Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comments

• Options
    Came 10th in 1st season with limited money. Mr Slater sold the team to Ray Ranson. Sordell got 25 goals.
  • Options
    However, with my limited budget I failed to sign Morro on a contract. With Slater not giving me any money he had to go. Lets hope this doesn't happen in real life.
  • Options
    I got the sack after 6 months as I was 3rd from bottom wit
    Her Charlton but 1 week later I took over qpr and won the playoff final went up and.Charlton went down
  • Options
    My team

Hamer
    Evina Cort Mandi Solly
    Cousins
    Stephens Jacko
    Stewart Harriot
    Ngoo
    Subs: Turnbull Zalliukas Fox Robinson Green Kermorgant Church
  • Options
    Just got the sack after a 2-1 defeat away to Yeovil , guess whose replaced me?

Yep you guessed it Michael Appleton.
  • Options
    Did the double over eventual winners Reading and got a new contract
  • Options

how are ebbsfleet on the new game? Are they loaded?

Got the game yesterday and just coming up to the end of the first season as ebbsfleet. They dont have loads. Think the transfer budget is 75k and wages are 12k a week. However, when I needed to replace a injured dc and did not have any money, I told the board who I wanted and they bought him without any input from me, and when I asked for more wages, they increased them. So there might be money there as you go up the leagues.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed in both this and fm13, solly gets sold to a prem club within the first 3 weeks. Almost like its built into the game.... or maybe its cause I am down as a charlton fan and they have something that sells the best player of the club you support?!?
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

how are ebbsfleet on the new game? Are they loaded?

Got the game yesterday and just coming up to the end of the first season as ebbsfleet. They dont have loads. Think the transfer budget is 75k and wages are 12k a week. However, when I needed to replace a injured dc and did not have any money, I told the board who I wanted and they bought him without any input from me, and when I asked for more wages, they increased them. So there might be money there as you go up the leagues.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed in both this and fm13, solly gets sold to a prem club within the first 3 weeks. Almost like its built into the game.... or maybe its cause I am down as a charlton fan and they have something that sells the best player of the club you support?!?
    yeah got the demo and started as ebbsfleet. Seems like a decent club to start off with, bottom of the pyramid and money to burn.
  • Options
    Said I wouldn't buy this years one, as I'm still deeply engrossed in FM12 and (apart from a couple of hours before going back to 12) I never bothered with 13. So, against all my better judgement, seeing it on sale for £15 I couldn't resist.

Have just finished my first season with Charlton. Really can't see what Powell's got to moan about, as after selling Solly to Stoke for 2.5m and with just a couple of additions to the squad, I won the title, pipping Brighton on goal difference.

Just built my formation(s), style of play etc around the players I had available to me.

Can really notice the improvements in the match graphics and seems to play with a much more natural look than previous versions. Had some really edge-of-the-seat games, the best one being an away trip to Birmingham. 2-0 down at half time, 11 new arseholes were freshly ripped out before sending them back out to destroy Clarks clowns 6-2. Beating Millwall 4-0 on both ocassions was also pretty sweet.
  • Options
    There was an update out today, bug fixes, match engine improvements etc.

I'm in my second season and in the summer sold Solly to Stoke for £5.5m and Stephens to Sheff Utd for £1.7m. Brought Harry Arter and Josh Wright back to the club. Have played games with a CAFC academy midfield 5 of Green, Wright, Cousins, Arter and Harriott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tango you must give me some tips, I've been Chsrlton manager twice, and got sacked by Christmas on both occasions.

I sold Solly to Hull for 5.2 million on both occasions, I was given an ultimatum by the board of 9 points from the next 3 games, I won the first 2 and lost the next 3 and got the old heave HO.

It just feels plain wrong starting again as Man City boss, now I have been spurned by Charlton :-0

Which players did you sign?

I signed Ross Turnbull, Stephen Gleeson, Stephen Hiunt, Tony Craig and a central defender on loan from Man Utd, as well as Mikael Silvestre on a free.

