Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most irritating commentators

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    My ears are fecking bleeding.
    An outstanding game of football absolutely ruined by the verbal nonsense coming from Peter Drury.
    Just commentary on the game ffs 😩😩😩🙄
    Having to listen to Carragher does my head in.  He never shuts up.
    Carragher is a wanker. I detest the man. I hate everything about him. Not only his voice, but the way he uses it. I will never, ever leave the sound on when he's talking, I will watch the game in silence. 

When I was at Sky I was in a meeting where we were all reminded that we had to behave when commuting. They told us that if we did anything wrong on the train to or from Sky, we would be treated as though we had done that thing at work. I think someone had got into an altercation or something at Brentford station. Either way, it was made clear to us that such instances would result in getting sacked. Six months later Carragher spat on a girl when driving home from work. 

Before that we were doing a Christmas thing and we got some of the Sports presenters to talk about their favourite movies on camera. We even got Souness to sing. But Carragher bitched and moaned about giving us 30 minutes of his time all the way through. Even Souness told him to stop moaning. 

When he pauses and looks into the middle distance like he's trying to think of something profound about someone over pressing I am reminded of just how pretentious modern punditry can be. 

Those are all of the reasons I hate Carragher. I probably could have stopped at "Carragher is a wanker" but I feel better for sharing. I've been bottling this up for too long. 

One rule for them and another for the 'normal' folk.

Carragher is rightly/wrongly seen as an asset for Sky, so he will of course get preferential treatment that the average worker wouldn't. An office worker would've been fired for the spitting incident. 

In the same way that Man Utd continued to keep Greenwood contracted to them, but if that was an office worker at Old Trafford he'd have 100% been fired. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I really enjoy the punditry on ITV's NFL Show with Osi & Jason. They've got so much energy and insight and they seem so well prepared. Our football pundits seem to turn and just chat bollocks like they were sat in a pub. 
  • Options
    Micah Richards - if I were to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, I’d find that funnier than Micah.
  • Options
    Going to another sport but please can cricket stop using Kevin Pietersen on Comms. The absolute ego on him. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Micah Richards - if I were to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, I’d find that funnier than Micah.
    That whole TNT/BT sport line up they have is awful. All the fake laughter is so annoying.
  • Options
    They are mostly commentating for the clips that go on social media, so everything has to be fantastic in case something is. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Croydon said:
    arny23394 said:
    That whole TNT/BT sport line up they have is awful. All the fake laughter is so annoying.
    I like the Champions league lineup for CBS. Carragher, Richards, Thierry Henry and presented by Kate Abdo.
  • Options
    Its got to the point where I can't watch football on TV. The fashion for a commentary team, at least two "experts" per game. When did we ever need that? The commentators seem to want to make every game sound like its pure excitement and a classic when 99% of football supporters know 99.9% of games have little or know excitement especially for the neutral. The women commentators I find the worse, they can speak at that level that makes the sound of a dentists drill soothing.
    I don't get to watch many live games any more, but even when I do, I haven't watched pre or post match punditry for about five years now and I have lost nothing. I will listen to the Guardian Football Weekly for that kind of stuff (even though Barry Glendenning is the laziest broadcaster I have ever heard). Even then, football journalists think they're fucking artists and take themselves way too serious. 

Ignore the pundits and turn the sound of - or sync it with the radio. That's the way forward for me! 
  • Options
    I always have the commentary on, knowing I don’t have to agree or disagree with everything said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Its got to the point where I can't watch football on TV. The fashion for a commentary team, at least two "experts" per game. When did we ever need that? The commentators seem to want to make every game sound like its pure excitement and a classic when 99% of football supporters know 99.9% of games have little or know excitement especially for the neutral. The women commentators I find the worse, they can speak at that level that makes the sound of a dentists drill soothing.
    I don't get to watch many live games any more, but even when I do, I haven't watched pre or post match punditry for about five years now and I have lost nothing. I will listen to the Guardian Football Weekly for that kind of stuff (even though Barry Glendenning is the laziest broadcaster I have ever heard). Even then, football journalists think they're fucking artists and take themselves way too serious. 

