Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Will start a Charlton season soon with the new update, I may have to improve Poyet myself on the editor though.

I'll have a look at creating a file to put up for download with a boost to Poyet plus Karlan Ahearne-Grant and George Lapslie added to the u18 squad.

Anyone else spotted something that might need changing?
    Cheers, has Ajdarevic been improved as well, I think he was only league 1 standard on the last update.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Scoham said:

Will start a Charlton season soon with the new update, I may have to improve Poyet myself on the editor though.

I'll have a look at creating a file to put up for download with a boost to Poyet plus Karlan Ahearne-Grant and George Lapslie added to the u18 squad.

Anyone else spotted something that might need changing?
    Great work as usual Scoham. I know your hands are usually tied with loan players and new players (and we rely on the researchers from their old club for ratings)

maybe you could change a few of the natural positions.

Lawrie Wilson, natural RWB, but possibly change to RM or RW?
    Loic Nego, down as a natural LB (seems to be Mr. Versatile!)
    Astrit Adjarevic, down as a natural CM, but possibly should be an AM?
    Reza, down as a LW, but could be ST?

Obviously just small stuff, the actual ratings are about spot on.

It's a little concerning that Richard Murray is "willing to listen to offers for the club"

and there is a newgen Director of Football, which is a bit strange!

JJ is well rated anyway, but possibly free-kicks (12) and natural fitness (8) could be a bit higher.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure Loic Nego is a right back?
  • Options
    Just looked at AA on the game, It seems I was talking rubbish and there's no improvement needed.
  • Options
    Remembered why I never play friendlies AA and MM injured in first 30 minutes, dreading seeing how long they are out for
  • Options

Remembered why I never play friendlies AA and MM injured in first 30 minutes, dreading seeing how long they are out for

Hollands also injured before HT

got lucky AA and Hollands fine Morrison out for 2-3 weeks

3 friendlies left which I cant cancel so under 18s will be playing all 3 lol.

• Options
    I started a new game tonight and had a quick look. I sold Piotr for £3.5m to Ajax and Pritchard for £620k to Bournemouth. I've been trying to bring in a few youngsters on permanent deals but so far I've not been able to complete any deals. Poyet could do with a slight improvement. Cousins looks much improved. Does anyone know of any good players that could be signed up on a free?
  • Options
    Senpai said:

I started a new game tonight and had a quick look. I sold Piotr for £3.5m to Ajax and Pritchard for £620k to Bournemouth. I've been trying to bring in a few youngsters on permanent deals but so far I've not been able to complete any deals. Poyet could do with a slight improvement. Cousins looks much improved. Does anyone know of any good players that could be signed up on a free?

Nuno Gomes
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've made a few changes in the editor, if anyone wants them you should be able to download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV2ea4lrnw8WEQxUjBDWTVxZzA/edit?usp=sharing

You then need to save the .xml file after unzipping it to your Documents folder in Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data

When you start a new game you should get the option to pick editor files and make sure the file is selected.

Changes are:

- Diego Poyet is now at a similar level to Cousins, and his contract expires in 2014.

- STVV, Jena, Ujpest and Alcorcon all permanent/long term affiliation to match the link with Standard. Otherwise the clubs might end the links in game after a season or two.

- Changed Meire and Murray's tendencies. They will start the game expecting young signings for the first team and development of players from the youth system. Have tweaked others so they'll prefer possession and attacking football over direct and defensive football, disagree on signing high profile players etc.

- Increased Jackson's natural fitness. He managed two games in two days far better than most could have imagined.

- Added Karlan Ahearne-Grant and George Lapslie, both u16s that have played for the u18s this season.

- Made Meire the person that puts money into the club and hires/fires managers. Not sure why those weren't set in the editor as I definitely set it up to work that way.

- Added a RM rating for Cousins as he didn't have one at all.

