Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2014

Comments

• Options
    Still buzzing from that. Thought it was pretty even most of the game, but the subs definitely changed it for us. Thuram didn't have much to do, but the error from Dervite was definitely dodgy and his kicking could be better, but his late minute save kept us in it.
    Defence was solid, glad Wiggins is back and thought Wilson worked really hard. Thought Green was better than usual and Cousins-Poyet-Jackson worked well as midfield. Thought front two worked hard but were easily outmuscled and didn't look like scoring. Ajdarevic and Tudgay changed the game, Astrit looks really assured and Tudgay looked useful.
    How bad were QPR though? On this performance we didn't look like we were at opposite ends of the table.
    Feel much more confident about us staying up, though would feel better if we had anyone who looked like they might score 10 this season.
    And big credit to CP for getting the subs spot on.
  • Options
    Seen commnet from CP anywhere please?
  • Options

AA and Tudgay we know about but Harriot deserves a mention too. Only a few minutes but helped us to take the game to them.

Totally agree about Harriot. Caused them plenty of problems as soon as he came on...................
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Five minute Powell interview on BBC London Radio is linked from this page - and he still sounds very emotional...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26201681

• Options
    Just in, not read other comments but....sorry (OMG).... still buzzing - great subsitutions, AA is a proper footballer (needs to get a bit fitter), MT looked good - so happy
  • Options
    What a great feeling to go mental and celebrate with all those around us. I'd forgotten what that was like. What's more I had £1 on 1-0... can't wait to collect!

We'll kick on from here but really need to sort out our attack. Church and Reza were almost irrelevant today. We have a great defence and midfield to build on... For me it must be Tudgay (Deon Burton Mark II) + and someone like YK to mess with opposition defence.

AA looks like the real thing but some of the Euro imports aren't ready for the Championship... need to be a lot more street wise and physical.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza and Church as a strike pair are just never going to work. Reza needs a player to play off and Simon isn't him. Liked the look of Tudgay and would think his intelligence and positional play would get the best out of Reza. We need our front two to get it together quickly now. I would never knock Simons work rate but he needs to be dropped now. As for Green. God only knows what AA thinks of being benched ahead of Danny.
  • Options

AA and Tudgay we know about but Harriot deserves a mention too. Only a few minutes but helped us to take the game to them.

Totally agree about Harriot. Caused them plenty of problems as soon as he came on...................
    Yep - agreed
  • Options
    cheers ALF
  • Options
    2 games in 3 days....I think we will see AA start Monday.....
  • Options

God only knows what AA thinks of being benched ahead of Danny.

Would imagine that the plan ahead of the game was that one of them will be starting on Monday night instead - and it won't be number 7.

• Options
    I didn't rate our chances when I saw Green and Dervitte in the starting 11. The talk around us was Chrissy saving the best 11 for Monday.

But then the Super Hoops' divas conspired to waste their best opportunities by trying to be too flash. ' Arry can forget the pitch, he just has a collection of individuals.

Still thought it was going to be another game where we we're the better team and lose and then CP made his best substitutions in ages. Stand out performances: Wilson keeping Traore quiet, Morro's best game in ages, Poyet was class and got even better when an 18 year old could be forgiven for fading, Astrid is a different class at this level, oozed confidence and showed real leadership.

The whole team was much more competitive off the ball today. Tudgay is a good addition.

When was the last time we scored an injury time winner???!!!

Bounced across Blackheath and popped into the Princess of Wales in time to see England beat Ireland and confirm that Millwall had lost. Just Palace to go for a perfect weekend ....

