Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most irritating commentators

Comments

• Options
    I like Drury, gives a shit about the game
  • Options
    I like Alex Scott, but she goes goal updates of FIFA 22 that make my teeth rattle
  • Options
    Ian Danter is getting annoying and pretentious nowadays bused to quite like him.  Likewise Jonathan Pearce who decided unilaterally  yesterday to pronounce “Posticoglu” different from everyone else including the man himself. 

To be honest, they are mostly pretty irritating but then again I’m easily irritated. 
  • Options
    Think this thread has missed the biggest elephant in the room.
  • Options
     come back Emma all is forgiven.
  • Options
    Wouild that be female commentators?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Wouild that be female commentators?
    No.
  • Options
    Any woman on a traditionally mainstream male sport, football, cricket and rugby.

No apologies, I am a dinosaur, child of the 60's, RIP of the XX's...

Doe's not sound legit to me.

Don't worry CL outrage support team we'll all be gone one day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from the cricket, Soapy, I'm with you.

The screeching is what gets me - it can be nothing short of painful.  Females naturally have voices in the higher registers, so when it gets exciting we are sometimes treated to glass-shattering levels of squealing. Luckily, in cricket there is a certain level of decorum, which is generally maintained by all commentators, regardless of sex, so this does not happen.  Also, the female commentators on TMS know their stuff and it shows, whereas when I get some token bint womansplaining the basics of football based on her vast experience of under 12-equivalent level football  I just feel sorry for the other pundits who have to sit there and pretend to respect their professional input. 

On the above note, Karen Carney has been roped in to Sky this season and she reminds me of the kind of footballer moron turned uninsightful pundit who used to be more common decades ago, even though we all thought that we had moved on from that.  Carney makes Clinton 'token' Morrison look like a Nobel Prize winner and that is saying something, but quotas gotta be filled, I suppose.  There are plenty of intelligent and knowledgeable women out there, why the hell does she keep getting the gig?  It truly is mystifying.

• Options
    Surely commentators are supposed to supply actual helpful information.
    I can't think what the purpose of a pundit is. I might be the only person who thinks they add nothing to the experience.

• Options
    Watching MNF and Karen Carney is superb
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Who was commentator for our play off matches a few years back?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Surely commentators are supposed to supply actual helpful information.
    I can't think what the purpose of a pundit is. I might be the only person who thinks they add nothing to the experience.

Commentators are there to describe what's happening. Pundits are there to add variety, interest, insight and expert knowledge. That insight and expert knowledge might be a keen awareness of the rules of the game, of strategy and tactics or of the business of football. It might be that they know particular players well and can add insights as to their part in the match or it might be that they have some interesting anecdotes about the characters involved in the game. Alternatively, it might just be be that they can chat shit to fill dead air. In my experience, that last one is where our pundits really excel.
  • Options
    Terry Smith & Greg Stubley.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I think Simon Brotherton is the best in the business.
    Well informed without being smug. Intelligent without being alienating.

• Options
    United game last night, commentator says 'I would say coming up to halftime but with the new rules we don't know until the board goes up'.

Err we've had the extra time board for quite a few years now.  
  • Options
    Lee Dixon.

I have suffered enough. Not funny. Self deprecation used for narcissism, poor insight, doesn't read the game, basic vocabulary, adds nothing, voice grates. An absolute shyster.

There; got that off my chest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rachel Brown-Finnis, just talks for the sake of talking and adds nothing to any commentary 
  • Options
    My ears are fecking bleeding.
    An outstanding game of football absolutely ruined by the verbal nonsense coming from Peter Drury.
    Just commentary on the game ffs 😩😩😩🙄
    Absolutely agree! Verbal D,,,,,h
  • Options
    An outstanding game of football absolutely ruined by the verbal nonsense coming from Peter Drury.
    Having to listen to Carragher does my head in.  He never shuts up.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dunno who it was but thought the commentator on the Wet Spam v Forest game was awful.
  • Options
    Don't know who was interviewing Palmer & Sterling but that was so awkward.
  • Options
    Bloody Carragher tonight....

OhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHooooooo

OhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHooooooo

OhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHooooooo

Literally like he spends the entire game stroking his man piece then Peter Drury goes into Tennyson/Shakespeare mode and grabs him a bit too tightly...
  • Options
    Think he must get paid by the word. Lee Hendrie is another one, why use 5 words when he can use 50.