Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comments

• Options
    Sergi Gomez from Barcelona B is a bargain, solid championship player with potential to play in the Prem. Should be able to get him for about 250K even though his value is 500k.
  • Options
    How is the game since the last update? Haven't got this years yet as I like to wait until January when it's cheaper and they've released a few patches for it.
  • Options
    Had a dabble with this, still a bit buggy. Will wait for the final patch (usually around the end of Jan) before I get properly into this............
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Couple of bargains I signed were from Barcelona B. Centre mid Ilie who partnered Dale was quality, had a decent first season in the prem too. There was a CB I also signed at the beginning from there too, who ended up playing 30+ PL matches the 3rd season when I made it into Europe. Can't remember but think his name was Sergi Gomez? Something like that.
  • Options
    Callum Paterson from Hearts. They don't have much money so they'll sell him. He scored 20 goals for me once I got into the Prem. He was also named European Golden Boy.
  • Options
    Be interested to know what's the best formation others have come up with. For me (so far), it's a 4-1-4-1 attacking style..................
  • Options

An arsenal supporting friend of mine claimed that he is always the Totenham manager just to get them relegated. Every time they sack him he creates a new manager and carries on as spurs manager.
    He boasted that he got spurs to the conference. Whilst I admired his dedication and hatred, has anyone else tried this?

Yep. Done it on an older version with palace. Dropped them out of the BSS after 5 straight relegations........................
  • Options

An arsenal supporting friend of mine claimed that he is always the Totenham manager just to get them relegated. Every time they sack him he creates a new manager and carries on as spurs manager.
    He boasted that he got spurs to the conference. Whilst I admired his dedication and hatred, has anyone else tried this?

In my early years used to make Chelsea buy one of my reserves for a large sum of money...

Not quite systematically destroyed a club though! Not sure I hate anyone enough to put the effort in.
  • Options
    Not too much effort involved really. Just create the worst tactic you can, sell/release as many of their players as you can, bring in a load of crap that are non-league standard at best then just go on holiday and wait for the sack. Just repeat until mission is complete.............
  • Options
    4-2-4 possession. Short passing, slow tempo. Every time. Takes a while to adapt your team to it but once you have you are unstoppable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Be interested to know what's the best formation others have come up with. For me (so far), it's a 4-1-4-1 attacking style..................

Was struggling changed to 4-2-3-1 and am now unbeaten in 7
  • Options
    loaded last night sold solly to hull srephens wilson wiggins to forest devite to derby. starting line up now of: forde. christie (young rb from cov) fitz hall morrow paul robinson spanish mr gower elliot from bristol city keith tracey ml kerm and nimley man city up top signed 3/4 from league1 currently 9th going into december.
  • Options
    Just won the Premier League (by 15 points), the Carling Cup, the Supercup and the Champions League in one season.

Partly due to a geezer i signed last season banging in 61 goals in a season! He fittingly scored the winning pen in the Champions League!

• Options
    Just decided to leave Charlton on 10/1/15
    we was taken over by Simon Blitz(In real life former Oldham Chairman)
    but after 6 months he was still giving me no money and i was on a month to month contract
    Thread bare squad for 4 games in a row i had Joe Gomez Kevin Feely and Morgan Fox starting

Got offered the Watford job although I hate leaving Charlton and normally only do once I have been sacked I could not stay much longer even tho we was 12 in the Championship

Within a week they hired Di Matteo as manager
  • Options
    Anyone play the ipad version?
  • Options
    Has FM 2014 being updated to include our new super dooper takeover yet?
  • Options

Has FM 2014 being updated to include our new super dooper takeover yet?

will do in february.

Got ebbsfleet to the skrill premier first season and i'm halfway through season 2 and top of the skrill premier. The kuwaitis and varney have given me a wage budget increase of £12,000 - essentially doubling my wage budget and giving me a massive transfer kitty if i'd like.

• Options
    Twan van hoof... Really...
  • Options
    A really good free agent on the game who is brilliant straight away, especially his penos, and goes on to be better than Ronaldo, Messi... His name is 'Gary Goals'.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

A really good free agent on the game who is brilliant straight away, especially his penos, and goes on to be better than Ronaldo, Messi... His name is 'Gary Goals'.

Heard he's got a very good track record

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just taken over as Bromley manager.
  • Options
    Any decent tactics/formations for version on iPhone 5 please?
  • Options
    Completed my first season.

Went on a 8 games winning streak and finished the season well. Managed to finish second which meant play offs (only 2 get promoted from conference south).

I sadly lost the semi final 2-1 after both legs... A great season but anguish at not making the play offs.

Sent the players away on holiday and have just signed Edgar David's as player/u21 manager...

Bromley biggest ever signing!! Currently playing a 4-1-2-2-1
  • Options

Currently playing a 4-1-2-2-1

That's the formation I've stumbled upon too. Was originally playing 4-1-4-1 which was working pretty well, but then I changed clubs and realised I was short on wide mids, but okay for wide att mids, so switched to this and not looked back since............
  • Options
    Got Newport to champions league.

Gonna do the same with Whitehawk soon.

I love football manager so much.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I think they should add that in. Would be exceptional banter.
  • Options

Currently playing a 4-1-2-2-1

That's the formation I've stumbled upon too. Was originally playing 4-1-4-1 which was working pretty well, but then I changed clubs and realised I was short on wide mids, but okay for wide att mids, so switched to this and not looked back since............
    Looking round the message boards and it seems to be the most popular tactic.

Started a save with man utd after getting a bit bored with ebbsfleet and wanted to see what it was like managing a big club.

Won the league first season, anyone notice victor valdes leaves barca on a free and no one picks him up? Been giving him trials and keep trying to get him to take a 29 grand a week contract as a backup but to no avail.
  • Options
    Wonder if the update for this means you won't be able to sign your own players?
  • Options
    I'm sure @scoham is hard at work sorting out the affiliate clubs and changes at staff level.