Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

Good to see that Simon Church mentioned on twitter the impact of the crowd. It seemed to me, sitting me in the East Stand, block G, so very close to the Covered End, that the crowd were willing the team to score in the last 20 minutes. I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but I could sense a goal was coming. But, man alive, the celebrations. The young fella in front of me fell over about three seats in sheer joy. I may have even had a little dance with him.

agreed, I said to my son with 15 minutes left that I sensed a change in the game and we could win it ... nice to be right for a change
  • Options
    That poor steward had no chance johnnie Jackson what a lad.
  • Options

There's a guy that sits 3 or 4 rows in front of us who goes early most games & as usual he left with 5 mins left, just wonder how he is feeling now.

For me I have never grabbed as many random people in my life when that goal went in, I am now an old man but it made me feel like when I was a teenager.

Thanks boys.

I left on 79mins Pete so wasn't me
    Felt brilliant let out a big cheer on the big smile on me face for go od couple of seconds
  • Options

I almost can't remember the last time I got this excited during a game (perhaps our 4-0 home win against West Ham in February 2007). Of course it is not our first victory this season but it is the first time that I've seen us win, live, with my own eyes, for a long long time. And I'm so glad I can finally really participate in the post-match views thread.

I think we were definitely the better side despite we had less possession. Well, I'd say so even if we'd got just a 0-0 draw. We didn't play too badly in the first half and we totally shined in the second half, especially the last 25 minutes. I loved almost everyone in the team. Needless to say JJ has always been one of my favourite players, while Wilson and Wiggins have become my new favourites after this game. Everyone else played really well, too. The only position I do worry about now is our goal-keeper. Thuram made one good save but he almost cost us 3 points with the mistake in the second half - I think you all know what I'm talking about. In hindsight, maybe hitting both posts in the 13th minute was a blessing in disguise - QPR would've pushed harder if they'd fallen behind early on. But then again, they were so so poor in front of the goal throughout the game.

Overall a tremendous effort by the whole team and I'm confident to say that we'll stay up as long as the players keep this level of hard work in every remaining fixture. IF, we manage to stay up AND get past the two Sheffield teams in the cup, I think this season could be considered as a success. It was quite emotional to see SCP sitting on the bench alone and quietly for at least half a minute in the end. I sincerely hope this victory is going to be our turning point of the season. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

By the way, Churchy's performance was a bit disappointing but it did remind me of the thread about him being a winger. Not saying his crosses are great but he's definitely got the pace. He doesn't seem to get his next goal any time soon so maybe we can benefit from playing him wide? - erm, just a humble thought. I could be totally wrong considering I've seen only two games this season.

SO pleased you were able to "be with us" yesterday, Jessie ! The lads must have known though & turned up the heat at the end with you in mind !

Loads of "likes" on here too ! Shows just how much it means to have you on board.

xx

Thank you Jean :-) Nice surprise that my post got so many likes! Really appreciate it. Just wish I could watch every match and then come on here and talk about it with people. So I'm desperate for us to be promoted to the Premier League!
  • Options
    If we'd scored in the 1st half (one of those shots that hit the post) it would have been Wigan all over again, 11 men behind the ball, defensive substitutions, and no doubt late heartache.
    Instead, we gained momentum as the game went on, and opened up, the crowd woke up and it was a grandstand finish.
    On that basis, I hope we don't score early tonight!
  • Options

If we'd scored in the 1st half (one of those shots that hit the post) it would have been Wigan all over again, 11 men behind the ball, defensive substitutions, and no doubt late heartache.
    Instead, we gained momentum as the game went on, and opened up, the crowd woke up and it was a grandstand finish.
    On that basis, I hope we don't score early tonight!

I commented to my brother that we were better off not scoring then - for the reason you stated. I said ideally we wanted to get our goal as late as possible. Fortunately, that is how it panned out!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Did anyone else immediately think the goal would be disallowed? No justification for it, just we don't score last minute winners so there must be some reason to strike it off

Yes! I looked straight at the ref, and wondered what he was up to, especially when he took a yellow card from his pocket, but it was only something to do with the celebration I suppose. After several seconds it sunk in that the goal was going to stand.
  • Options
    Anyone else have flash backs of Steve Brown's edge of the box tackle in the playoff final when Diego Poyet put that meaty challenge on Onnure
  • Options
    When you watch the highlights like that they're an incredible display of footballing incompetence from both sides. I can't stop laughing. Imagine those highlights with the Benny Hill music over them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The nuttybonkers crowd reaction to the goal will live with me for a long time. Reminded me of the Dicky Rufus goal at Wembley celebrations.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLOnw3Kk1Y

Let's just take a second to go back to Saturday's result. Atmosphere giving me goosebumps.