Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most irritating commentators

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I like Peter Drury, he clearly loves the sport, and knows he's lucky to be working as part of it 
    Whaaaaaaaaat?
    If he loves it, tell him just talk about it in plain language then & not like he’s swallowed a thesaurus.
    Its so painful to listen to 😩😩😩😩😩😩
    I know, I just think he's a bit overexcited, I still prefer to listen to games on 5Live with the like of Jon Murray, Ian Dennis and Conor McNamara 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Ron Atkinson was the best co commentator - no contest  
    Every contest actually. Maybe Ian Wright has an opinion as to the measure of that particular person, or Marcel Desailly.
    That was an unfortunate incident there was no way back from but i'm satisfied that Big Ron is not racist and we have been robbed of a very entertaining commentator ever since  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Didn't he used to commentate with Elton Welsby? Used to like him, or did I just make thar up.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think he falls into the 'Celebrities you didn't realise were still alive' category. 
    Too young. only 84.
  • Options
    Peter Jones was my favourite -  crackly radio commentaries of Liverpool away behind the iron curtain somewhere, jumpers for goalposts etc etc
  • Options
    If Joel Dommett ever takes up football commentating, I'll look for another sport. My god, his voice annoys me.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Every contest actually. Maybe Ian Wright has an opinion as to the measure of that particular person, or Marcel Desailly.
    That was an unfortunate incident there was no way back from but i'm satisfied that Big Ron is not racist and we have been robbed of a very entertaining commentator ever since  
    I remember the comments of Clinton Morrison reporting of the booing at the Millwall v Derby game when the players took the knee.

• Options
    Dion Dublin talks incessantly. Also, how does Clinton Morrison get so mich work, I find him almost incoherent.
  • Options
    Dion Dublin talks incessantly. Also, how does Clinton Morrison get so mich work, I find him almost incoherent.
    Only "almost" incoherent?
  • Options
    They are doing it for the clips on social media not the live viewer of the game. They want to go viral. And they have probably been told to do it like this rather than actually wanting to. 
    Never mind "viral", some of these idiots need infecting with a virus to put us out of misery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Detest Jamie Carragher, Terrible commentator!
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Watching the Brizzle City v West Spam replay.
    Jonathan Pearce, no fecker wants to hear about players so old that they once nudged about a pigs bladder in the mud.
    Just talk about the very good game of football that is happening in front of you ffs!
  • Options
    Detest Jamie Carragher, Terrible commentator!
    After the spitting incident he should have been outed.
    If not permanently certainly for a long period.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Peter Drury. The master of the hyperbole. I’m not a fan!
    He’s the latest in a long line of hyperbole merchants I’m afraid. Davies started it and it’s been carried on by the likes of the lamentable Tyldesly and Mattersmug. Ian Danter is getting into the habit too sadly as I used to like him. All we need is someone with a decent voice to describe what’s going on and provide the info we need. None of this listen to how smart and smug I can be nonsense. Sadly, Robyn Cowan who I think is probably the best commentator out there in terms of knowledge and content has a completely unlistenable voice, especially when she gets excited. It’s quite a hard thing to get right I imagine. Easy to be critical but I bet most of us would be rubbish at it too.  I just turn the sound down now or use the stadium noise option where it’s available (Amazon). 
    Spot on.
    I had a go whilst on a tour of BBC Wales.
    2 minutes of trying to commentate on a Ireland v Wales 6 Nations game I’d already seen.
    Had an absolute nightmare.
    Great fun & I’d have another go in a heartbeat.
    But it’s not my forte.
    It's so much harder than it seems! I commentate on my own videos, except it's not commentating, cos I write a script then record each line so really it's narrating. Someone got me to do some actual commentating on a charity match and I started doing all the things that annoy me. It's really hard not to do the cliched stuff! 
  • Options
    Jonathan Pearce, no fecker wants to hear about players so old that they once nudged about a pigs bladder in the mud.
    Just talk about the very good game of football that is happening in front of you ffs!
    My thoughts exactly. Thought Tom Kerridge was good though!
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison is appalling, no idea why his Sky contract keeps getting renewed. Even my wife who has little interest in sport says WTF when he is on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My thoughts exactly. Thought Tom Kerridge was good though!
    Danny Gabbidon really does sound like him it’s spooky!
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison is appalling, no idea why his Sky contract keeps getting renewed. Even my wife who has little interest in sport says WTF when he is on. 
    Innit.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?
    Atkinson was a crap commentator and is most definitely racist. He even has a "Racist comments" section on his Wikipedia page. 
    A dinosaur from a bygone age. Good riddance.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Another commentator I really appreciate is Ian Darke, excellent for the boxing and has just the right vocal balance to handle an old firm derby with the same aplomb and craft as he would Gillingham v Northampton 
    He is first class, had the pleasure of driving him a couple of times and he’s a real gent. Pompey fan, very knowledgeable 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?
    Atkinson was a crap commentator and is most definitely racist. He even has a "Racist comments" section on his Wikipedia page. 
    he might be racist by your measure but not one that means anything
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?
    Just the measure that quite rightly saw him sacked & disgraced.
    I feel pretty secure with the measure that regards referring to a fellow human being as a "f***ing lazy thick n*****." as racist.
    Another publicised Atkinson quote from that same Wiki section: 
    "The Chinese people have the best contraception in the world - their women are so ugly. I can't understand why there are so many of them."

Not racist by your measure then? Is that you Jim Davidson?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?

Amazing how Morrison is still employed.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    It is a real skill saying something interesting and if you are paid to comment, you can't shut up until you have something interesting to say. I do like opiniated co-commentators as even disagreeing with something said engages you. I like listening to Ian Wright with his passion, and Gary Neville who isn't scared of saying something controversial. The other trick when you have said something is not to keep going on about it as it can quickly become boring.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?
    Just the measure that quite rightly saw him sacked & disgraced.
    I feel pretty secure with the measure that regards referring to a fellow human being as a "f***ing lazy thick n*****." as racist.
    Another publicised Atkinson quote from that same Wiki section: "The Chinese people have the best contraception in the world - their women are so ugly. I can't understand why there are so many of them."

Not racist by your measure then? Is that you Jim Davidson?
    U need to lighten up - big Ron was a laugh a minute character, not a member of the klu klux klan, however unfortunate some of  his language might have been 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    seth plum said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Is this satire?

Amazing how Morrison is still employed.
     Clinton Morrison is embarrassingly inarticulate - a bit like Paul Elliot - I  like wrighty and Micah Richard’s though they are there on merit