Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Valuable three points.

Tactical genius playing Jackson and bringing on Astrid to provide the spark ;-)

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Now all I need is for Palarse to get thumped by Man Utd to make my weekend.....
  • Options
    What a true leader. Always gets the crucial goals. Sign him up with the gaffer.
  • Options
    WOW!!
  • Options
    Absolute quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally delighted, Astrid and Poyet are the midfield for us to dominate a few games and get out of trouble...
  • Options
    Wooo Bloody Hooooo
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    republishing on here from match thread

match stats addicks first-:
    possession..........34% - 66%
    shots on.............. 3 - 0
    shots off............. 11 - 12
    corners............... 5 - 2

GOALS................... 1 - 0
  • Options
    Powell nailed it today, top tactics and subs. Let him build a team this summer Roland!
  • Options
    That was brilliant. CP got his subs spot on today and at the perfect time. They were starting to get on top at that time. AA is class and helped turn that game around. And JJ pops up again when you need him. Brilliant.

So pleased for Chris as well.
  • Options
    What a relief! Massive 3 points that brings us back in touch with some of the teams above. Let`s push on and climb this league table now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jackson a million times better from when powell took him off the wing, poyet wilson and AA quality, morrison one of the best games ive seen from him, battled everywhere and even saw him pressuring in their half aswell, brilliant
  • Options
    Watched on the tv link. The picture was a but slow in catching up at times but it showed all i needed to see. We were giving it all we had and that pitch is aweful, but we didn't give up. I thought when Atrid's attempt on about 90 mins produced a great save that that was the moment, so when the ball came over for JJ i couldn't believe it. I nearly hit the roof and so did my two cats (poor things). I'm so in love with CP and Charlton tonight. Not felt this good since walking out of Hudds in 4th round. CP looked really emotional. I know our/his means everything to him.

So gutted i can't go to Hillsborough on Monday now, as i'm working. Got tickets and live 4 miles from the ground. Oh well, i'll have to make sure i get tickets for Utd, as we're going to Bramhall Lane. Come on you REDS!!!
  • Options
    Brilliant win, well done team and well done Chris.

Was just my imagination that Powell seemed to spend longer waving to the crowd afterwards, right?...
  • Options
    MOTM: Johnnie Jackson
    Diego Poyet just behind that for me.

Subs were for once spot on, not defensive, keep in the game and use flare and skill. Astrit definitely an inspired sub. Players were throwing themselves about and tackling well, Astrits shot at the end deserved a goal in itself, then he matched it with an as good cross. Lovely morale booster, legs up, massages and onto Monday lads!
  • Options
    Those substitutions completely changed the game, played football l, kept the ball on the floor which was nice to see.

You can tell ajdervic oozes class. Will be a big player if used correctly.... Specially mention to Jackson who deserved that goal for the hard work he put in today.
  • Options
    Great performance from all the lads including the management team, we outplayed a premier league squad and Captain Jacko to the rescue, just loved that celebration.

Now let's take that fighting spirit and complete one half of the Sheffield double on Monday, COYR!

• Options
    I dont think this is a relegation worthy team, need to build on this performance and finish like we did last season. The only thing holding us back is the quality of the strikeforce - not sure Tudgay is the goalscoring answer - but solve that problem and we should be OK.
  • Options
    no complaints from me. great spirit shown by all. i dont know why cousins cant drop to full back and push wilson to right midfield. wilson and poyet were immense today. AA made a diffrrence although looked unfit. thought our fans reaction to thuram was a disgrace. good to see morro give him a big hug at the end. need to use this as a springboard.
  • Options

MOTM: Johnnie Jackson
    Diego Poyet just behind that for me.

Subs were for once spot on, not defensive, keep in the game and use flare and skill. Astrit definitely an inspired sub. Players were throwing themselves about and tackling well, Astrits shot at the end deserved a goal in itself, then he matched it with an as good cross. Lovely morale booster, legs up, massages and onto Monday lads!

Jacko will be buzzing from this and thats going to be a massive morale booster for the team as a whole...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be first time for a while that the bottom three all won. Both Barnsley and Yeovil did us a favour. Millwall and Rovers are within reach now. Maybe, just maybe, we can do this (of course we can).
  • Options
    The players worked their socks off and got the result they deserved. Great to see the "old" Charlton hard-work ethic working again. QPR a big disappointment to all their travelling fans. More points ahead if we can keep this momentum up. Totally "made" the weekend. Now for the Cup. More please CP.
  • Options
    Bet that dressing room is buzzing. Just what we need going into Mondays game.
  • Options

Both Barnsley and Yeovil did us a favour. Millwall and Rovers are within reach now.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw those results...............
  • Options
    Get in there you beauty's.

• Options
    What a difference a last minute goal makes - totally different atmosphere leaving the ground.

Good substitutions today, although I thought Church deserves a lot of credit for the shift he put in.

Think Adjarevic is going to be key between now and the end of the season.

Need to look beyond whatever happens on Monday, as we are more than good enough to stay up.
  • Options
    Over the moon

Onwards and upwards.

Get in
  • Options
    Apart from the double hit-post we hardly threatened for the first 80 mins. AA came on and transformed the game. He should be the first name on the team sheet from now on. In fact, all three subs had a telling impact. Before that we just about kept QPR out with some solid defending aided by their profligate shooting. just one point behind the scum with three games in hand. Can't wait for Monday now!