Ignore the pundits and turn the sound of - or sync it with the radio. That's the way forward for me! 
    Sky, many many years ago it was an option just to have the crowd and no commentary. If only we could turn the clocks back and return to actual watching the game. And also get shot of that awful VAR nonsense. 
  • Options
    Jonathan Pearce was on Football Focus Saturday.
    ”Alex I can see you have two of my heroes in the studio and I have another one of mine pitchside”
    He was referring to Chris Sutton, Leon Osman and John Salako. Good job I had a light breakfast. Cringing.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I think Simon Brotherton is the best in the business.
    Well informed without being smug. Intelligent without being alienating.

I was at school with Simon, he was in the same class with me & Dave Beckett (who commentates on so many ITV-related football shows including the EFL Highlight show). I remember one birthday party I had was with Simon, Dave & another boy - who finished High School by murdering 3 old age pensioners & serving a life term (19 years actually)...
  • Options
    Sam Matterface gets on my nerves. Carragher is an idiot, a true idiot. When he started doing games he was awful and he he hasn't got any less irritating. And he gobs, when he isn't gobbling at children his party piece was to fire snot-rockets onto hotel walls and floors 
  • Options
    I loathe Carragher - I have to turn the sound off when he is commentating
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I think Simon Brotherton is the best in the business.
    Well informed without being smug. Intelligent without being alienating.

I was at school with Simon, he was in the same class with me & Dave Beckett (who commentates on so many ITV-related football shows including the EFL Highlight show). I remember one birthday party I had was with Simon, Dave & another boy - who finished High School by murdering 3 old age pensioners & serving a life term (19 years actually)...
    strange way to graduate. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Sam Matterface gets on my nerves. Carragher is an idiot, a true idiot. When he started doing games he was awful and he he hasn't got any less irritating. And he gobs, when he isn't gobbling at children his party piece was to fire snot-rockets onto hotel walls and floors 
    Really?!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I really enjoy the punditry on ITV's NFL Show with Osi & Jason. They've got so much energy and insight and they seem so well prepared. Our football pundits seem to turn and just chat bollocks like they were sat in a pub. 
    Yep compare it to some of the guys in the cricket where they have so much interesting stuff prepared and offer real insight and passion for the ins and outs of the game.  I know they often have hours more to fill etc but it's chalk and cheese.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have never had sky television mainly because I wouldn’t pay for something that also had advertisements interrupting programmes (not having them on Netflicks is one of their good features).
    However with the advent of smart televisions and catching up, it is now possible to watch the recorded football like match of the day and fast forward through the talk.
  • Options
    Mowbray hopefully won't ruin Gladiators as well...
  • Options
    Mowbray hopefully won't ruin Gladiators as well...
    I heard today Clattenburg is the ref.
    No way am I watching that then 😩🫣🙄
  • Options
    My ears are fecking bleeding.
    An outstanding game of football absolutely ruined by the verbal nonsense coming from Peter Drury.
    Just commentary on the game ffs 😩😩😩🙄
    Having to listen to Carragher does my head in.  He never shuts up.
    Surprised you can understand him.
  • Options
    Jermaine Jenas hosted the Formula E coverage for TNT, replacing Vernon Kay. 
  • Options
    Jesus wept. 
    This guy on sky doing Man U v Spurs. (Is it Peter Drury?)
    Still persisting with that thing he does where when there’s a half chance at a shot, he simply screams the player’s name. Not only is it REALLY fucking annoying, but it’s also the most transparent attempt to get himself a ‘Martin Tyler “AGUEROOOO” moment’ you’ll ever see. Pathetic.

Just fucking stop it, you utter helmet.
    SKKKKKIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Jesus wept. 
    This guy on sky doing Man U v Spurs. (Is it Peter Drury?)
    Still persisting with that thing he does where when there’s a half chance at a shot, he simply screams the player’s name. Not only is it REALLY fucking annoying, but it’s also the most transparent attempt to get himself a ‘Martin Tyler “AGUEROOOO” moment’ you’ll ever see. Pathetic.

Just fucking stop it, you utter helmet.
    SKKKKKIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    That was absolutely ridiculous, for a start Skip was nowhere near scoring, but more importantly the Aguero moment wasn’t really iconic because the commentator screamed his name. It was iconic because someone score a very late winner to clinch the Premier League for his club in dramatic circumstances. If Skip had scored for Spurs in a run of the mill January league match against a mediocre Man United it wouldn’t have been quite the same.