Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

Comments

• Options

I saw woods make only 1 pass all game I saw hamer hit the oppositition or touch line on numerous occasions

I saw church fluff the only real chance we had

I saw wiggins and wilson fail to hit a player with a cross or go past their man effectively

I saw dervite run in mud and head straight upwards instead of away

Are they all out of their depth

Piggot aint yann he is not a battering ram of a forward

He never hid he never stopped trying to make something happen and yes on two occasions his pass or control failed

But no more times than any other shit fuk out there

Jacko and pritch

Woods and dervite

Rhoys and lawrie

Were all looking like league 2 players yesterday and as out of depth as young joe if this is the case

Personally I think it was a little early for Pigott to start a Millwall game, and live on TV to boot. He's a lad with immense potential, but derby games probably call for more experience if you're expected to lead the line. I think out of his depth might be a bit strong, but he was certainly off the pace and looked the raw player he is, with the occasional flash of his talent.

You could see he wanted to give more but didn't have it to give yesterday. Was he the worst player on the pitch? Probably, but there were players out there with fewer excuses for their performance for sure.
  • Options
    Woods hit more wayward passes than any other player closely followed by dervite

Nailed on fact
  • Options
    We played aesthetically good football at the start of the league one winning season. We've rarely played like that since.
  • Options
    Problem is that I think 9 or 10 players played well below par but I don't get the impression that Piggott will offer much more. things like strength won't improve from one game to the next, he just doesn't have it from what I've seen. He's young and technically will improve but I was extremely suprised he started yesterday.
  • Options
    redcarter said:

We played aesthetically good football at the start of the league one winning season. We've rarely played like that since.

I haven't seen us play really good football since Birmingham away last August. I've seen us play effective and even exciting football, but not what I would call good football.
  • Options
    I agree with NLA. Piggott was no worse than anyone else out there the and in fact better than some. He never hid and he tried his best. However, in my opinion, he shouldn't be out there. He's not ready yet. Needs at least six months out on loan to learn the game more, get some regularly football under he's belt etc. there is a player in there but I'm not sure playing for us at the moment is going to help him.
  • Options

I agree with NLA. Piggott was no worse than anyone else out there the and in fact better than some. He never hid and he tried his best. However, in my opinion, he shouldn't be out there. He's not ready yet. Needs at least six months out on loan to learn the game more, get some regularly football under he's belt etc. there is a player in there but I'm not sure playing for us at the moment is going to help him.

Amazes me that anyone thinks the manager doesn't realise that or couldn't see that he needed to come off. I just conclude that he thought, rightly or wrongly, the available alternative option(s) up front were worse.

Let's not forget that prior to the start of the season this forum had a number of people who thought Pigott should play at Bournemouth.

I don't think he was ever ready to start in the Champonship, but Powell has to choose from the players on the basis of what he sees and knows about all of them, which is always more than us.

The criticism he's getting would only be justified if he persists with starting Pigott in the next few weeks with similar effect.

From where I'm sitting none of the forwards except Yann is really good enough, even if they weren't being let down by the midfield.
  • Options
    Joe piggott is a confident lad who in the resies and in training is showing stuff none of us know about or see and i am more fukd off that sordell is showing a total lack of proffesionalism in his approach to us

He was showing more than most in a willingness to improve the game
  • Options

redcarter said:

I haven't seen us play really good football since Birmingham away last August. I've seen us play effective and even exciting football, but not what I would call good football.
    The good, free flowing, attractive football finished with the sale of Paul Hayes and the introduction of Kermo. It would be fantastic to play the same way with Kermo in the team and it should be possible seeing as Church is a channel runner like Hayes. I think CP needs to revisit the footballing philosophy he had when he first arrived as manager.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Trouble is is the 1 player that would really give 100% put his foot in and get the rest of the team going wasn't even on the bench.

When you look at that side we put out yesterday who in there is gonna stand up in the dressing room and tell them to get fucking up for it, who is going to stand in the tunnel before the game giving it verbals eyeing up the other side? No one is the answer.

