Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 14

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:

dizzee said:

Do you think any football managers play football manager?

Would be like asking a binman if he wants to download the binman app and do his job again as a game simulation.

Sounds like a great app, what's it called?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Players I signed for Bournemouth in the prem that did well:

Dan Burn
    Winston Reid
    Will Hughes
    Carlos Carmona
    Juraj Kucka
    Le Fondre
  • Options
    Paul Pogba's team: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2664580/Paul-Pogba-likes-look-Chelsea-shirt-picks-Blues-midfield-Football-Manager.html

Jese
    Hazard Oscar Mata
    Pogba Lampard
    Asamoah Cahill Ivanovic Azpilicueta
    Cech

Subs: Banega, Schurrle, Eto'o, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Willian, Luiz

• Options
    When you are playing the always warn you about FFP but dont worry you will be fine

was playing it and was 20 million over FFP, then got a message from the board saying that we have a new 1 year sponsorship worth 20 Million,
    that was a few season ago then last night I was 56 million over FFP and got the same message this time a 1 year sponsorship worth 56 Million

Obviously FM have put something in the game to stop you getting punished for failing
  • Options
    Effectively that's cheating though. You'll end up like Pompey or Rangers
  • Options

I would never ruin this club, the reason I went 50 Million over was I managed to sneak us into the Champions League and was trying to hold on
    It started well first 6 games 16 points
    finished the season bottom with 19 points lost the last 19 games in a row

in the year 2023 now Chris Powell been Leicester Manager for about 5/6 years
  • Options
    How have you managed that? Thats an impressive losing streak.
  • Options

I have no idea, tried changing tactics, changing players nothing seemed to work, even brought Solly,Poyet Cousins back to the club in January never really helped
  • Options

I have no idea, tried changing tactics, changing players nothing seemed to work, even brought Solly,Poyet Cousins back to the club in January never really helped
    That's probably why. Changing the team and tactics too frequently will hamper results.
  • Options

That's probably why. Changing the team and tactics too frequently will hamper results.
    Was not done on a game by game basis i left it 4/5 games each time plus the focus was on tactics in training so when I did change it, the players had enough time and nothing seemed to work at one stage I played a 1-5-1-2-1 so sweeper 5 defenders and a DM and still lost 4-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

Was not done on a game by game basis i left it 4/5 games each time plus the focus was on tactics in training so when I did change it, the players had enough time and nothing seemed to work at one stage I played a 1-5-1-2-1 so sweeper 5 defenders and a DM and still lost 4-0
    That is weird. Did a good old fashioned back room advice or team meeting not work? Did you stay up in the end?

• Options

I would never ruin this club, the reason I went 50 Million over was I managed to sneak us into the Champions League and was trying to hold on
    It started well first 6 games 16 points
    finished the season bottom with 19 points lost the last 19 games in a row

in the year 2023 now Chris Powell been Leicester Manager for about 5/6 years
    Chris Powell ended up at Liverpool on my save in the year 2020

• Options
    If in doubt always revert back to a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 counter attack, keep it Rigid if you're struggling. Just shore it up and then build from that. Keep passing short and retain possession.
  • Options

That is weird. Did a good old fashioned back room advice or team meeting not work? Did you stay up in the end?

Nope finished bottom looked in records I was equal to Derby's record of games without a win
  • Options
    @Scoham.. any chance of an update patch with the new signings? maybe big George Tucudean aswell.. thanks mate!
  • Options
    Any chance of not using steam?
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

@Scoham.. any chance of an update patch with the new signings? maybe big George Tucudean aswell.. thanks mate!

Is it not worth waiting till 15 comes out now
  • Options
    Probably best looking for a summer update that will include all other transfers, managerial changes, promotions, relegations etc. Not had a look myself but I'm sure there will be a few out there.
  • Options
    All these new signings are making me want to play! October is too long to wait until..
  • Options
    New signings are rated by their previous club's scout. Like the year Mikel Alonso was listed as our best player. Probably better waiting for the January update so Scoham can do his thing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there is now a summer update
    go to Steam click on workshop and there is something called The sixth day summer update

its strange Bikey, Ben Haim, Gudmundsson, Moussa, and Ansah there but Vetokele, Tucudean and Henderson are not on there

and Joe Gomez is wanted by prem clubs

the leagues are updated for this season as well
  • Options
    I put them all in myself last week, 5th favourite according to the bookies, signed a guy called Rasmus Wurtz and nabbed Lingard on loan too, in the playoffs so far, decent
  • Options
    Only just started 2014 as the kids forgot to buy it for me for my birthday, latest version I have has Rezza and co from last season currently just into the new year sitting 2nd in the table and kicking ass, There must be a glitch thou as Shitewall are 3rd .
  • Options
    Need help. I accidently made the whole of my first team available for the under 21s in a pre season friendly now I've got them all playing for under 21s and the first team. Any idea how I take them off being available for the 21s?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Go into the Under 21's, select them all, right click, and it should have a tick next to U21 squad, just click Senior Squad.

If you have "made them available" then you just have to go to where it says "make available for reserve squad) and retick the box that is ticked, which then unticks it.

Tick tick tick
  • Options
    Finally won the premier league with Newport the other day.

Maybe Pulis is getting jealous of me? You can thank me later.
  • Options
    SI are looking for a Welling researcher if anyone knows someone that might be interested

www.sigames.com/news/14340/Latest+research+vacancies
  • Options
    Anyone able to help me, I've started a new game but can't find Vetokele gudmonsonn. Do I have to download some settings or are they simply not on the game?
  • Options
    You will need to have the Dutch and Danish leagues available to manage in to sign JBG or Vetokele.
  • Options
    Went to the pub with Miles Jacobson (director of SI and head honcho at FM) the other day. He did a talk at the Apple store on Monday and then invited everyone there to the pub after, most didn't go but I duly obliged, really nice bloke, huge Watford fan as is my friend I went with so they hit it right off. Iain Macintosh the Guardian journo was also there, never met a bloke who wasn't a Charlton fan with such high praise for Chrissy Powell. I mentioned the Welling & Dartford scouting jobs to Miles and he said they ideally want people who go to reserve and youth games.

As for finding Vetokele & Gudmonsonn it's a case of having those leagues available or what database size you selected at the start. You can add the Dutch and Danish leagues in at the end of the season and I believe it updates with the players.