Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Pathetic

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    WSS said:

What other team could Powell have played?

+ Harriott and Stewart

- Pigott and Wood/Dervite

Not saying it would've won the game, but at least we'd have given it a go.

Edit: Forgot we had 3 centre backs.
  • Options
    Hamer,Wilson,Morrison,Dervite,Wiggins,Cousins,Pritchard,Jackson,Stewart,church,Sordell
    WSS said:

What other team could Powell have played?

• Options

Regardless of the shite on display today and the mistakes that were made by SCP and the players , i'm 100% behind Chris and i see no reason why there should be talk of other managers coming in.

Everyone on this board is 100% behind CP - have a look at the top of the page.
  • Options

If we are in the same division as the spanners next season can we either (1) just give them the 6 points so we don't have to suffer acouple of really depressing weekends, and if not (2) boycott the matches: The team never turn up so why should we ?

Good idea, just forfeit the two games save all that angst and with the money we save have a beano to Margate.
  • Options
    I agree, he couldn't have payed another team because we don't have it. BUT even if we could afford better players that could challenge in the championship I don't think the management have the knowledge to succeed at this level. He grouped a bunch of freebies that smashed league one two years ago and I acknowledge that, but at this level it's a completely different ball game and I genuinely don't think he ha the answers, players or not. The reason why I think that is that is that if he did have the knowledge, he would have at least tried something different today when it went pear shaped. He didn't.
  • Options
    Absolute dross sick of keep getting abuse off my millwall mates. Chris Powell great player as a manger clueless he should of started Stewart and Harriet the pair did more in the 30 minutes they played than the whole team together, he needs to drop Wilson he's more interested in rearranging his hair and moving his hair band, and his love child Pritchard needs to go as well yes he runs up and down but is shit on the ball and inavective with his passes.

After watching that Powell needs to do the honourable thing and fine himself and the players two weeks wages for there lack of enthusiasm and fight
  • Options
    More later on today but we have 3 games to go before the next international break.
  • Options
    Well I'm not 100% behind "sir" Chrissy Powell. People need to take their head out of their arse and realise that this is a serious problem. If you think we are bad now with no money and no investment with a management team who are out of their depth in the championship, wait until next year when we are in league one. You'll be wishing you didn't renew your season ticket.
  • Options
    Powell on the touch line had the same enthusiasm as the players not once did I see him go mental or show any passion at the muppets in front of him
  • Options

You'll be wishing you didn't renew your season ticket.

Sorry but it doesnt matter what League Charlton are in, it doesnt matter who is in charge and what team plays - I'll always have a Charlton season ticket!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Powell on the touch line had the same enthusiasm as the players not once did I see him go mental or show any passion at the muppets in front of him

I really wished we had an animated manager like Di Canio or Stuart Pearce, their teams always get results

• Options
    edited September 2013

Genuinely, what are people's opinions on CP? Personally I don't think he is up to the job. He has no new ideas and whilst the subs were good when came on, they came way way way too late. The fact Piggot started over Sordell was embarrassing. Sordell has 3-4 years experience in playing in fixtures like this and Piggot is just a kid, it showed today.

Stewart came on for Wood in the 57th minute and Harriott and Sordell for Pritchard and Pigott in the 72nd , clearly a change of formation with Stewart coming on with over a third of the match left . How early do you want him to change it and most were calling for Pigott to start over Sordell pre the game because of Sordells poor recent showings for us.....
    Of course SCP has not been getting us up to it yet and he deserves criticism for some of his selections, tactics etc but no matter how wank we are if the previous two seasons haven't earnt him at least till the end of the season then whoever believes that needs their heads testing.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Genuinely, what are people's opinions on CP? Personally I don't think he is up to the job. He has no new ideas and whilst the subs were good when came on, they came way way way too late. The fact Piggot started over Sordell was embarrassing. Sordell has 3-4 years experience in playing in fixtures like this and Piggot is just a kid, it showed today.

Stewart came on for Wood in the 57th minute and Harriott and Sordell for Pritchard and Pigott in the 72nd , clearly a change of formation with Stewart coming on with over a third of the match left . How early do you want him to change it and most were calling for Pigott to start over Sordell per the game because of Sordells poor recent showings for us.....
    Of course SCP has not been getting us up to it yet and he deserves criticism for some of his selections, tactics etc but no matter how wank we are if the previous two seasons haven't earnt him at least till the end of the season then who believes that needs their heads testing.
    It was clear at half-time that we needed a change in formation/players. Look at the match thread, people were shocked he didn't change it then.

