Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

Comments

• Options

Can anyone who was there comment on how Powell was at the end of the game? I was watching the stream and at the end it showed him sitting alone in the dug-out. He actually didn't look that happy, but I'm hoping it was a face of a man that was totally drained of all emotion.............

He was as ecstatic as the crowd and the players. He did high fives with Astrid (who helped change the game) and JJ at the end, he encouraged the crowd when cheering and clapping. All in all, looked as drained but elated as us all. COYRs
  • Options
    Nice little interview on SSN with JJ. Looked delighted
  • Options
    Tudgay wasn't the best technically but chased down when he mis touched the ball, and looked for space and pointed himself out, which is good. Astrit was a class above in the confidence he came onto pitch with, without him on the pitch 100% we wouldn't be looking at 3pts.

Can't wait for FLS tonight for the first time this season.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You've got to love an injury time winner, nothing beats it.

Well done the boys and Chris - he got his tactics, formation and subs absolutely spot on in the second half.

And for all those who write Jackson off again and again, THATS what he brings to the side.

This, basically. I love it when the team gives the crowd something to shout about, the atmosphere builds and the team are inspired.

Games like that make it all worthwhile.

(Couldn't believe how bad QPR were)
  • Options
    Whooooo! That's a relief .

I had a feeling we win this all week.

Poyet and Cousins were outstanding in central midfield .
    QPR were very poor . They passed the ball around but with no end product .

Thank god for Jacko.
  • Options
    Got a last minute freebie to the Arsenal game today. Just completely embarrassed myself jumping up and down shouting Yesssssssss when news of our winner came through at a point where absolutely sod all was happening at the Emirates. Oh well, worth the embarrassment.
  • Options
    Buzzing after that game! Man it was close!

Thought Poyet was awesome. We need to give him a contract before somebody else does!
    Thought JJ was having an average game before he banged in that goal, so I take back the negative thoughts I was having until then.

Subs were bang on and early enough to bring the change they needed - credit where its due on that too.

Just need to hear the sound of fountain pen on paper for a new contract for the Gaffer.

I have a feeling this is our turning point. Bring it on!!!

COYA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just stuck a tenner on us going up, what a result
  • Options
    Harry has just said that his team couldn't shoot there way out of a brown paper envelope and he should know ;0)
  • Options
    Poor old Arry, got his tactics wrong again. That's three games running. You watch him blame the players on the FL show tonight. Fancy trying to play tippy-tappy football on that pitch. And to think the press wanted him as England manager!

CP on the other hand, excellent game-plan and tactics. He got the team selection wrong to start with, but we got there in the end with the double substitution on 60 mins.

Poyet & Cousins were magnificent as a central midfield pair, both with and without the ball. Outplayed Carroll & Jenas.

Still in the bottom three- so not getting carried away. We can't afford to keep Thuram in goal - he will cost us points. We got away with his error today. Every point is vital.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    QPR had players who acted like they were premier league players but they played like championship players.
  • Options
    We defended very well today but had nothing up top. Brilliant fight last 20 mins from us.
  • Options
    Great win and performance but anyone else think church is robbing a living ?
  • Options
    Love watching that clip above and how the rest of the players go mental and sprint after Jackson. Brilliant.
  • Options
    The pitch is diabolical but it was a real leveller against a team with better technical players - not sure if it will help us as much against the likes of Barnsley and Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Until stoppage time I thought that we could end the season conceding just 5 more goals, but scoring 0, and then I was proved wrong. The midfield and defence were absolutely fantastic today. Absolutely amazing... With special shouts to Wiggins, Wilson, Poyet and Cosuins.

Powell made substitutions early which arguably gave them more time to impact the game.

Green shooting from where he did, it was absolutely outrageous.

Thuram is probably not good enough.

Wilson is absolutely fantastic, completely devoted to the cause. I thought a lot of players put in their performance of the season today, I couldn't fault a few of them.

Church and Reza look exceptionally lightweight and didn't trouble QPR one bit.

Harriot is a great impact sub.

I can count the amount of times I cry in a year on the fingers on my knee... But when that goal in I found myself fighting back tears for the next 30 minutes... It felt like it was written in the stars... I just felt completely overcome with emotion all of a sudden... And in that moment I believed for the first time in weeks we really could stay up.

