Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Pathetic

Comments

• Options
    Pig looked huge from the nu
  • Options
    piggott needs to to put himself about more. He's a big lad, think the occasion got to him today and took 2 steps back in his development. Massive shame.
  • Options
    Pig's a big lad, but there is a difference between just having the size and knowing how to make the most of it. Kermorgant and Kevin Davies, they're not as big as the likes of Akpo Sodje but are indisputably better at the 'target man' role. Joe will hopefully learn a lot, but I fear his progression may have been slightly regressed after a shocker of a game (in many regards.)
  • Options
    He big as in tall but no where near strong enough
  • Options
    I don't go to many games, so don't know how much today was a one off, but from what I saw more players of the right character are needed. I was shocked to see how many players didn't fancy it. Whatever was worked on in training this week was clearly ignored too. CP is the man for the long term, for sure, but from what I've seen today I can only assume the club has a transfer policy of bringing in players because they're available, not because they're right for the club.

Happy to be corrected by others who watch week in week out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Poyet's teams only play one way. No point him coming here unless he's able to bring in the types of players needed to do that. We clearly don't have the squad to play his type of football.

And I doubt he'd want to come here. Expect he'll want a top half Championship side as a minimum.

He converted a bunch of bottom of league one cloggers to playing passing, attacking football. It should be possible for professional footballers to retain possession and move.
  • Options
    We all witnessed today why you cannot throw a raw forward into a game like Millwall and wonder why he could not perform in that arena, I felt sorry for the lad, my concern was that Sordell was the obvious replacement?. Having read the reports of him midweek, and experienced his performance today, I still feel he is going through the motions. If that is his best, well Powell needs to have a short sharp word with him.
    The first thing I did today was look for Yann in the warm up, my heart sank when he was not on the park!
    Not too sure what I would have done given the selection. It is easy to say that I would have started with Stewart and Harriott.
    Not sure why he did not play Cousins, I assume for the reason that he wanted to protect him, I think his ability midfield could have been a benefit, his ball control was desperatly needed today. Powell got it wrong today, and not the first time , but talk of replacement is an over-reaction.
    The guy is dealing with a squad that is thin, the youngsters maybe be great as bench players, but not in a game like this, at least to start.
    If people are looking for a scapegoat blame the directors for not investing in a couple of key players to support Powell and the team.
    The attendance was poor today as well, something the club needs to address.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Poyet's teams only play one way. No point him coming here unless he's able to bring in the types of players needed to do that. We clearly don't have the squad to play his type of football.

And I doubt he'd want to come here. Expect he'll want a top half Championship side as a minimum.

He converted a bunch of bottom of league one cloggers to playing passing, attacking football. It should be possible for professional footballers to retain possession and move.
    If it was that simple wouldn't more teams play passing attacking football? Brighton were a mid table side that were under performing.
  • Options
    WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Powell on the touch line had the same enthusiasm as the players not once did I see him go mental or show any passion at the muppets in front of him

I really wished we had an animated manager like Di Canio or Stuart Pearce, their teams always get results

Doesn't matter it shows you care Powell wasn't even offering words of encouragement or ideas it was like he was in a libary
    You think he doesn't care? Weird.
    On his body language today no, if he cared about the club he would say you know what I've taken this team as far as I can I don't have the ability or know how to push it on I'm off
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Powell on the touch line had the same enthusiasm as the players not once did I see him go mental or show any passion at the muppets in front of him

I really wished we had an animated manager like Di Canio or Stuart Pearce, their teams always get results

Doesn't matter it shows you care Powell wasn't even offering words of encouragement or ideas it was like he was in a libary
    You think he doesn't care? Weird.
    On his body language today no, if he cared about the club he would say you know what I've taken this team as far as I can I don't have the ability or know how to push it on I'm off
    Total bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    (1) Over 46 games last year we came 9th missing the p/os by 3 points

(2) First 7 games this season we have started a bit poorly

I'll give him unlimited credit because of (1) & 100% support in the hope that he comes through (2)...

