Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

Comments

• Options

The players aren't playing for CP anymore, once they stop putting a shift in for the manager it can only end one way. Shame, but its only a matter of time before they see him off

or their contracts run out at the end of the season and we have a bunch of new players?
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Powell is working miracles with a League One squad, some people need to wake up to themselves.

This^ add the unrest caused by their contract situations and you have to appreciate the near impossible circumstances he is having to work through.

It's a change elsewhere that is really needed.
  • Options

The players aren't playing for CP anymore, once they stop putting a shift in for the manager it can only end one way. Shame, but its only a matter of time before they see him off

Utter crap
  • Options
    Got us out of league one ?
  • Options

or their contracts run out at the end of the season and we have a bunch of new players?
    How long does SCP have on his contract now ? It's beyond me what is going on with this.

• Options
    Powell is also out of contract at the end of the season.
  • Options
    What astounds me more than anything is the need to pick eachother off with this powell lengend dont criticize shit

Most powell supporters are good posters who say when he is right and say when he is wrong

Yet those who dont like have to comment like they do

Today everyone should be unified in saying that was shit tactically and peformance wise from every person involved in the week leading up to today and todays abysmal shower of guttless bstds

Talking shit about hero and legends is easy but look in the mirror when you get in and get into the training ground tomorrow and look at eachother powell and dyer too have a good look at eachother and your players

Be honest with eachother

Hamer stop giving possesion away cheaply i know you heard me when i told you in the first half cos you looked for who said it

Morrison get in postition marshall your colleagues and distribute the ball quicker

Dervite speed postitioning distribution heading shit today

Woods everything you done was shit

Rhoys and wilson get forward and deliver a ball after you beat your man to a red shirt

Pritchard having an engine aint the be all and end all

Jackson worse game in ages

Stephens best player out there for us but couldve done more

Church no service but the chance that came you fkd

Piggott tried showed and never hid good effort lad

But lets not do this i am right you are wrong bollox
  • Options
    If you think those players gave everything they had today for the manager your fooling yourself, his constant tinkering has lost the dressing room
  • Options
    It was a bad performance all round. Last week we got a brilliant performance and result against Leicester. Had he lost the dressing room then too?

FFS one bad result - and it was a bad result and performance - and we're all slitting our wrists and looking for things that simply aren't there.
  • Options
    The quality of the football under Powell has consistently been poor, but most of the time it's been effective because we are fit, press well and defend effectively.

However it's a higher risk strategy for the manager concerned because fans and owners are more likely to be patient during bad spells of form if teams are trying to 'play the right way' - think Martinez at Wigan for example who hardly set the world alight there, ultimately took them down yet walked into a better job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell fucked up today, should of started with team that ended at Huddersfield, maybe not pig but the others.
    Bored of this no money bull, I don't mind losing but I want spirit and today there wasn't the charlton spirit and that's Powell job
  • Options
    Funny how we all see it differently because I thought Stephens was poor, really poor.

We either play a passing game which means Gower has to come back in (IMO) or we hoof it. Gower is that link between the defenders and our more offensive midfield players/the forwards. He doesn't do anything special but he always shows for the ball and keeps it moving quickly. We are far too one paced in midfield, little energy. Our energy is Pritchard but he spends his energy winning the ball back.

Gower has been bombed out too early.

Freshen it up. Cousins looks good enough to me, get young and old in there, be brave.

Pritchard was not good today but he has been good. He is a central midfielder, not a right midfielder.

Just don't think the players look confident in each other's ability. Hamer was reluctant to dish it out and the defenders seemed reluctant to give it to the midfielders.
  • Options
    Me saying stephens was good means nothing he was good in comparison to the shit saround him a 5 out of 10

• Options
    not exactly its just been poor since hes had no money in the championship the crowd are partly to blame for the long ball as whenever theres any passing at the back the crowd start moaning and thats not just in the last minuite when we need a goal this was before theyd even scored
  • Options
    Theres passing around at the back to retain possession and build then there is passing it around the back because the movement is shit infront of you and you dont have the abilty to gee them up and tell them where you want them
  • Options
    It's 9pm and I'm still shaking with anger, bloomin' Powell
  • Options

Theres passing around at the back to retain possession and build then there is passing it around the back because the movement is shit infront of you and you dont have the abilty to gee them up and tell them where you want them

Yup
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Grow up
  • Options
    The thing which pissed me off the most was when the ball actually got played into midfield they passed it all the way back to hamer who either tripped over the fucking ball or punted it into the stands. also whats with this karate kicking out of hands and then shouting at everyone when you slice it just kick it like a bloody football or roll it on the floor and then pass it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldnt say that but his delivery today was shit
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Funny how we all see it differently because I thought Stephens was poor, really poor.

