Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans treatment of Thurman

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry, it will soon balance out. Hmer will get his turn in goal and the fans can pick up again on their anti Hamer theme and start chanting for Thurman
  • Options
    Not going to get on his back personally but he is a liability as a keeper, have friends messaging me saying our keeper looks a clown, and that's during a 0-0! He looks like a penalty shootout/reflexes keeper, but you need alot more than that to cut it professionally in the Championship. Would prefer Hamer in goal vs Wednesday or they'll be laughing in their scoring form after watching those highlights just there
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Loads of over reaction here folks and shoot me down if you like. I have watched every minute Thuram has played in goal for us and he sends shivers down my spine every time the ball goes into the penalty area. Maybe chanting for Hamer was out of order but there are clearly a number of fans who feel the same way as me.

The guy is a loose cannon. Why on earth Hamer never started I will never know, and all you experts saying Dervites back pass was too firm or that it bobbled are talking crap. I've just watched it on Sky plus, it was a simple ball to deal with and he made a meal of it. The save everyone is raving about thereafter, please do me a favour, it popped up of their player and was a dive for the cameras but in all honesty bread and butter.

Seriously if the majority of you think he is better than Hamer then god help us in the remaining games if he gets the nod. Rant over.

And you have come to this conclusion after two games....dont be silly.
    You must be the fella who was sitting near me shouting Wiggins your shit, after his nightmare debut verses bournmouth a couple of years back.

• Options
    edited February 2014

RedChaser said:

Loads of over reaction here folks and shoot me down if you like. I have watched every minute Thuram has played in goal for us and he sends shivers down my spine every time the ball goes into the penalty area. Maybe chanting for Hamer was out of order but there are clearly a number of fans who feel the same way as me.

The guy is a loose cannon. Why on earth Hamer never started I will never know, and all you experts saying Dervites back pass was too firm or that it bobbled are talking crap. I've just watched it on Sky plus, it was a simple ball to deal with and he made a meal of it. The save everyone is raving about thereafter, please do me a favour, it popped up of their player and was a dive for the cameras but in all honesty bread and butter.

Seriously if the majority of you think he is better than Hamer then god help us in the remaining games if he gets the nod. Rant over.

And you have come to this conclusion after two games....dont be silly.
    You must be the fella who was sitting near me shouting Wiggins your shit, after his nightmare debut verses bournmouth a couple of years back.

Read my post again ' I have watched every minute Thuram has played in goal for us' and that equals 360 plus stoppage time. Boro, Wigan away AND the last two home games but hey it's just my opinion. Sorry wasn't me berating Wiggins either. Me silly?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'd rather have Hamer in, but this thread was about the chanting and sarcastic applause - it is counter productive and even worse for such a key position as keeper - this doesn't benefit anybody but our opponents if it is aimed at any of our players. Those who did that need to look at themselves and not make excuses. Hold their hands up, and refrain from it again please. If Thuram plays we can say bo***cks under our breath, but then support him like we supported the rest of the lads so well yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I love how people questioning how people can have a go at him after he kept a clean sheet. It's simple, it's because he had nothing of note to do, I could have gone in goal today and caused less panic around the place, the save that people are going on about was so good that the stats didn't count it is a shot on target as it was from a bad touch. I'm hoping to be proved wrong but I don't think Thuram is good enough.

Edited to add, I questioned the song to so I'm not agreeing with it but my mate said it was probably more aimed at management to get Hamer back in.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He is like a lot of foreign keepers - unorthodox but that is offset by the extra athleticism. Reminds me of an early Shaka Hislop.

Keepers are such an easy target. Make one mistake and it leads to a goal and "you're useless" even if you then make three world class saves. If you're a forward and you miss a sitter but score three "tap ins" no one is going to say you don't deserve your place in the side.