First 11 against the Wendies and the semi finals are in reach ....
  • Options
    That was the spirit that we need to take to the Den on the 15th. For too long we've rolled over to have our bellies tickled by Millwall. They will be there for the taking and under enormous pressure for the knuckle draggers. Don't embarrass and let us down again boys.
  • Options
    So, so nice to come on here on a Saturday evening and everyone's mood is up. Seems like bloody months since we had something to be positive about. Anyway, onwards and upwards now hopefully. COYR!
  • Options
    That pitch has cost us this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got a last minute freebie to the Arsenal game today. Just completely embarrassed myself jumping up and down shouting Yesssssssss when news of our winner came through at a point where absolutely sod all was happening at the Emirates. Oh well, worth the embarrassment.

Can't believe a Charlton supporter would go to Arsenal instead :-(
  • Options

That pitch has cost us this season.

saved us today mate there were 3 real good chances that may have come qprs way had the pitch not got in the way

• Options

First the positives : obviously the result. Work ethic and good performances from four or five players. There are also negatives. Big CP fan but picking Green and Church ongoing is going to get him sacked. Tudgay and Ajdarevic changed our game. Captains goal yet again but if we get in two more quality loans I can't see where JJ sits in the team. Poyet is absolute quality.

Tacticts spot on. I am not a green fan but he worked hard and played his part, so did church. Closing down is hard work but it meant that they did not have a gentle out which is so important.

It is a long time since I have been so happy at a game. It was fantastic. Out fought them, and in the end outplayed a very good team. Defence outstanding. No attempts on goal.

They have best defence in league, we have worst attack. Yet we won.

We just won a cup final.
  • Options
    Writing without reading but did cp learn something about substituting from this site?,well done cp and the team, onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

First the positives : obviously the result. Work ethic and good performances from four or five players. There are also negatives. Big CP fan but picking Green and Church ongoing is going to get him sacked. Tudgay and Ajdarevic changed our game. Captains goal yet again but if we get in two more quality loans I can't see where JJ sits in the team. Poyet is absolute quality.

Tacticts spot on. I am not a green fan but he worked hard and played his part, so did church. Closing down is hard work but it meant that they did not have a gentle out which is so important.

It is a long time since I have been so happy at a game. It was fantastic. Out fought them, and in the end outplayed a very good team. Defence outstanding. No attempts on goal.

They have best defence in league, we have worst attack. Yet we won.

We just won a cup final.
    Sorry. If we are relying on Green and Church to save us from relegation then we're fecked. Not knocking Church's effort but the bloke holds no threat whatsoever and doesn't complement Reza either. As for Green. He's simply not good enough.

• Options
    A decent performance, I thought Michael Morrison must be mentioned as being outstanding today. A great feeling to win in injury time, imagine if we had scored in the 1st half (like Wigan) then tried to hang on for the whole game... Watching the replay, I still can't see how the ball went in, it almost seems impossible to score from that angle, with so many players in the box!

QPR were poor though, looking at the table they've got 37 goals in 31 games which is pathetic for a team with that much money spent on it. They seemed a bunch of show ponies as well, all sorts of flicks and tricks, but failing to test our keeper at all. No shots on target according to the official stats.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    For those berating the selection of Danny Green: first, I thought he played OK compared to what I have seen of him earlier. And his presence clearly indicated to me that there would be an early substitution ... before we conceded a goal was nice to see!
    So what are the alternatives?
    Cousins out wide - no thanks! Drop Jackson... err nope we need a captain in this relegation battle. Play Wilson out at right half - this has to wait until Solly is back or we have a decent right back available - my take is that Nego is not the answer at the moment - harsh as I've not seen him.
    Or perhaps SWP arrives on loan this week coming - never coming last week as a QPR player - let's see.
    So Green did a job but I doubt we will see him next season. To me he is part of the squad that will see us good this time and will join the thanks to him and others who leave the club.
    Main thing is three points and in touching distance of climbing out of bottom three AND we played like this might be the first of quite a few wins.
    Here's hoping Poyet and Adjarovic are with us next season. On today's performance we have something that can be built on which should be quite impressive by next October/November.
  • Options
    Powell's subs were spot on attack minded well done
  • Options
    Today showed the value of having decent attacking options on the bench.