Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most irritating commentators

Listening to Clarke Carlisle co-commentating on the Forest v Wet Sham game and cringing. Can't stand his voice keep thinking he's Gary Barlow. Got me to thinking who has the most annoying voice among the commentators. I find Tyldesley objectionable. Completely up himself. Owen is just monotone. Alan Smith is a curiosity - you wouldn't give a blind bloke a job as a lollipop man so why give a commentators job to someone with a speech impediment? Not meaning to be speech impediment-ist, just sayin. Any takers?

Comments

• Collymore
  • Yeh both these blokes on ITV are rubbish... Did Carlisle go for a smoke at one stage as for about 15mins in the first half only the main bloke was talking (Let me to believe that ITV could afford to have (or couldnt be bothered to have) two commentators for this match
  • Andy Townsend and Michael Owen.
  • Michael Owen, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
  • Jamie Paterson just came off for Notts Forest. The commentator said and Martin Paterson is coming on for Nottingham Forest...
  • Emma, Emma and Emma - In that order
  • Jamie Paterson just came off for Notts Forest. The commentator said and Martin Paterson is coming on for Nottingham Forest...

Yeah thought I heard that... Swear I also heard him say... Matt Derbyshire is getting ready to come on to replace Martin Paterson who is coming on
  • I love Clarke Carlisle.
  • I love kylie minogue :-)
  • Michael Owen is excruciating to listen too , he's gotta be back in the studio next season and then just jogged on , useless
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Collymore

This. A thousand times, this.

• edited January 2014
    Brian Moore .. rugby .. he's a spluttering, stuttering idiot .. Tyldesley just won't shut up... the original pub bore/know all ... and Jonathan Davies .. rugby .. a screeching, high pitched voice made for scaring animals and to make little children burst into tears .. there are others, but these 3 are the worst
    EDIT .. I forgot Carra ... w t f .. I'll say no more (I wish he'd do the same) .. ((:>)
  • Tony Green on the Darts
  • I don't watch Scottish football. But the fella who commentates on it for sky, who's English incidentally, is shocking.
  • ^^^ and him !!!!
  • Those commentators who use the phrases "smuggling the ball" and "ran into traffic"!!
  • From a football side, Michael Owen is very poor for me. Otherwise I bloody hate Ian Botham.
  • Henry Blofeld .. cricket .. poncy, posh voice, talks a lot of old bollocks and is as blind as a bat .. err ummm errr errr ummm I can't quite see who that is errr ummm .. other than that he is terrific .. him and Boycott, two septagenarians who are well past it and should have been pensioned of by the BBC years ago .. why ever are these useless old buffers kept on ?
  • Alan BLODDY Green.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycott knows more about cricket than anyone. He may be brash and self opinionated but he knows the game inside out, and he understands modern cricket too.
  • Henry Blofeld .. cricket .. poncy, posh voice, talks a lot of old bollocks and is as blind as a bat

I've warned you about this before sunshine.

No SOUP FOR YOU!

• Blofeld is a great character and raconteur but Lincs is right about his eyesight, it's appalling and he misses loads.
  • I don't mind Alan Green on R5 Live: he calls a spade a spade and if the game is boring he says so. Yesterday during his commentary on Arse v Spuds he said (in relation to Fifa's stance on diving): "This is the only sensible thing Sepp Blatter has said for 150 years."

Football commentators and analysts have got to stop saying "There's no question about that" after every utterance. There's no question about that.
  • David Pleat
  • I want commentators to commentate. I don't want their opinions. Leave that to the experts. Green is too keen to tell the world what he thinks and frankly I nor many care.
  • Every time this subject comes up, I can't help but rant. I detest the employment of ex-players as pundits despite a lack of vocabulary, insight or personality.

Clarke Carlisle believes his own hype as 'the most intelligent footballer to have ever walked the Earth because he went on Countdown once".

Whenever a TV channel shuts down their football (ITV Dig, Setanta, ESPN) their replacement hires Jon Champion and Peter Drury. I have absolutely no idea why. Champion never stops talking, his sentences, go on, as if this sentence, is the best sentence, that has ever been orated, during these times of man's ability to communicate to one another, through the power of vocals... etc.

I do really like Ray Wilkins, Barry Davies, Martin Tyler (except when he does that "ROOOONNNEEY!" thing with half-an-eye on it being played back during some Sky anniversary show in ten years time) and even Alan Green (I grew up with his voice on 5 Live so never bothered me, but do get why it bothers others).

As for presenters, Jake Humphreys is a smug twat.
  • Don't understand the OP's objection to Clarke Carlisle who I think is excellent and provides some useful and insightful comments. It helps that he says things in properly constructed sentences too: thus highlighting what a useless idiot Andy "For Me" Townsend actually is.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

As for presenters, Jake Humphreys is a smug twat.

This 100%. Keep expecting 'young' Jake to be joined on the panel by 3 puppet/cuddly toy sidekicks waiting to hear about the latest victim to the gunge tank.

• JohnMotson. That little laugh. Does not let the game get in the way of a few facts. Total twat.