Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

Comments

• Options
    We havnt moved on in the quality of players we have since we won promotion and I'm sure CP isn't happy with that. BUT there is no semblance of plan in our play. We have no width and resort to hoofball. Stephens and Pritchard are not good enough and we lose the midfield battle every game. We are not doing Piggott any favours and our best, most exciting player is now bench warming. I dont accept that we dont have the personnel for 4-4-2 and the last week and 1 point from a possible 9 is hardly a good advert for the current system. Today was dire and I cant see where we go from here. Questioning CP is more than acceptable in my opinion.
  • Options
    Agree that Powell isn't untouchable, but that doesn't make many of these comments accurate.
  • Options

A performance like that is always tbf gonna look a million times worse against the wall or palarse because its who its against. It was bad at the office for everyone.

SCP still has a lot of the players that got us up from League 1 and has had his hands tied since promotion. He may have made the odd error here and there.

He does need finacial support to help us move on. That is no disrespect to the players who got us where are. We were stagnating in League 1 when Powelly came in and he has got to the Championship. I think with money Powelly could do some good things.

Ob

A performance like that is always tbf gonna look a million times worse against the wall or palarse because its who its against. It was bad at the office for everyone.

SCP still has a lot of the players that got us up from League 1 and has had his hands tied since promotion. He may have made the odd error here and there.

He does need finacial support to help us move on. That is no disrespect to the players who got us where are. We were stagnating in League 1 when Powelly came in and he has got to the Championship. I think with money Powelly could do some good things.

I'm not try to imply it would have looked good against Forest or Ipwich for example because it wouldn't.
  • Options
    Have waited a while for the anger to subside before posting, and haven't read previous posts. I blame the manager today and feel that his position is now under threat. Won't rattle on, he should have changed it at half time and didn't, simple as that. He has forgotten more about tactics than I will ever know, but he got it all wrong today in a match that mattered to us who pay good money to watch them. He also showed little passion from the bench and if he gets it right next match it will just be luck. I love him as a man, but I now question his ability as a manager.
  • Options

I can't believe he didnt start the two wide lads. It's millwall...at home. Go at them ffs. Pull them apart, don't concentrate down the middle with a 3-5-2.

Really pissed off with Powell today and that hurts.

Spot on
  • Options
    they all deserved the verbals they got coming off the pitch today-----------------awful and CP dont tell me you know what it means to loose to these c++ts again as u dont.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There are some really,really naive, ignorant and downright ridiculous posts on this thread. Today was a real bad day at the office, but the response is simplistic. We're lucky to be alive in Div 1 right now, and as long as we are still here at the end of the season, then SCP will have succeeded. Hopefully the moaners can stop whinging enough to help us achieve that too.

In your opinion...

I don't agree with all of the comments on here but everyone is welcome to their own opinion. You can argue your case but to label them as naïve is a little ignorant on your own part.
  • Options
    Tactics and lineup aside, the players didn't look motivated to me. A big worry.
  • Options
    Today was awful and it surprises me that Powell, along with many other managers, don't come out and hold their hands up and say, "Yes, we were sh*t and you are all totally rights to slate us for that performance!"

These players are big enough not to be wrapped up in cotton wool 24/7
  • Options
    Its like our whole season now hangs on Kermorgant being fit or not. Shouldn't be the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If our manager wasn't a playing legend would we be calling for his head?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Today was awful and it surprises me that Powell, along with many other managers, don't come out and hold their hands up and say, "Yes, we were sh*t and you are all totally rights to slate us for that performance!"

These players are big enough not to be wrapped up in cotton wool 24/7

He did use the words "lackluster" and he did say we weren't good enough in the final 3rd. I don't think anyone asked him about the booing fans. Don't think he was defending the performance as such.
  • Options
    Not me got us promoted in first full season stayed up easily in second full season in a league above

• Options
    I got CAFC to prem on FM so it can't be that hard.
  • Options
    I took Thamesmead Town from the Ryman League to the Premier League in 6 seasons.... Won the Champions League in my 7th.

Suck on my chocolate salty balls. Ner
  • Options
    you let us down today powell...piggot so out of his depth its a joke. that starting line up was embarrassing today
  • Options
    Mike said:

you let us down today powell...piggot so out of his depth its a joke. that starting line up was embarrassing today

Or was it the players who let him down?

• Options
    Or maybe the board and the lack of investment let us all down
  • Options
    the team he put out was never going to win that game but yes the players were a complete let down today. it was a disgrace.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

WSS said:

The players were out-battled, Powell wasn't out thought

WSS said:

I think CP got a fair bit wrong today but I get his thinking.

Hence why he was out thought. look I love Powelly. But some seem very quick to find in any available avenue to lay blame before it lands on his door. He had a Shocker today.
    I spoke to Powell at the end of his first half season. The team with Dailly, and Docherty and Benson et al. For our poor showing during that half season he said to me 'I blame myself'.
    Chris Powell will know what he could or couldn't have done better, and he will try to find a plan to be more successful.
    If not Powell, who I admit to being a big fan of so lots of bias, then who? Is there any realistic better alternative available? Steve Brown? The Return of Curbs? Fabio Capello? Owen Coyle? Mark Goldberg? Who?
    I hate the way I feel right now but, some of you may find it weird, I am proud to have Chris Powell as our excellent, but not yet perfect, manager.

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Piggott out of depth how fucking stupid a comment was that

Name one player who didnt look shit today

Piggott is a kid who tried never hid and bar a couple of loose touches was good enough

Its fucking retarded comments like that and the divs infront of me who at every opportuntity to winge and moan at him as why our youngsters do better else where

You know fuck all about football
  • Options
    We can't keep blaming the lack of resources. There are plenty of other clubs who do not have a pot to piss in like ourselves.

The fact of the matter is that today we did not make the best of the talent we have within our squad. The players and management are both guilty.
  • Options
    The lack of of investment hasn't helped but a team less capable that ours can show more heart and battle.
  • Options

Piggott out of depth how fucking stupid a comment was that

Name one player who didnt look shit today

Piggott is a kid who tried never hid and bar a couple of loose touches was good enough

Its fucking retarded comments like that and the divs infront of me who at every opportuntity to winge and moan at him as why our youngsters do better else where

You know fuck all about football

lol hes out of his depth
  • Options
    feel sorry for piggott its not his fault...powells for playing him
  • Options
    A good lesson for him.
  • Options
    Name one cafc player today who was better than him
  • Options

Anyone can get a team of people playing good, pass and move football.

Mindless remark of the day.
  • Options
    I like Piggott and I think he's one for the future, but his afternoon was summed up when instead of running down the wing uncontested, he shinned it into touch. He tried and that's commendable, but he was never ready for his first league start, let alone in a game like today
  • Options

Name one cafc player today who was better than him

Jackson. It was JJ v Millwall today and trust me I'm not the blokes biggest fan. He was the only player today that showed any bollocks.