Wiggins was shocking so I sold him to Palace for 1.5m as well as Hamer, Morrison and Dervitte were also shocking and went for 1m and 1.5m maybe too much change too quickly is what's cost me?
  • Options

Said I wouldn't buy this years one, as I'm still deeply engrossed in FM12 and (apart from a couple of hours before going back to 12) I never bothered with 13. So, against all my better judgement, seeing it on sale for £15 I couldn't resist.

Have just finished my first season with Charlton. Really can't see what Powell's got to moan about, as after selling Solly to Stoke for 2.5m and with just a couple of additions to the squad, I won the title, pipping Brighton on goal difference.

Just built my formation(s), style of play etc around the players I had available to me.

Can really notice the improvements in the match graphics and seems to play with a much more natural look than previous versions. Had some really edge-of-the-seat games, the best one being an away trip to Birmingham. 2-0 down at half time, 11 new arseholes were freshly ripped out before sending them back out to destroy Clarks clowns 6-2. Beating Millwall 4-0 on both ocassions was also pretty sweet.

Where did you see it on sale for £15 mate ?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    se9addick said:

Probably blockbuster not sure about elsewhere but the one in Thamesmead is 50% off everything
  • Options

se9addick said:

Probably blockbuster not sure about elsewhere but the one in Thamesmead is 50% off everything
    A lot of non league clubs sell them between £14 and £15 but they dont get many in store.

• Options
    In my second season I won the league with 106 points and won the Fa cup with a 120th minute penalty by JJ. Pre Season I'd bought Kieren Westwood on a free, Cameron Stewart on a free, Emmanuele Suagher on loan from Atalanta ( He got 21 goals and he's a CB! ) and Eric Tie- Bi on a free. Possibly my best business was selling Ben Hamer for £3m. Preparing for the Prem I've bought notably Emmanuele Suagher for £2.2m and Cameron Paterson, who got 40 goals for Burnley last season, for £3m. I've also bought Gael Kakuta on a free.

My Team
    Westwood
    Solly Suagher Rekik Evina
    Mandi
    Jackson Stephens
    Stewart Harriot
    Paterson
    Bench: Sarr, Tie Bi, Cousins, Enoh, Barazite, Kakuta, Smith ( Yes, Michael Smith. He got 20 goals last season)
  • Options
    Is 14 worth getting? In 2021 on 13 and got bored of winning everything so built a new stadium, sold my team and trying my luck with youngsters... Still 3rd!
  • Options
    Have the Charlton players been edited in the update? If not I'll have to edit Cousins myself.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Got it in the Ebbsfleet club shop..........
  • Options

Have the Charlton players been edited in the update? If not I'll have to edit Cousins myself.

No, there won't be a data update until after the January transfer window.

Cousins developed quickly for me mainly by playing games. Also had Pritchard tutor him to get his determination up.
  • Options
    Alright cheers mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at our squad for the update after the transfer window, would be interesting to hear any thoughts (aside from the obvious improvement for Cousins and decreases for Pritchard).
  • Options
    Wood could do with being improved, I think he's our worst CB on it.
  • Options
    Agree, that was something I had thought about.
  • Options
    I think Alnwick should get improved. He's played well. He deserves an upgrade

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Half price (£17.49) to download on Steam for the next 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Purchased! Haven't played one for 2 years so might take some getting used to...
  • Options
    Got this today! Started as Ebbsfleet, top of the table at the end of october, lets hope i can keep it going.
  • Options
    Anyone I should be looking to sign for Charlton in the first window?
  • Options

Anyone I should be looking to sign for Charlton in the first window?

As poor as he was for us Salim Kerkar was a great signing for me, considering budget is so low he is a free transfer and only wants around 4k he is the best LM in my squad much better than Harriott
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    keith fahey on a free and michae keane on loan from man u have been great signings for me