I've left new players alone for now. Agree on the points suggested but it's still early to be making changes to them. On Wilson I thought he looked very comfortable as a wing back in a 3-5-2 and it's probably he's best position. He's rated 20/20 for RWB, 19/20 for RM and 18/20 for RB. Set RB or RM as his new position in training as well as playing him there and it should't take long to become a natural position.

If you tick "Do not Add Key Staff" when starting a game that should stop a Director of Football being generated by the game.
  • Options
    Cant you just add it to the workshop?
    So much easier to just subscribe to it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

TravHouse said:

Scoham said:

Stats yes potential no his has always been very good. It's random with each game though.

There's an official Gibraltar league download if anyone wants to play something a bit different

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232843105

Why is there no Ahearne-Grant? ... The U18 Striker who is so highly rated and plays for England U17
    Unfortunately u16s or younger aren't allowed to be in the game. Although he's in the England u17 squad he's still young enough to play at u16 level.

I think Shelvey was one of the last u16s that made it in, it's been like that for a few years now.

Haven't bought it this year yet but am tempted to and start a Charlton game and only play existing and academy players and not sign anyone to see what happens and how quickly they develop. If I get the sack then so be it.

When you meet with the board for the first time make sure you agree to have a meeting about philosophies. At that meeting you can suggest bringing through young players from the youth system. You should find the board agree to it. They should be more patient with you if you're bringing through academy players.

If you want to make it a bit easier you could also agree with them to sign young players for the first team. With the links to Roland's other clubs we should have better scouting knowledge of Europe in the game.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Not got around to playing the update yet, but from what some here are saying regarding Pete the plummer, offers being made straight away and him being unsettled, just makes me think it's a bit of lazy programming from FM. All they've done is move them from one club to another.

When you sign a new player in the game, you don't get other clubs approaching you to sell them for at least 6 months and the players certainly wouldn't be getting unsettled by this so early after signing for the new club. So what FM have done is no different than what I can do myself using FMRTE (or the new in-built editor).

I think the better way of doing it would be as follows: The new game starts on the 2nd of July, so why not have all the update transfers arranged for the 3rd of July? That way, they'll be new signings without any of the problems we're seeing with Pete and as the new gaffer, you can welcome the new signings in press conferences.

And for all you lot that take over Charlton, you're putting Chrissy Powell out of a job. How do you sleep at night??? ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    One way to avoid it is to load a new game with a league that starts in February/March and use that start date. That way you're past the transfer window and players can't move until the summer. You also start in February after the takeover actually happened.

I've made a few more minor changes and put the file on Steam Workshop. I've made Gomez slightly better when it comes to pace, composure and technique as I think he was a little low in those areas.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

One way to avoid it is to load a new game with a league that starts in February/March and use that start date. That way you're past the transfer window and players can't move until the summer. You also start in February after the takeover actually happened.

I've made a few more minor changes and put the file on Steam Workshop. I've made Gomez slightly better when it comes to pace, composure and technique as I think he was a little low in those areas.

Scoham. Thanks for all your work on this. Excuse my ignorance but how do we get the file on Steam Workshop? And is the file the same as the link you provided yesterday in a few posts previously?
  • Options
    If you open Steam and find the "Browse the workshop" button you can search for "Charlton" (not sure it's appearing just yet though).

Or you can get it it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233369368

Once you find it click subscribe. In FM itself open the download screen and then Steam workshop. In there you need to click install to download it and make it available to use. Then when you start a new game you should get the option to tick/untick editor files, just make sure it's ticked before you set up a new game.
  • Options
    Cracking Scoham! Thanks for all your hard work, you tend to get charlton and the players spot on! Will restart with the workshop files when I get home today.
  • Options
    Here's an updated Google Drive link if it's easier - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV2ea4lrnw8RDBpTnluS0tDZTg/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Not got around to playing the update yet, but from what some here are saying regarding Pete the plummer, offers being made straight away and him being unsettled, just makes me think it's a bit of lazy programming from FM. All they've done is move them from one club to another.