We either play a passing game which means Gower has to come back in (IMO) or we hoof it. Gower is that link between the defenders and our more offensive midfield players/the forwards. He doesn't do anything special but he always shows for the ball and keeps it moving quickly. We are far too one paced in midfield, little energy. Our energy is Pritchard but he spends his energy winning the ball back.

Freshen it up. Cousins looks good enough to me, get young and old in there, be brave.

Pritchard was not good today but he has been good. He is a central midfielder, not a right midfielder.

Just don't think the players look confident in each other's ability. Hamer was reluctant to dish it out and the defenders seemed reluctant to give it to the midfielders.

I thought Stephens was poor as well. Worse than that, I thought he hid.

I also noticed that the players stopped passing to Pigott. I have some sympathy but it caused us real headaches.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rikofold said:

Macronate said:

I also noticed that the players stopped passing to Pigott. I have some sympathy but it caused us real headaches.
    I felt for the lad today though he tried and never disappeared as others have over the years... Even when they werent passing to him he tried making himself available, he'll learn and come back stronger
  • Options
    I don't think our back three were poor today. It is easy to criticise them for poor use of the ball but they are centre backs for a reason, on the few occasions they tried to play it in to one of our midfield we lost the ball. Millwall were pretty impotent until Morison came on for them. I thought Wood do ok and brought the ball forward well at times as did Morrison.

I'd love for Cousins to play. But one bad game and he'd be shot to pieces on this board. If Sordell had started today and played poorly people would be saying we should have started Pigott.

Our squad is bottom third of the Championship, top six in League One at best. Therefore we will get the results that reflects that.

• Options
    A performance like that is always tbf gonna look a million times worse against the wall or palarse because its who its against. It was bad at the office for everyone.

SCP still has a lot of the players that got us up from League 1 and has had his hands tied since promotion. He may have made the odd error here and there.

He does need finacial support to help us move on. That is no disrespect to the players who got us where are. We were stagnating in League 1 when Powelly came in and he has got to the Championship. I think with money Powelly could do some good things.
  • Options
    Powell has definitely proven what he can do with Freebies (Kermit / Church / Morrison / Taylor / Hughes) all players with the Charlton type quality of someone wanting the chance (a second chance almost) to prove themselves.

He's been able to buy that sort of player as well in Wiggins / Hamer / Wilson etc... with peanuts, would love to see him given a proper kitty like Forest and QPR have had this summer
  • Options

A performance like that is always tbf gonna look a million times worse against the wall or palarse because its who its against. It was bad at the office for everyone.

SCP still has a lot of the players that got us up from League 1 and has had his hands tied since promotion. He may have made the odd error here and there.

He does need finacial support to help us move on. That is no disrespect to the players who got us where are. We were stagnating in League 1 when Powelly came in and he has got to the Championship. I think with money Powelly could do some good things.

There is one problem.with this. It is called Financial Fair Play.

In today's programme, the CFO of Charlton quoted from our figures. Acceptable loss - £4 million. Charlton loss - £3.8 million. So, in effect, CP could have £200,000 more. What difference do you think that would make?

Oh, and the even worse news. The acceptable loss next season? £3 million...
  • Options

There is one problem.with this. It is called Financial Fair Play.

In today's programme, the CFO of Charlton quoted from our figures. Acceptable loss - £4 million. Charlton loss - £3.8 million. So, in effect, CP could have £200,000 more. What difference do you think that would make?

Oh, and the even worse news. The acceptable loss next season? £3 million...
    Bugger, I fogot about FFP, not a concept I'm used to. Obviously them figures don't look great. I briefly saw something in the programme but didn't take in everything.
  • Options
    getting a team to past and play good football is not easy! i tried managering a local team it wasn't easy believe me! i did see bognor regis play crawley once and bognor passed the ball very well in face it was great to watch but they did end up losing
  • Options
    There are some really,really naive, ignorant and downright ridiculous posts on this thread. Today was a real bad day at the office, but the response is simplistic. We're lucky to be alive in Div 1 right now, and as long as we are still here at the end of the season, then SCP will have succeeded. Hopefully the moaners can stop whinging enough to help us achieve that too.