Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

Comments

• Options
    Right. My post-match views are coming from not having seen my beloved in a long time, and I saw them on a questionably-sourced stream today.

We did not look as good as QPR in the first half, certainly. They have some fantastic players, many of whom seem to have attitude problems. No doubt in my mind that if Ravel Morrison screws his head on right he could be a top class player. Hoilett's a good player, didn't always seem interested though. Tom Carroll looks like a good prospect for Spurs. Armand Traore was quick and lively - scared me whenever he had the ball, as did Morrison. Second half as it got more open, I got simultaneously both more scared and more hopeful. We played some good football, as did QPR, but we seemed, I don't know, just a little more interested.

Green totally effed up for the goal IMO.

As for us - Thuram doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. What he did with Maiga looming down was horrendous. Otherwise - Poyet (old school mate and I will be milking what small footballing/otherwise knowledge I have of him for more than it's worth) looks like the real McCoy - or that he will be, especially once his ability matches his mentality and vision. Astrit looks class, Cousins looked as good as he always has done, Jackson was fantastic and a proper captain today, Green... yeah. Defence (don't know why I started with midfield) - solid. Wiggins is such a reassurance, Wilson looked solid, Morrison had some really class touches as well as being your standard centre back. Dervite was quiet - but who cares? Clean sheet. Up front, I think Reza could have done better with that chance, Church was industrious if a bit lacking in edge. Tudgay - didn't really see much of him, also the player quality was questionable at best so yeah. Pleased. Very pleased with it all.

We need Hamer back in goal, and perhaps some unity up front. We don't reeeaaallllyyy concede many; we just haven't really been able to score this season. Otherwise I don't see a reason for us to be in trouble.

Bring on the Wendies.
  • Options
    Can anyone who was there comment on how Powell was at the end of the game? I was watching the stream and at the end it showed him sitting alone in the dug-out. He actually didn't look that happy, but I'm hoping it was a face of a man that was totally drained of all emotion.............
  • Options
    Great score to come back in doors to,. We'll done Powell and the team...
  • Options

Can anyone who was there comment on how Powell was at the end of the game? I was watching the stream and at the end it showed him sitting alone in the dug-out. He actually didn't look that happy, but I'm hoping it was a face of a man that was totally drained of all emotion.............

I saw it on the stream too. I wondered just what he was thinking and I was a little concerned. Someone else suggested that it was to allow the players to soak up the cheers.
  • Options
    wow!!!! listening on player trial!! i went f**king mental!!
  • Options
    First the positives : obviously the result. Work ethic and good performances from four or five players. There are also negatives. Big CP fan but picking Green and Church ongoing is going to get him sacked. Tudgay and Ajdarevic changed our game. Captains goal yet again but if we get in two more quality loans I can't see where JJ sits in the team. Poyet is absolute quality.
  • Options

thought he looked mentally drained and was just taking a minute to compose himself
  • Options
    Get in there

Only saw the result a few mins ago as my phone died. Last min winner for CAFC and Johan ran 3/4 length of the pitch to smash home in within 5 minutes today.Won 4-1. Happy f*cking Saturday

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A tepid first half and, for most of the game it looked like ending up 0-0. We certainly got QPR on an off day, although it appears that they've had quite a few recently.

CP's substitutions were absolutely spot on and turned the tide in our favour. For me, Cousins was MOM, although Wison, Morro, Wiggins, AA and Jackson were also excellent.

Donny and Millwall are right back in it now. Our main problem is that we are impotent up front, although Tudgay showed some nice touches in his cameo and hopefully he will offer more than Church or Reza did today.

Only our second Saturday home win this season - what a great feeling
  • Options
    Not a huge difference from the Birmingham game in my view, except in the most important respect. I assume Ajdarevic has a fitness issue. Hard to see why he wouldn't start otherwise based on what we've seen of him so far. Still need to solve the goal scoring problem but tonight I'm happy as Larry and much happier than Harry.
  • Options
    Jackson, the knackered old man does it again .. a terrific and morale boosting win, although I did expect it against a plummeting QPR outfit .. roll on Monday and a win in Yorkshire
  • Options
    Oh Chris Powell was happy all right hugged all the ground staff especially Paddy Powell.
    What a result Cousins, Wilson, Morrison stand out but great team performance and the subs worked although at the time I thought taking Cousins out of midfield was a mistake.
  • Options
    McCartney said:

Oh Chris Powell was happy all right hugged all the ground staff especially Paddy Powell..

