walk overs and we don't have any room for cock ups! To be fair- at Wembley though - it is fair to say we are now favourites.

It's in our hands now - if we blow then we've no one to blame.

There's Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck to come back at least.

• Options
    Solly for England.
  • Options

This. Wilshere is a case of the emperors new clothes. I've never seen him play well for England.
    Brazil friendly. But agree he's overrated.
  • Options

Ignore the potential 2 penalties?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must admit the match didn't hold my attention much but was Ashley Cole having a bit of a mare caught out of position etc?
  • Options

the inability to defend basic diagonal passes was very very worrying

There's two ways of dealing with that NLA stop the ball coming in or make sure your full backs act as a third CB when it is down their side and in Mr 'balloon man ' lies your problem for sure on the right.
  • Options
    He has potential but wasn't good today - Woy should have picked a team specifically for this game but a draw isn't a disaster.
  • Options

Oh right so potential chances!!

Not chances are they.
  • Options
    Solly will be playing in this team within 2 years!
  • Options

Not chances are they.
    A better team would've destroyed our defense today.

Cahill did play well i'll admit, but to say Joe Hart wasn't in trouble when he almost gave away a penalty would be lying...
  • Options
    People are talking about injuries and suspensions but when all players are available, who would've played that wasn't there tonight?

Rooney and Sturridge for Lambert and Milner. And probably Johnson for Walker. That's it.

Would the performance have been any different/better? I doubt it.

Depressing at how bad we actually are. Walker, Wilshere, Walcott - all vastly overrated. Young was absolutely hopeless.
  • Options

Not chances are they.
    A better team would've destroyed our defense today.

Cahill did play well i'll admit, but to say Joe Hart wasn't in trouble when he almost gave away a penalty would be lying...
    It was a wicked deflection and he didnt touch him.
  • Options

Why is every talking like two home wins will be a formality ???

Isn't one against Poland. The need for a win against them will take Roy well out of his comfort zone.

Is he up to it??

• Options
    vff said:

Wellbeck. Its been a long day, not really helped by this not very exciting game.

Agreed mate