Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Pathetic

Comments

• Options
    john said:

I can live with getting beat. What's not acceptable is to go down like we did yesterday. Absolutely no fight from anyone except for Jackson. That's inexcusable in any game but it really pisses me off when we stick in a non-performance like that in our derby game.

Definitely what pissed me off most about yesterday. Is it too much to ask of players to actually show signs they give a shit?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    its the morning after the road crash, dross,pathetic surrender of a game. i felt for awhile there may come a time when the wheels fall off re our crowds/gates and i think we have hit it---------------some of these players either aint good enough,some are just here for a pay cheque,others to green---------a board who cant / wont put their hands in their pockets-------and a manager who whilst being a legend as a player sometimes (increasingly) looks lost-----------------i think our gates while plummet and to be honest after yesterday ---------i think even at this early stage in this season need a break from watching CAFC implode.
  • Options

john said:

I can live with getting beat. What's not acceptable is to go down like we did yesterday. Absolutely no fight from anyone except for Jackson. That's inexcusable in any game but it really pisses me off when we stick in a non-performance like that in our derby game.

Definitely what pissed me off most about yesterday. Is it too much to ask of players to actually show signs they give a shit?
    I can't believe they don't give one. The question is why they all put in such an ineffective and apparently passion-free shift when it most mattered to us. Much as I love CP that is his responsibility. There has to be a cause, surely, beyond just not fancying it. I hope Chris knows what it is and has the ability to tackle it or we are well f****d.

Bailey had a good game for them much as it grieves me. Was the kind of performance we needed and didnt have.
  • Options
    Who didn't put any effort in yesterday? Thought they tried, they just weren't very good
  • Options
    in derbies i would have bradley pritchard nowhere near, awful
  • Options
    And simon Church your non commitment to tackles has been noted, we can see
  • Options
    Stephens melted a couple yesterday as well
  • Options
    we need eleven johnny jacksons, the real beast
  • Options
    WSS said:

Who didn't put any effort in yesterday? Thought they tried, they just weren't very good

Agreed

• Options
    I avoided this site yesterday as I knew it wouldn't be pretty. Now I've just read that Pritchard is rubbish and has only ever had one good game for us ever. Words fail me.

OK, his team selection may have been questionable yesterday, and people have the right to be pissed off at the abject performance, but the fact is that we do not have the money to bring better players in, yet alone another manager, so all this talk about CP's future is absolutely pointless. We are where we are and either accept that and unite to give ourselves a fighting chance, or we squabble and implode and make it certain that we are relegated at the end of the season as the Valley once again becomes a toxic pit of negativity where the players are mentally beaten even before kick off.

It's not a very appealing choice, but there are no alternatives unless Mr/Mrs Moneybags breezes in fairly soon and buys the club then splashes the cash in January. Which won't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No actually I wasn't. Isawalonsoplay was already taken but when I realised they were not a regular poster I chose the same and snuck an n in there that is typically overlooked by your brain when it is looked at quickly. And is someone with the moniker fanny fanackapan really going to try and judge others? How about you challenge my footballing views instead of my moniker

Others have challenged your footballing views sufficiently for me, sir and I think you may have realised by now that you are in a minority especially with regard to your "Pritchard is sh*t" howler. Methinks you must be a stand up comedian in "real life" ! But, being a lady, I have no wish to be drawn into futile discussions with you unless you agree to take off your blinkers...

Regarding my chosen moniker. If you had taken the time to investigate , you would discover that Spike Milligan ( who wrote a poem using the name) stated that "fanackapan" is a Lincolnshire term( as Lincs Addick will confirm) for "little dear" as a term of endearment from mother to daughter. Hence, a term used by my grandmother for me back in the dark ages....and by Gracie Fields who used the name for a character in her shows. Had I been a boy, I'd probably have been called Freddy Fanackapan.

Have a nice day.

• Options
    Its getting weird.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Powell on the touch line had the same enthusiasm as the players not once did I see him go mental or show any passion at the muppets in front of him

I really wished we had an animated manager like Di Canio or Stuart Pearce, their teams always get results

Doesn't matter it shows you care Powell wasn't even offering words of encouragement or ideas it was like he was in a libary
    I sit three rows directly behind the dugout and can say you are simply wrong.
  • Options

This forum really is full of tools sometimes. No one is saying if you had guardiola or mourinho in charge you wouldn't lose, but at least you would have someone with new ideas and one of the best master tacticians in the game. CP is regarded as being too nice, you don't hear mourinho sucking the cock of any other premier league manager after he has lost and I feel (and I say I) that CP respects others too much and doesn't want to be controversial because he wants to the nice guy all the time. Suits his political position in the football world well having been head of the PFA for over a decade, I think he has his eyes on bigger things (future FA chairman maybe) and sees this as a stepping stone in his career.

Stand up and take a bow, King of Tools.
  • Options

I know I'm a negative individual, but please don't start me on Pritchard, the bloke is utterly shit. Trying hard doesn't mean you are any good, if it did 99.9% of blokes on here would've had a chance of turning pro. He has literally had one good game in a charlton in my eyes and that was versus Leicester 2 weeks ago

"One good game"? Now I know you're on a wind up. Goodbye.
  • Options

Thank God it's still early in the season. That team, the line up today, was lacking one critical footballing element. A midfield player who could run at the opposition with the ball, take them on, go round them, then either have a shot, put in a dangerous cross or a decent through ball. We have players that can do that, Harriot, Cousins, Stewart, Church. But today Church was shackled and there was no one else until the subs came on. Powelly needs to have a rethink about these negative formations especially at home. Stephens is a player who needs good movement in front of him, there was none.

