Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comes out on the 31st October. Whose getting it ? 30quid from Amazon I got it for.

Comments

• Options
    Same but if you have pre-ordered you should get BETA code for this Thursday.I done it last year and once the game has come out you can use the saved game you have been using on the BETA version so its basically just starting two weeks earlier
  • Options
    anywhere know of anywhere cheaper than Amazon? I'm sure I got it for £19.99 last time!
  • Options
    Now THIS is a proper computer game. Usually wait till the first patch and transfer update comes out before purchasing.
  • Options
    Probably will end up getting it, but it's gotten way too complicated! Can never seem to keep on top of everything since 2011.
  • Options
    Anyone know of any major changes in this one? Not sure if I'll bother with this years or not. Got 13, but hardly played it as all my game time is still spent on 12.

Can't beat taking a small non-league team from the 11th tier, all the way to the premiership..................
  • Options
    Yeah some major changes in contracts and transfers from what i gather including offering to loan a player as part of transfer fees and loaning the player back to the club once you have signed them or sold them
    http://www.footballmanager.com/lang/en_GB
    There official site tells you all the changes
  • Options
    The beta is now live
  • Options
    Started playing last night, we finally have our fair share of decent academy prospects, Gomez looks like he'll easily become a Premiership player and Holmes-Dennis looks great, Harriott doesn't look absolutely diabolical for once. Excited to play some more when I get home tonight
  • Options
    The financial Fair Play they have introduced to the game is quality if not a little hard and confusing but it is much more realistic now if you go over budget now you could get into big trouble including transfer embargo's
  • Options
    Ten games to go until the end of season , Charlton are 5th (first season so clearly possible - sort it out Powell!). Fairly direct style of play but I'm working with what I've got. Limited transfer and wage budget but the fans think the football could be more exciting! You lot need to be more careful - first driving Curbs out and now unhappy with me! You lot don't know how lucky you've got it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So you would recommend it as an improvement on last year tricky?
  • Options
    No idea, this is the first FM I've played in about ten years!
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

So you would recommend it as an improvement on last year tricky?

I have got the new FM for about the last 5 years now and I would recommend it
  • Options
    wanna get the new one but i dont want to abandon my Crewe save and my Real Oviedo save on fm 13 :(
  • Options
    Thanks Paulie!
  • Options
    Anyone had an interesting takeover? I've just got to January and a local businessman is in talks with the club (which probably means no money...).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Anyone had an interesting takeover? I've just got to January and a local businessman is in talks with the club (which probably means no money...).

Adam Pearson took me over at the start of the 2nd season. Gave me about £7 mill transfer budget and £200k wage budget. I don't know what to do with all the money! (I finished 16th in my first season, just about survived the chop.)
  • Options
    Haven't got the new one yet. Like that Charlton may get taken over, in all the years I've been playing FM Charlton have never been taken over.
  • Options
    After a ten year absence, toying with the idea of devoting my life to FM once more. Can anyone recommend if the mobile version of the game is any good, or do I need to just bite the bullet and get myself a more up-to-date laptop?
  • Options
    My fairly direct style of play somehow saw us got promoted. Wage bill was increased by loads and got a transfer budget of about 13m. Then after that got taken over by a guy called Simon Blitz (I'd had a couple of takeovers collapse before this) who increased the transfer budget up to 15m.

Like Palace in real life, my squad is heavily underequipped for the prem so I've barely increased the wage bill and have one eye on signing players to help me get back up and younger players who should turn out to be good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Urgh I'm absolutely skint and this has made me want to get it even more. Would be class if some one got a tycoon to take us over.
  • Options
    tricky said:

My fairly direct style of play somehow saw us got promoted. Wage bill was increased by loads and got a transfer budget of about 13m. Then after that got taken over by a guy called Simon Blitz (I'd had a couple of takeovers collapse before this) who increased the transfer budget up to 15m.

Like Palace in real life, my squad is heavily underequipped for the prem so I've barely increased the wage bill and have one eye on signing players to help me get back up and younger players who should turn out to be good.

I was also taken over by Simon Blitz, looks like he used to be the chairman of Oldham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Blitz
  • Options
    how are ebbsfleet on the new game? Are they loaded?
  • Options

Haven't got the new one yet. Like that Charlton may get taken over, in all the years I've been playing FM Charlton have never been taken over.

Had it on old version (FM10 I think) was manager for about 7 years, won the prem title twice, FA cup 3 times, runners up in the champs league. New board came in mid-way through the season when we were about 10pts clear...............and they bloody sacked me because they wanted to bring in their own man.....................
  • Options

After a ten year absence, toying with the idea of devoting my life to FM once more. Can anyone recommend if the mobile version of the game is any good, or do I need to just bite the bullet and get myself a more up-to-date laptop?

The app 'Top Eleven' is great, you generally play 1 game per day (2 if it champions league) and once you get past the 1st couple of seasons its all against real people
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Currently £16.50 delivered from Forest Green fc and Wrexham fc.
  • Options
    got the demo and will be playing that until a period i can afford to get it, shame the "classic" tactics have gone, had to quickly learn the new system of doing things.
  • Options
    I am playing FM14 and a mystery foreign tycoon wants to take over the club, not sure if it will happen as the story is from SLP :)
  • Options
    Any ideas when the IPad app will be out?
  • Options
    Managed to stay up in the second season, through last day drama. Won my last three games (including games against Chelsea and Liverpool!), but only once I'd brought Kermorgant back into the side to play as shadow striker.

Into pre-season now, given £20m to spend. Bought Ben Davies, Sam Byram, Libor Kozak so far, signed Winston Reid on a free and got Nick Powell on a season long loan. Hopefully it will be a bit easier this season....