Wish some of these f*ckwits calling for his head would go and support someone else - absolute numpties.
  • Options
    dingdong said:

no motivation in the team we were piss poor time for powell to go

I keep reading on here and other forums that its time for Powell to go but I never read who the posters suggest we replace him with? Its not a dig btw, just interested who people think we could employ on our budget and who would agree to work under the pretty obvious restrictions that Powelly has had to. What happens if this new messiah comes in and things still don't improve? Time for them to go to?
  • Options
    ashley said:

Hamer,Wilson,Morrison,Dervite,Wiggins,Cousins,Pritchard,Jackson,Stewart,church,Sordell

WSS said:

What other team could Powell have played?

I'd go with the above except Jako and Cousins in CM, Harriott and Stewart wide. Pritch runs around a lot but offers nothing.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Sorry Powell has lost it no confident in his selection. Pigott should never played to lightweight.
  • Options
    Par-average for the course - mid table. Above par you're doing well - top of table, above par - bottom of table. We are near the bottom. He hasn't performed well for a while, he strung a few wins together at the end of last season and due to other results and poor performances from others, we finished relatively high. I challenge anyone to say that we actually deserved to finish that high last year. My question as I keep repeating but no one seems to be answering, is whether he is up to the job. I don't particularly care who we would/could get and what they are paid, I want them to string a team together and enforce some tactics that will win us games. Again, as I have said earlier, yes the squad is poor, it's thin and inexperienced, but what people fail to recognise is the continued poor management when it comes to things like tactics - formations, player selections,, ball pressing even our fucking inability to keep the ball etc etc.
  • Options

ashley said:

Hamer,Wilson,Morrison,Dervite,Wiggins,Cousins,Pritchard,Jackson,Stewart,church,Sordell

WSS said:

What other team could Powell have played?

I'd go with the above except Jako and Cousins in CM, Harriott and Stewart wide. Pritch runs around a lot but offers nothing.
    Really not sure Jackson is up to it anymore. Do his set piece skills keep him in the team?
  • Options
    We should get Mourinho or Guardiola in. That way we'd be really good and never lose.
  • Options
    "the attendance was poor something the club needs to address" really ?????????????? how about giving af==k when we play that lot?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

We should get Mourinho or Guardiola in. That way we'd be really good and never lose.

And again have a day off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anna, are you sure that the players are really that bothered?
  • Options
    This forum really is full of tools sometimes. No one is saying if you had guardiola or mourinho in charge you wouldn't lose, but at least you would have someone with new ideas and one of the best master tacticians in the game. CP is regarded as being too nice, you don't hear mourinho sucking the cock of any other premier league manager after he has lost and I feel (and I say I) that CP respects others too much and doesn't want to be controversial because he wants to the nice guy all the time. Suits his political position in the football world well having been head of the PFA for over a decade, I think he has his eyes on bigger things (future FA chairman maybe) and sees this as a stepping stone in his career.
  • Options

Uboat said:

And again have a day off
    Your last post consisted of a full stop, so presumably even you have realised you talk shit, so I'm not sure it's me that needs a break.
  • Options

This forum really is full of tools sometimes. No one is saying if you had guardiola or mourinho in charge you wouldn't lose, but at least you would have someone with new ideas and one of the best master tacticians in the game. CP is regarded as being too nice, you don't hear mourinho sucking the cock of any other premier league manager after he has lost and I feel (and I say I) that CP respects others too much and doesn't want to be controversial because he wants to the nice guy all the time. Suits his political position in the football world well having been head of the PFA for over a decade, I think he has his eyes on bigger things (future FA chairman maybe) and sees this as a stepping stone in his career.

Fishing again ...you've had some good catches today
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Fishing again ...you've had some good catches today
    No, Stonemuse. He actually believes this crap. That's what makes it scary.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

And again have a day off
    Your last post consisted of a full stop, so presumably even you have realised you talk shit, so I'm not sure it's me that needs a break.
    Fuck a day!! Have a week yeah cool..
  • Options
    And in English?
  • Options
    I'm not fishing, I'm airing my views, something which people seem to be worried about doing on this board for fear of being ostracised by the in crowd. Personally I believe the views of this board to be on the decline in being 100% behind the manager, where I sit I have heard grumblings since the end of last season (albeit I sit with utter helmets in the west upper) but it seems to be spreading from what I have heard in pre and post match boozers. My crowd of 5 have been going charlton for an average of about 20 years and they all feel the same.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

And in English?

Basically just bore off please