I dont think they try and pretend that is not what they do though.
    It's just an extra service they do so that we dont have to do it all manually. They dont have to do it if they didnt want to.

Might finally do one with charlton now, will def download the edit on the workshop cheers scoham
  • Options
    Has it been updated on the iPad yet ?
  • Options
    Another thing that always irks me a bit about this game is when you get a new job (esp mid-way through a season when you're trying to save a club from relegation) is that whatever formation you select, the familiarity goes down to silly numbers, even if you select the same formation they've been playing all season. I realise that some of these stats would drop, due to tactics and style of play, but for the actual set up I find a bit silly. Also, (maybe Scoham can answer this) does this also apply to AI managers when taking a new club?

Familiarity also drop considerably in close season. Do the players really forget everything after a 3-4 weeks rest?

Apart from a team familiarity guage, I think it would be good to have them for each player to see how they're adapting the your chosen formations, Which might determine who you play in a certain position, as your best CM might not actually be the best for the role you're asking him to play. This would also be interesting for new signings, to see how long it takes for them to adapt to your style of play.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another update, realised not all clubs in Roland's network were linked with each other. Took a while as the game didn't like one of the links but have managed to get it working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV2ea4lrnw8cVNzcFpoYUMtU0k/edit?usp=sharing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233369368
  • Options
    @tangoflash not really sure how that works but I agree. Unless you sign a lot of players I'm not sure why familiarity should drop in pre-season.

I think there were some changes in that area in one of the earlier updates, but I can't remember exactly what was supposed to have changed.
  • Options
    just sold Harriott to Celtic for 2.5 Million
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    Scoham said:

@tangoflash not really sure how that works but I agree. Unless you sign a lot of players I'm not sure why familiarity should drop in pre-season.

I think there were some changes in that area in one of the earlier updates, but I can't remember exactly what was supposed to have changed.

I think the way to look at it is that an empty bar does not represent 0 tactical familiarity but more like 70% of efficiency.
    Its that extra drilling in that is the difference between winning games I guess.

Thats how I understand it anyway. A bar representing roughly the last 30% of efficiency.
  • Options
    Just brought this, downloaded Scohams update. Gomez attracts alot of interest. Anyone recommend some signings?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ronaldo aint too shabby...........................
  • Options
    Managed to get Junior Stanislas on the cheap for about 600k for the right midfield slot. Scored in his first 3 games as well. Polish Pete has finally got his toys back in his pram and is scoring goals. The affiliate link with the Spanish club seems to have disappeared suddenly though. I've got the Scoham update as well. Any reason why this happens or is it a bug?
  • Options
    Great game. I took Thamesmead Town from the Ryman league to the Champions league in 6 seasons....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Finally getting into this. Downloaded the Scoham patch and took on the recommendation of starting in February (did this by adding Swedish leagues to my save).

Obviously having already generated 30+ games, the squad was in a random placing (15th, okay) with random injuries (Ajdarevic and Parzyszek both out for 6 weeks, great!) but am very much looking to see the season out, hopefully finish in the top half and push for promotion the following season. Church already had 12 goals for the season lol.

Using a 4-2-3-1 formation which the squad took a couple of games to adapt to but now have put together a couple of convincing wins. I've got Harriott and Hughes back into the first team squad in the absence of Ajdarevic and Koc (who I sent back to Liege) whilst demoting Jordan Cook to the U21s. Sending back Koc freed up a youth loan, and so I have Vellios in from Everton with a future fee clause of 100k. 2 goals in 3 appearances so far might well mean I make that a permanent switch in the summer window.

---------Thuram---------
    Solly Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    -----Hughes Cousins------
    Wilson--- Jackson--- Harriott
    ---------Vellios----------
    subs: Hamer, Nego, Cort, Poyet, Reza, Church, Sordell
    squad: Wood, Pritchard, Hollands, Ajdarevic, Parzyszek