But agree that anyone calling for his sacking is way too premature. We're only 7 games or so in.
  • Options

Stewart came on for Wood in the 57th minute and Harriott and Sordell for Pritchard and Pigott in the 72nd , clearly a change of formation with Stewart coming on with over a third of the match left . How early do you want him to change it and most were calling for Pigott to start over Sordell pre the game because of Sordells poor recent showings for us.....
    Of course SCP has not been getting us up to it yet and he deserves criticism for some of his selections, tactics etc but no matter how wank we are if the previous two seasons haven't earnt him at least till the end of the season then whoever believes that needs their heads testing.
    Yup, he deserves that
  • Options
    no motivation in the team we were piss poor time for powell to go
  • Options
    WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

I really wished we had an animated manager like Di Canio or Stuart Pearce, their teams always get results

Yep I preferred it when Pardew came because he had more personality and is more animated on the touch line than Curbs was
  • Options
    WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Haha very good.
  • Options
    WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Doesn't matter it shows you care Powell wasn't even offering words of encouragement or ideas it was like he was in a libary
  • Options
    Maybe the rules should be changed as to when and how substitutions can be used in a match, i.e. there are three allotted occasions in a match when a manager is given the option to make a change (i.e. after 30mins / 60mins / 90mins)

Of course that can be changed if a player goes down injured but whilst the 90mins are in progress the physio (who isnt a part of that players team but a neutral physio who is part of the referees team and its his call whether the player is fit enough to continue to ensure no faking of injuries etc...)

Would certainly make games interesting and would cutback on time-wasting (as hate it even when Charlton use a sub just to kill time) and to also counter that the team has 30secs / 1min to make the swap else they lose the opportunity!!
  • Options
    I remember a couple of games last season when we won powell kept the same formation for the next game and we won that then he kept it again for a third game in a row and we lost. Next game he changed the formation...LOL. it did tickle me..It was like he had found a winning combination and decided to stick with it...If only it was that easy.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

smiffyboy said:

Doesn't matter it shows you care Powell wasn't even offering words of encouragement or ideas it was like he was in a libary
    You think he doesn't care? Weird.
  • Options
    People need to stole being sentimental and realise you have to stop the rot early. Sacrificing a club legend as manager is more important than letting the team fall through the trap door to league one. Why would you give someone until the end of the season if its not working throughout the season? If I performed below par in my job for a prolonged period of time serious questions would be asked of me, I am merely doing the same of CP.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2013
    What would you consider 'par'? 1st? 10th? 15th? 21st?
  • Options

People need to stole being sentimental and realise you have to stop the rot early. Sacrificing a club legend as manager is more important than letting the team fall through the trap door to league one. Why would you give someone until the end of the season if its not working throughout the season? If I performed below par in my job for a prolonged period of time serious questions would be asked of me, I am merely doing the same of CP.

Prolonged period of time ...less than 2 months! Having performed well previously I would expect any employer to give more time.
  • Options

But if someone started calling for your head in your industry when they're not qualified to do your job, would that not leave you hurt / angry?
  • Options

Ask yourselves this question. If parky had played this team would you all be so supportive of the management?

Yep :-)
  • Options
    Curbs had an expression called managing what you've got and that's what SCP did today.

Kermorgant was injured so he played the nearest to him physically that he's got - Pigott.

If he went 4-5-1 with Church on his own (Sordell isn't an option for that) you would still have slagged him off.

It's not Powell's fault that the squad is so threadbare. The Club is potless so he's managing what he's got.
  • Options
    Personally think it was wrong to start the pig but if we would have started marv then people would be moaning about that.

I just cant believe we didnt start with stewart and or harriet. Seeing as kerm didn't play, we still played as If he was up top and nothing got won all afternoon in the air.

We can play it on the deck. We have seen this lot playing on the deck before so I honestly cant understand why from minute 1 today we were launching it up top to pig and church. It was embarrassing.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room pre match as we didnt seem up for it 1 bit.
  • Options
    Maybe Powell was quiet because he was as disgusted and shocked as us. I love the man, think he'll be a great manager for us long term if we can keep him, and think we need to back him to the hilt.

He's got no money to spend.
    He's still working largely with the squad he had in league 1
    He's still managing to keep us out of the relegation at the moment

A couple of weeks ago people were worried he'd leave us to manage England, now they want him gone? That would be a mistake I think.
  • Options
    I fail to see how pigott is the next most physical after kerm, hes about 8 stone, and didnt win a header all bloody game