Our defence and midfield are more than good enough for this division.

My thoughts pretty much, well put.

• Options
    stevec said:

Just stuck a tenner on us going up, what a result

You put A tenner on us going up? I have some magic beans to sell you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The stats say it all, it's not how much ball you have it's what you do with it. In a game of very few chances we had the all the clear cut opportunities against a team of overpaid muppets who let their fans down badly, lazy lazy rangers, just as they were in the reverse fixture.
    Anyway who cares about them, my message to everyone involved with the club today is this. Take this feeling, bottle it and bring it to every game for the rest of the season. Do that and not only will we be ok, but we may also get a day at at Wembley.
  • Options
    not having that mike, church worked his nuts off
  • Options
    Great win, went mental when the goal went in. Thought everyone worked their socks off. First half we let them work the ball from the back a bit too easily, straight from the off in the second we pressed them much higher up the pitch and they didn't like it. Poyet looked the real deal amongst some big names. Thought Morrison had an immense game at the back, cannot understand anyone who thinks Jackson shouldn't be playing, he was a leader today.
  • Options
    See 'appy 'arry blaming the pitch in his post match, bore off you over rated mug.
  • Options

not having that mike, church worked his nuts off

Thought he had a good game as well, absolute 110% effort - defended from the front. Service into the strikers wasn't really there, so not sure what else he could do.

My take on Reza is that as a poacher he will score goals in good teams dominating possession & consistently feeding him chances in the box - which is probably what he is used to in the past.

As a target man isolated from midfield does he have the strength/guile to get the better of the Dunnes & Onouhas of this world?
  • Options
    Jackson just on sky sports. Superb. Said things haven't been going well for us recently alas the double shots on post but then with the pass back mix up it changed things for us.
    He said the team has been galvanised all week and hada. Great week of training.
    Seeing this win as a catalyst towards staying up.
    No celebrating tonight as getting ready for the massive game on Monday.
  • Options
    Great result.
    We won as we wanted it more. We battled for every first, second, third ad fourth ball. Pressed as a team, kept our discipline, played it simple.

Great team performance!
  • Options
    Powell got it wrong.

How could he start with Green when AA was on the bench!!!!!! Bizarre choice but hopefully that is bye bye Danny, thanks for your efforts and good luck with which ever league two you join in the summer.

Meanwhile; great result fully deserved. QPR did not have a shot on target and their best chance was gifted to them by a shocking Dervite back pass and even worse thuram clearance.

But we got away with it and all three subs had a positive impact.

AA and Tudgay we know about but Harriot deserves a mention too. Only a few minutes but helped us to take the game to them.

Poyet MOM for me. Calm and controlled. Cousins, AA, JJ, MM also all top notch.

I thought Reze did OK but that was one of the worst misses I can remember. The win means it will be overlooked but it was amazing that he didn't score. At least he hit the woodwork which is more than the QPR players could do.

Huge boost, win or lose in the cup we are moving forward.

And even before we scored the crowd, at both ends, sensed that we were getting on top. Our fans responded with some great noise. How much better does that feel?

Despite the Green brainstorm really hope that is enough to convince RD of two things.

Powell should have an extended contract

Powell needs to be allowed to choose loan players with Championship experience.
  • Options
    Better team lost but hey ho I'm not complaining, cannot belive AA was not on from the start as although cousins and poyet are and will be great players they are too similar. Green is turd and we must bring in a winger this coming week. Reza looks good but I feel he will benefit more with a better partner than church who runs around a lot but no quality.
    Well done to the morons singing for hamer during the game, theres nothing like giving the new keeper a bit of confidence.
  • Options
    As usual posting without reading.

Johnnie oh Johnnie Jackson runs down the wing for me!

Today showed why he has to play or be on the bench at the very least. He epitomises Charlton in that he has obvious limitations pacewise yet that never say die spirit and ability to come from nowhere to score a goal more than compensates.

This match wasn't a classic and when Jordan thumped the post and when ? Reza (couldn't be sure from Covered End Upper) did the same from the follow up I thought it wouldn't be our day and that eventually we'd make an error which would gift QPR a goal and effectively seal the match. Thanks to Thuram's antics that nearly happened although he made amends with a decent save later in fairness to him.

The psychological effect of snatching 3 points like that could be massive.

WE ARE STAYING UP SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!