Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans treatment of Thurman

Bit of a disgrace for sarcastic cheers aimed at him when he kicked the ball straight and chanting Ben Hamers song after he made that error today.

Comments

• Options
    Its sad that so many are so quick to judge. I think he'll come good.
  • Options
    Wilson had that same kind of treatment and his name was chanted today.
  • Options
    He is awful at kicking though, so unbelievably awful.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Wasn't tested today really apart from by Dorian. Just hope he is tip top form on the 15th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brilliant performance, fans really stuck with the team, Powelly praises the fans on the radio after the game, and yet the fans have to be slag off on here!
  • Options

it was a disgrace. that ibcident was dervites fault. hit too hard, bobbly pitch, on target not wide of goal, striker looming. bet yohann was well happy with that pass.

Agree with that was sitting right in line with it, Dervite was at fault ball was bouncing all over the place.
  • Options

No-one was moaning about him when he produced that save at the end, and what a save it was, would of made in 0-1 and we would of lost instead of won

I haven't seen a replay, so happy to be corrected, but it looked like it was hit straight at him without much power.
  • Options
    His goal kicks are 'erratic' (to put it politely), but I like the fact that he generally tries to get play moving quite quickly.

He also obviously doesn't mind dealing with back passes, and it's easy to forget that most of them he did well with.

It's always the way that the longer a player is out of the team for whatever reason, the better they become.
    I think Hamer is a decent enough keeper, but Alnwick was looking like the number one before he left and was dealing with corners and crosses better than him from my perspective.
  • Options

it was a disgrace. that ibcident was dervites fault. hit too hard, bobbly pitch, on target not wide of goal, striker looming. bet yohann was well happy with that pass.

Exactly what I said I blame Dervite for that
  • Options
    The only 'save' he had to make was a miskick by Ravel which would of barely made the goal with the pitch condition, had he got a clean connection it would of gone in but Thuram scuppered accross to save it as he scuffed it.

He got away with his/Dervites mistake, QPR mustered 0 real shots on target so can't judge him, no one could have done superbly well as a keeper on that pitch, nerves would be everywhere with the pitch condition for pass backs
  • Options
    Uboat said:

No-one was moaning about him when he produced that save at the end, and what a save it was, would of made in 0-1 and we would of lost instead of won

I haven't seen a replay, so happy to be corrected, but it looked like it was hit straight at him without much power.
    No it was a shocking back pass.

• Options
    The number of fans chanting Hamer's name gives some indication of how people feel about both Hamer and Thuram. I dont think that will be lost on anyone - Thuram and Powell included.

Perhaps it was a touch inappropriate to chant, but his distribution has been bloody awful again today. I've heard few fans speaking positively.
    His save at the end of the game was quality though to give credit where due.

He may be less popular due to the circumstances around his arrival. Charlton fans are still coming to terms with the new world of Roland.

If he can impress he will justify his place in goal and he'll hear his name being chanted.
  • Options

Uboat said:

No it was a shocking back pass.

Think Uboat was talking about the shot at the end not the backpass
  • Options
    He did well with the QPR chance at the end because he was sharp to intervene and prevent a second touch after the QPR man miscontrolled. Other than that, not much to judge him on except that his kicking is slightly weak. I wasn't a fan of the Hamer chanting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like how it passes the ball to the full backs, also i think he gets told to kick the ball diagonal to the wingers so cant complain if one goal kick is overcooked in a game. Might have done better with the backpass but it should never have been passed to him with that pace on that pitch. If he starts im not unconfident he'll be okay. The fans who were cheering when he kicked the ball each time are a disgrace
  • Options
    Not seen enough of him to make a proper judgement - didn't have much to do today.
    Last keeper at Charlton that I rated was Randolph.
  • Options
    cafc have always had shite kicking goalies, people are not giving the fella a chance and its a load of bollox tbh, but hey we won it certainly wont ruin my day, hamer has been a liability in matches funny how quickly some forget
  • Options
    The fact that Thuram gets tonnes of stick during a clean sheet performance is a bit of a joke.

Hamer gave away a fair few goals last season but was still cheered every game he played in, even chanted for today with Thuram in goal.
  • Options
    Hamer wasn't even on the pitch and hes still at fault.
  • Options
    People blaming Dervite are making me laugh. Yes it was a bad backpass but if there is any little doubt (there was loads as people have pointed out that it was such a bad pass) then you clear your lines, you don't pass it straight to there player.
  • Options

The fact that Thuram gets tonnes of stick during a clean sheet performance is a bit of a joke.

Hamer gave away a fair few goals last season but was still cheered every game he played in, even chanted for today with Thuram in goal.

Hamer has had loads of stick from our fans - has gifted a few goals in his time.

• Options
    Deano couldn't kick, but he knew how to make a save. He's a goalie not a playmaker and he kept a clean sheet today... job done, move on.
  • Options

Hamer has had loads of stick from our fans - has gifted a few goals in his time.

Wouldn't say Hamer was written off after 3/4 games though. If Thuram wasn't a Roland loan and more a 'Powell man', he'd be forgiven more readily.