Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine v England

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Shag said:

I dont know any Barrow Fc fans

Up abit.....left abit.......
  • Options

cafctom said:

Its probably because he is our main striker and because his private life is often brought up publicly, he's that much more of an easy target to point the finger at.

what is so bad about his private life , shagging a brass ??

im not fussed about him , like him as a footballer , just peee'd off when he had a moan up to the camera at South African world cup about the fans booooing but that's prolly heat of the moment northern divvy kicking in

Agreed. Footballers really can do very little right in this day and age it seems. Often getting slaughtered for falling out of a nightclub drunk or getting off with some slapper. As if nobody else in life has ever done that in their twenties.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Its probably because he is our main striker and because his private life is often brought up publicly, he's that much more of an easy target to point the finger at.

im not fussed about him , like him as a footballer , just peee'd off when he had a moan up to the camera at South African world cup about the fans booooing but that's prolly heat of the moment northern divvy kicking in

Agreed. Footballers really can do very little right in this day and age it seems. Often getting slaughtered for falling out of a nightclub drunk or getting off with some slapper. As if nobody else in life has ever done that in their twenties.
    As I recall Wayne's most infamous incident was shagging a 60 year old brass known as the 'Auld Slapper' when he was 16 and at Everton.

Call me a shrinking violet but I can honestly say that has never quite been my thing.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Whilst I actually agree with both of you, some people argue that they are worth the phenomenal salaries they are paid because that's what goes with the job, you could say that equally the media microscope and expectation of saint like lives also goes with the job? We often hear "well I would go anywhere for £££££££ a week", you could also argue that "I could live like a saint for ££££££ a week".
  • Options

I think it depends on how you define world class - If you have to make one world team - no Rooney isn't world class, but if you could make 2 teams of the best players, he'll be in there somewhere.

And people's view of him is often clouded by a dislike of him which is not the right reason to rate his football.

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

If his private life didn't affect his work then sure... but it very much seems as though it did. Not who he's shagging or why - it was the affect it had on his game. A billion people would love a shot at playing in a world cup. But Rooney got into hot water over hookers and played like Blakey from On The Buses. He let us all down. F*** him. Spoilt brat.
  • Options
    You can take the boy out of Croxteth..........
  • Options
    I only ever see them on TV .. BUT .. Ross Barklay is a better long term midfield bet than Jack Wilshere. Every time Jack is tackled he seems to be in agony, rolling around, grimacing .. either he is very fragile indeed or he's a poseur. Barkley has lots of skill and pace allied to the fact that he is 'ard .. Uncle Roy, get him in the team naaaahhhh