They've got players like Dunne who WANT to get out there and crunch someone, we don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NSS summed it up yesterday first 20 mins crunch them take a card and move on

Jacko and powell should have done more the others follow the lead they show

The buck stops for yesterday at their feet
  • Options
    That was the main trouble yesterday not once did I see a crunching tackle by one of our players it's like they were scared of them, didn't wanna hurt them in case they got a whack it was embarrassing, when playing when your teammates make big tackles it lifts the crowd and it lifts the team and makes you fight more. We are missing a centre mid with some bite in him and someone next to him with some creativity and yesterday it really showed. Jackson should of been screaming at his teammates trying to lift them trying to get a bit of fire in them.
  • Options
    Our team have a powderpuff approach to the game - with the exception of Yann and Hughes they seem easily intimidated.
  • Options
    Let's not try and go down the path of saying that Millwall bullied us out of it yesterday. I thought for a derby game it was remarkably clean and without any form of physicality. Waghorn's early card for a forwards challenge on Pritchard aside I can't remember anything of note. Given the personnel available on both sides I think if we had have upped the ante on that score then I think we might have come out even more second best than what we did.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Let's not try and go down the path of saying that Millwall bullied us out of it yesterday. I thought for a derby game it was remarkably clean and without any form of physicality. Waghorn's early card for a forwards challenge on Pritchard aside I can't remember anything of note. Given the personnel available on both sides I think if we had have upped the ante on that score then I think we might have come out even more second best than what we did.

They didn't bully us in an illegal way, they just didn't shy out of challenges. How many times did one of ours pull out of a tackle or get nudged off the ball? Far too many for any game let alone a derby

• Options
    Yesterday's game would've been perfect for ric fuller. Just some one to create something out of nothing and give a spark.
  • Options
    Set up a goal for Blackpool yesterday I think
  • Options
    Hamer solly Cort Morrison wiggings
    Stewart cousins Pritchard Jackson harriot kermorgant. --- with Stewart harriot and Jackson realy pushing up and Pritchard and cousins supporting defensively. Would like to see that given a go .
  • Options

Hamer solly Cort Morrison wiggings
    Stewart cousins Pritchard Jackson harriot kermorgant. --- with Stewart harriot and Jackson realy pushing up and Pritchard and cousins supporting defensively. Would like to see that given a go .

Let's just hope they're all injury free at the same time.

• Options

redcarter said:

The good, free flowing, attractive football finished with the sale of Paul Hayes and the introduction of Kermo. It would be fantastic to play the same way with Kermo in the team and it should be possible seeing as Church is a channel runner like Hayes. I think CP needs to revisit the footballing philosophy he had when he first arrived as manager.
    You mean just for the first 4 games before we w3enton that massive losing streak?

Interesting what you say about Hayes, just seen that Reams is suggesting what you have said on ITV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hayes was shite that's why he ended up at brentford
  • Options
    Wouldnt mind frimpong on loan he'll put a tackle in
  • Options

Wouldnt mind frimpong on loan he'll put a tackle in

Lol
  • Options
    The lack of fire in their bellies and the lack of leadership on the pitch and the cowardly approach to the game was very very worrying all of which fall for ultimately in accountability to powelly and the responsibility of jacko and senior players
  • Options
    What would everyone say to PDC?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

What would everyone say to PDC?

I'd say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    What Fanny said!
  • Options
    Once upon a time yes but we have the man to fix this
  • Options
    When parky went I would have taken him. Powell is the man now.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

There are some really,really naive, ignorant and downright ridiculous posts on this thread. Today was a real bad day at the office, but the response is simplistic. We're lucky to be alive in Div 1 right now, and as long as we are still here at the end of the season, then SCP will have succeeded. Hopefully the moaners can stop whinging enough to help us achieve that too.

In your opinion...

I don't agree with all of the comments on here but everyone is welcome to their own opinion. You can argue your case but to label them as naïve is a little ignorant on your own part.
    Really? It's ignorant of me to call someone naive for saying "Anyone can get a team of people playing good, pass and move football." is it?