This...........
  • Options
    "Stephens is a player who needs good movement in front of him, there was none."

That'll be why he kept passing to blue shirts then.

• Options

moleo88 said:

If Powell comes out and says the players let the fans down, i'm giving up. Honestly, i wont be going to another derby game if he says that. We heard the same thing last bloody year and yet again, again, we're dreadful.

What can he realistically say that would satisfy you?

That he got it wrong & has realised that playing 5-3-2 at home against your bitter rivals doesn't please the fans and in future he will play attacking formations that ensures that we at least have a shot on target before the hour mark.

• Options
    Off_it said:

This forum really is full of tools sometimes. No one is saying if you had guardiola or mourinho in charge you wouldn't lose, but at least you would have someone with new ideas and one of the best master tacticians in the game. CP is regarded as being too nice, you don't hear mourinho sucking the cock of any other premier league manager after he has lost and I feel (and I say I) that CP respects others too much and doesn't want to be controversial because he wants to the nice guy all the time. Suits his political position in the football world well having been head of the PFA for over a decade, I think he has his eyes on bigger things (future FA chairman maybe) and sees this as a stepping stone in his career.

Would that make him hard then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Could almost believe he's a Spanner on a wind up

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Could almost believe he's a Spanner on a wind up

I genuinely thought he was.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Poyet's teams only play one way. No point him coming here unless he's able to bring in the types of players needed to do that. We clearly don't have the squad to play his type of football.

And I doubt he'd want to come here. Expect he'll want a top half Championship side as a minimum.

He converted a bunch of bottom of league one cloggers to playing passing, attacking football. It should be possible for professional footballers to retain possession and move.
    If it was that simple wouldn't more teams play passing attacking football? Brighton were a mid table side that were under performing.
    Ok, so if it can be done with a mid table league one team, in a pressure situation, in a few weeks then maybe it is not as tricky as you seem to think
  • Options

Come on now, over the top reactions again. We had a shot on target so not all bad.

Quality
    I strongly disagree. That was a pass to the keeper not a shot.

• Options

I so admire the people on here who are so 'died in the wool' that any form of team criticism is taken personally by them. But I tell you what, as long as my hard earned cash continues to get put into the club I shall continue to have a gripe when they perform like they did today. Likewise, when they turn in a decent display I shall praise accordingly.

I genuinely wish you wouldn't come then. As low as CAFC's bank balance is, we're better off without you. That's the difference between being a Charlton supporter, and any other kind of media or entertainment.
  • Options
    Don't talk daft Jimmy, nothing wrong with what he said. It's a discussion forum, its natural people praise when things go well, and criticise when they badly don't. It's when it only goes one way, either way, then it becomes unrealistic.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I so admire the people on here who are so 'died in the wool' that any form of team criticism is taken personally by them. But I tell you what, as long as my hard earned cash continues to get put into the club I shall continue to have a gripe when they perform like they did today. Likewise, when they turn in a decent display I shall praise accordingly.

I genuinely wish you wouldn't come then. As low as CAFC's bank balance is, we're better off without you. That's the difference between being a Charlton supporter, and any other kind of media or entertainment.
    That response is just ridiculous. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he should shut up and go away.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Oh don't be like that Jimmy, you are so hurtful!! I am guessing that your comments also apply to the other 2,142 contributors who had the audacity to question Saturday's performance? Just imagine if we all went, you would have the whole forum to yourself and could create your own debates! In turn you would always win the argument - result! ;-)

Come on mate, it's a football forum and a lot of us were gutted after Saturday; ironically, because of our love of this club! 'Reach out and touch faith'. :-)
  • Options
    The thing that really wound me up about Saturday too is the fact that we were on sky. Now I know that we're cack on sky generally. However today at work all I got was "Christ you lot are f**king cack" "you lot must be favorites to go down now surely" "how did you finish 9th last season" now usually I take this with humor at work! But after Saturday everyone was serious!

I might have been horrible on Saturday night and apologise to whom. However that really hurt Saturday..
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

That response is just ridiculous. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he should shut up and go away.

JiMMy 85 said:

Oh don't be like that Jimmy, you are so hurtful!! I am guessing that your comments also apply to the other 2,142 contributors who had the audacity to question Saturday's performance? Just imagine if we all went, you would have the whole forum to yourself and could create your own debates! In turn you would always win the argument - result! ;-)

Come on mate, it's a football forum and a lot of us were gutted after Saturday; ironically, because of our love of this club! 'Reach out and touch faith'. :-)
    Just how I feel! If a supporter turns up to the ground and boos the team, and whines like so many of the people around me do, it's more harmful to the team than supportive. So yep, I'd sooner those people didn't turn up. I didn't mean to infer that on a forum it's the same thing, perhaps I was assuming a little. But I would take a half empty ground of moderate fans than a full ground of whingers. Like the good old days of the 90s!
  • Options

Just how I feel! If a supporter turns up to the ground and boos the team, and whines like so many of the people around me do, it's more harmful to the team than supportive. So yep, I'd sooner those people didn't turn up. I didn't mean to infer that on a forum it's the same thing, perhaps I was assuming a little. But I would take a half empty ground of moderate fans than a full ground of whingers. Like the good old days of the 90s!

Well said....or even a quarter full like the 80's!!!