Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Pathetic

Comments

• Options
    The titles hardly offensive.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    We had one chance in the 91st minute.To say "when Kermorgant comes back all will be well " is nonsense in my book.
    Even he couldn't rouse the shower of shit I saw today.

He would have done no better than Church did feeding off f*** all.
  • Options

@isawalonsonplay did you not know you're not allowed to say anything about Powell on here unless you say something positive?

Utter bollocks.
  • Options

Can we delete this one please - the title is offensive

:-)) Cheered me up that. The truth hurts

• Options
    To make something clear, the previous threads were moved because it was repeating comments and discussions already happening.

Powell Out? Go for it. It doesn't need another thread
  • Options
    If we are in the same division as the spanners next season can we either (1) just give them the 6 points so we don't have to suffer acouple of really depressing weekends, and if not (2) boycott the matches: The team never turn up so why should we ?
  • Options
    It will soon be 50 years of charlton not turning up for this game for me. I hope we never have to play them again!
  • Options

If we are in the same division as the spanners next season can we either (1) just give them the 6 points so we don't have to suffer acouple of really depressing weekends, and if not (2) boycott the matches: The team never turn up so why should we ?

This! I was given the rare opportunity to go to the match today and for the first time in my life I turned it down, I knew we would lose I was actually astounded it was only by one goal.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

• Options

That quote did come from harriot though. Who did look one of our better players in the 20 minutes he got.

Don't know why people expect anything from this fixture anymore. Doesn't even feel like a derby anymore.

Did it ever???
    Yep. The 4-4 in 2009. A division lower, yet the crowd was 21k if I recall right. Certainly a lot more than today, and that should make some people at the club think.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Get real ? why were people not moaning like Billio after Huddersfield?

I could see this coming , can't believe the over reaction or surprise to be honest , we should be used to disappointment by now.

Possibly because a lot less people on here saw that match

Possibly because it wasn't against our local rivals

Possibly because up there we actually scored a goal.
  • Options

Well said, I was thinking the same sort of thing. Cant bare this shit against them.
  • Options
    Genuinely, what are people's opinions on CP? Personally I don't think he is up to the job. He has no new ideas and whilst the subs were good when came on, they came way way way too late. The fact Piggot started over Sordell was embarrassing. Sordell has 3-4 years experience in playing in fixtures like this and Piggot is just a kid, it showed today. Out reliance on a few individuals is concerning, without Jackson and Kermogant we are a lower end league one team but people just don't seem to want to wise up to that fact. Competition for Hamer is needed as he was below par today and realises he has no one pushing him for his spot.
  • Options
    We're really not a lower league one team without those two. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Name another player who is a game changer and can compete at the level of JJ and YK in this league for us(with the exception of solly who we all know has signed that deal on the basis he is worth more money to us when we have to sell him). On our current form and current tactics that we choose to play, we would be beaten by a league one team easily time and time again.
  • Options

Genuinely, what are people's opinions on CP? Personally I don't think he is up to the job. He has no new ideas and whilst the subs were good when came on, they came way way way too late. The fact Piggot started over Sordell was embarrassing. Sordell has 3-4 years experience in playing in fixtures like this and Piggot is just a kid, it showed today. Out reliance on a few individuals is concerning, without Jackson and Kermogant we are a lower end league one team but people just don't seem to want to wise up to that fact. Competition for Hamer is needed as he was below par today and realises he has no one pushing him for his spot.

As I said in your thread that was deleted ...who would you replace him with?
  • Options
    WSS said:

We're really not a lower league one team without those two. That's ridiculous.

I know, top League Two...
  • Options

Name another player who is a game changer and can compete at the level of JJ and YK in this league for us(with the exception of solly who we all know has signed that deal on the basis he is worth more money to us when we have to sell him). On our current form and current tactics that we choose to play, we would be beaten by a league one team easily time and time again.

We really wouldn't.

How many games was Yann out for last year and the year before? Same as Jackson. We were fine. It's a bigger problem than that - it's stagnation brought on by lack of freshness in the playing staff.
  • Options
    Playing staff sourced by the management team. And in response to stonemuse, Poyet is available as far as I am aware. Whether we can afford him is another matter.
  • Options
    All the way from Inverness for this abject surrender
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poyet's teams only play one way. No point him coming here unless he's able to bring in the types of players needed to do that. We clearly don't have the squad to play his type of football.

And I doubt he'd want to come here. Expect he'll want a top half Championship side as a minimum.
  • Options

Playing staff sourced by the management team. And in response to stonemuse, Poyet is available as far as I am aware. Whether we can afford him is another matter.

I'm sure we can't.

Powell got it wrong today ...badly ...but I'm not convinced a change will make it better.
  • Options
    Regardless of the shite on display today and the mistakes that were made by SCP and the players , i'm 100% behind Chris and i see no reason why there should be talk of other managers coming in.
  • Options

Regardless of the shite on display today and the mistakes that were made by SCP and the players , i'm 100% behind Chris and i see no reason why there should be talk of other managers coming in.

This

• Options
    I managed to see the last 15 minutes - long ball, invariably from right back into their half and I don't think we won a single header regardless of where the ball went / was aimed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

If we could afford Poyet do you think we would be playing with a, as you so greatly exaggerated, "lower end league one" team?

If we could afford more than a "lower end league one" team, do you think Powell would be putting out a "lower end league one" team every week? Or do you think he would be snapping up other players?

I agree completely with you; The management have sourced the playing staff, but with only the resources to get a "lower end league one team" - hence why we most likely couldn't get a "better" management team.
  • Options

Absolutely but he can't keep making the same mistakes. We say he's a manager in learning, but he needs to learn and quick.
  • Options
    Ask yourselves this question. If parky had played this team would you all be so supportive of the management?
  • Options
    What other team could Powell have played?
  • Options

Ask yourselves this question. If parky had played this team would you all be so supportive of the management?

It's a fair point