Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comments

• Options
    Still waiting for January transfer update for this and fifa, I dont wanna play because as soon as they come I will wanna start again
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea when the January update will appear? :-)
  • Options
    Nope, bored of the game now though... Thinking of retiring and taking up golf. Just won the prem with a record 100 points!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Nope, bored of the game now though... Thinking of retiring and taking up golf. Just won the prem with a record 100 points!

Chrissy is that you?

Oh no that was League 1
  • Options

Anyone have any idea when the January update will appear? :-)

I'm thinking end of this week or some time next week. They tend to release it around the beginning of march. Can't wait to see Diego Poyet's new stats and if Jordan Cousins has got any better.
  • Options
    Cousins has been improved a lot.

I did boost Poyet. Then he broke into the first team and I asked for another boost. Think I've going to have to ask for another, hopefully it's not too late.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the update is due? Looking to buy this and use all our new players. How much money will we have to spend Scoham? We spent £500k on Piotr so Roland has some cash available.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I did boost Poyet. Then he broke into the first team and I asked for another boost. Think I've going to have to ask for another, hopefully it's not too late.

smashing! Are we a feeder club to liege and what's the deal with the others in Roland's network? Are they our feeders? Would also be interested to find out about our finances.
  • Options
    I really want this update out soon, really want to start a new game but don't want to get too into anything if the update is just round the corner
  • Options

Anyone know when the update is due? Looking to buy this and use all our new players. How much money will we have to spend Scoham? We spent £500k on Piotr so Roland has some cash available.

Not sure when it's due. Hope it's not too soon so those further changes to Poyet can make it in.

I gave us something like £500k. As we were looking to buy players on deadline day I expect there was a bit available.

Scoham said:

smashing! Are we a feeder club to liege and what's the deal with the others in Roland's network? Are they our feeders? Would also be interested to find out about our finances.
    Yes I made us a feeder club to Liege since we've got several players on loan from them. The other clubs I added as our feeder clubs so we can loan players to them and have first option on their players. They should also share scouting knowledge. It's not perfect but currently there's no way to create a network of clubs, at the moment there has to be a parent and a feeder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a feeling with miles Jacobson being a Watford fan as well and some more of these "networks" popping up I hope we see some kind of facility where owners can own mutiple club and a network.
  • Options
    Polish Pete wants to go Ajax and keeps missing training. Haven't even played a league game. Ajax opening bid was 3.5 million
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what Poyet's and Cousins' stats are now along with the new arrivals.
  • Options

Polish Pete wants to go Ajax and keeps missing training. Haven't even played a league game. Ajax opening bid was 3.5 million

yeah, they've upped i to £5 million and i've asked for £6 million... Peter had a go but i told him to shut it and he apologised. Not much talent in terms of the other affiliates. Almost loaned that 19 year old central attacking midfielder from standard but didnt realise we've hit the limit for u23 loans from the same club.
  • Options
    Senpai said:

It will be interesting to see what Poyet's and Cousins' stats are now along with the new arrivals.

cousins is solid but poyet, although having potential for the prem, isn't champ standard yet.
  • Options
    Also keep trying to get andy hughes to tutor diego, but he doesn't want to know, says they dont get on! Seem alright enough to tweet each other occasionally IRL :)
  • Options

Forgot what thread I was in then and was about to go mad!
  • Options

Senpai said:

cousins is solid but poyet, although having potential for the prem, isn't champ standard yet.
    Too late for further changes as I expected. I couldn't go over the top based on his first couple of games, but as you say he has better potential now so you should be able to develop him.

Not at home so haven't seen the update yet, sounds like PP has had a big improvement if Ajax are bidding £3.5 for him? Was League 1 standard with random attributes in the previous version.
  • Options
    Guess who i have first game of the season :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Gomez's stats and potential have gone up a lot...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Stats yes potential no his has always been very good. It's random with each game though.

There's an official Gibraltar league download if anyone wants to play something a bit different

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232843105
  • Options
    Anyone know if there's a non-league patch out for this yet? When I say non-league, I mean down to grass roots.

I played for ages on FM12 starting in the 11th tier with a club who play just up the road from me called Fleet Leisure, getting them all the way to the premiership and eventually winning the champions league......................
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Haven't bought it this year yet but am tempted to and start a Charlton game and only play existing and academy players and not sign anyone to see what happens and how quickly they develop. If I get the sack then so be it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Stats yes potential no his has always been very good. It's random with each game though.

There's an official Gibraltar league download if anyone wants to play something a bit different

Why is there no Ahearne-Grant? ... The U18 Striker who is so highly rated and plays for England U17
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Senpai said:

Too late for further changes as I expected. I couldn't go over the top based on his first couple of games, but as you say he has better potential now so you should be able to develop him.

Not at home so haven't seen the update yet, sounds like PP has had a big improvement if Ajax are bidding £3.5 for him? Was League 1 standard with random attributes in the previous version.
    scored in the first game against bournemouth and looked really good. He's got potential to be a good prem striker but Ajax and PSV were interested in him from the get-go. Ajax were willing to pay £5 mil for him
  • Options
    Will start a Charlton season soon with the new update, I may have to improve Poyet myself on the editor though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    TravHouse said:

Scoham said:

Why is there no Ahearne-Grant? ... The U18 Striker who is so highly rated and plays for England U17
    Unfortunately u16s or younger aren't allowed to be in the game. Although he's in the England u17 squad he's still young enough to play at u16 level.

I think Shelvey was one of the last u16s that made it in, it's been like that for a few years now.

Haven't bought it this year yet but am tempted to and start a Charlton game and only play existing and academy players and not sign anyone to see what happens and how quickly they develop. If I get the sack then so be it.

When you meet with the board for the first time make sure you agree to have a meeting about philosophies. At that meeting you can suggest bringing through young players from the youth system. You should find the board agree to it. They should be more patient with you if you're bringing through academy players.

If you want to make it a bit easier you could also agree with them to sign young players for the first team. With the links to Roland's other clubs we should have better scouting knowledge of Europe in the game.
  • Options

Will start a Charlton season soon with the new update, I may have to improve Poyet myself on the editor though.

I'll have a look at creating a file to put up for download with a boost to Poyet plus Karlan Ahearne-Grant and George Lapslie added to the u18 squad.

Anyone else spotted something that might need changing?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I'll have a look at creating a file to put up for download with a boost to Poyet plus Karlan Ahearne-Grant and George Lapslie added to the u18 squad.

Anyone else spotted something that might need changing?

I buy this game and FIFA for my son every year.The trade off is that I borrow it to research our signings and young players. I think Scoham does an excellent job.

It has interested me that on FIFA Thuram has a much better rating than Hamer and on FM Koc is seen as an exciting player.Would they perform like this on FM ?