That was a beautiful moment when they met on the pitch at the end
  • Options

Bring on Wednesday!
  • Options
    I need a lie down.
  • Options
    Take back everything I was thinking when I saw the line up before the game , poyet, cousins and wilson all superb. Jackson's legs have gone but to pop up with that goal at the end was priceless , not felt a buzz like that at the end of a game for a long time. Onto Monday night now COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me:

No point in using Green,Thuram or Church, if other options are available - none of them is good enough for this league. Reza still has a lot to do to convince me. Jacko should not play wide left.

Should play AA for the physical presence
    Poyet is excellent
    Cousins gets better all the time
    Wilson - best game in a long time.
  • Options
    Fantastic defensive display - still on cloud nine! Gave QPR nothing!
  • Options
    Great finish to a great game. Thought they were poor, their Green didn't want to kick the ball. All his goal kicks were short to a defender and it took us about 75 mins to realise and push up and make him kick long.
  • Options
    It doesn't get better than an injury time winner. Really deserved the winner, hit the post twice and Green had to play well, the only saves Thuram had to make was when he made his huge error.

Poyet was MOM, as per usual Jacko when his role is questioned up he pops with an important goal. `Need the excitement at the end to be built on, this may be the turning point of the season.
  • Options
    I'm so buzzing after that
  • Options
    Great result and a massive 3 points!

- Ajdarevic is class and clearly a cut above this league, if he doesn't start games in future it'll be an absolute crime. Composure on the ball like his really stands out in a game like that.
    - Poyet looks a great prospect, had a strong game.
    - Morro and Dervite both had good games, neat and tidy defending at key moments.
    - Thought Tudgay looked good when he came on but hard to tell whether Ajdarevic coming on had a lot to do with it.

All in all it's looking a lot brighter if Powell can start picking our strongest XI
  • Options
    Should say though - we played well and there were some great individual performances so taking nothing away from the lads - but QPR have a serious attitude problem which helped our cause.

They clearly had more quality, but they played like they had the right to win rather than putting in the graft to make it happen.
  • Options
    Clearly flying in the face of popular opinion here but up until the substitutions and moving into the middle of the park I thought Jacko was absolutely pony. Constantly out of position and leaving Wiggins exposed 2 or 3 vs 1 on several occasions. JJ needs to play in the middle or not at all. That being said, once he was in the right position he looked more like the player we know and love and of course he popped up with a priceless winner.

Rest of the team looked good with the notable exceptions of Thuram and Green, who should never be allowed near the first team again IMO. I thought we played the better football and apart from that one chance near the end we never looked like conceding. QPR looked poor but I don't know if that was down to us or not.

All in all, great game and great result.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If I was a QPR fan or their Chairman I would be absolutely fuming. Their wage bill is through the roof, they have a squad full of big name players and to be brutally honest they were shite.

To be honest it was a nothing game until Astrit and Tudgay came on. Both added something and Astrit is absolute quality in my opinion. Tudgay looks like a proper player and will definitely add something.

I'm still not convinced that we are going to score enough goals to stay up, we certainly won't with Church and Reza playing together. Church I don't rate at all and Reza has far from impressed me so far. Would like to know what is going on with Piotr. He came with a big reputation and hasn't had sniff.

The keeper is a complete enigma. To be fair the back pass that led to his cock up was a bullet hit at him and it looked to me that Dervite apologised after the event. He then comes up with that save just before we scored. Really needs to work on his kicking.

Probably the best performance I have seen from Wilson at right back. Poyet was good again and nice to have Wiggins back.

Powell got it right (eventually) today. Couldn't understand the inclusion of Green and still don't. The bloke is pony.

Celebrations after Jackson's goal have probably added another couple of weeks to my knee recovery - it has swollen up like a bastard again......cheers skipper.