Let's give the lad a chance. Seriously, what good does it do to boo your own keeper other than to undermine his confidence?
  • Options
    the back pass on sky does not look as bad as it did at the match,

but it failed to show the sense of anxiety where dervite was messing with the ball holding it too long and then allowing the only option to him be the pass back to the keeper, now everyone knew that in the ground that he was going to do it, so the pass had to be perfect, the problem was it was not a perfect pass, it was too heavy it was too central to Thurams position, and there was no option other than to take a first touch that would've took him towards the forward or hit the ball first time over the striker, Yes he should've been able to that, and he was partially responsible for the error, but his recovery and speed of thought and reaction forced the striker wide and ultimately out of play,

He is not as bad as he is being made out, he certainly needs our support, and he needs to feel part of what we need to achieve, then he can go head to head with hamer or whoever for the number 1 spot next season, in the championship, getting on his back is not going to aid any of us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm not persuaded by the keeper, having been at Wigan, but he had very little to do in that game yesterday. The save at the end was a routine claim if you watch it on the TV. It certainly wasn't a great save - whereas you might say Green's at the other end, from AA, was. If the back pass was awkward then the save was nothing special either.

Hamer is also accident prone. I worry every time he drop-kicks the ball that he is going to give away a free-kick and he is vulnerable to long-range efforts, but I'd prefer him in the team at present.
  • Options
    When the chant was sung I watched Hamer have a smug smile to someone on the bench. Could not see who it was but he deffo enjoyed it
  • Options

A 1-0 win against a top 5 side and people still need to have a dig at someone.

I understand people's criticism's but at least make it constructive.

Calling him a 'clown' is muggy

1 - 0 win against a top 3 side.
    Thurman had nothing to do all game except stay alert, organise his defence and make a decent save when most keepers would have been asleep.
    He is a decent keeper and will improve match by match
  • Options
    Hamer has made more mistakes than Thuram has. Hamer went through a phase of being well dodgy hence he got dropped.
  • Options
    Isn't it the ultimate insult to get someone's name wrong ?
  • Options
    Hamer makes regular gaffs and lets in goals he should save. He also hesitates and kicks some howlers. Then he blames the defenders!

That was a great save yesterday.
  • Options
    Christ, he was part of a team that beat the most expensive outfit in our league and he was part of the team that actually won a game, with a clean sheet.
    Give him a chance. I cannot believe some of the continual moaners that get on here. Can you not have just one day rejoicing in the fact that JJ scored the WINNER in the 90+ minute.
    Please stop moaning for just one day at least.
  • Options
    I am not persuaded by him.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Hamer makes regular gaffs and lets in goals he should save. He also hesitates and kicks some howlers. Then he blames the defenders!

What save was great? The one near the end?
  • Options
    Could we get Frazer Foster from Celtic on loan ,sorry just woken up I was dreaming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think its the first time I have ever seen and heard addicks not giving a player a chance from his first game, normally you get a few bell ends on here giving it loads, but as a whole cafc are an honestand forgiving bunch at first and give players a chance, yet Thuram is seen as all that is wrong with RD and his vision and I feel this site must accept that it holds some responsibility into the piss poor treatment of the man as in the 2 games I have seen him in, his kicking is no worse than deano and he has not really had that much to do, against Bhma he was beaten by 2 goals that were shockingly poor defending, and no blame could be attributed,

the reception and comments I heard at the ground today were not what CAFC is about normally and I think its wrong if the guy has had a chance and fucks it up slate him, but hamer makes more mistakes per game than he does

Hear, hear!
  • Options
    Who's better is irrelevant. Whoever starts between the sticks gets my 100% backing. Especially with 10 minutes left of game where every player has worked their backsides off for the cause.
  • Options
    Yes
    JohnnyH2 said:

IAgree said:

What save was great? The one near the end?
  • Options
    At the match, from the north upper, the save was brilliant.

The replay shows that it wasn't actually as good... It was routine.

From comments regarding the save, I can tell who was at the game and who was watching the link.
  • Options

I'm not persuaded by the keeper, having been at Wigan, but he had very little to do in that game yesterday. The save at the end was a routine claim if you want watch it on the TV. It certainly wasn't a great save - whereas you might say Green's at the other end, from AA, was. If the back pass was awkward then the save was nothing special either.

Hamer is also accident prone. I worry every time he drop-kicks the ball that he is going to give away a free-kick and he is vulnerable to long-range efforts, but I'd prefer him in the team at present.

RedChaser said:

Rant over was the only part of this that was worth reading
  • Options
    I do not think Thuram is the answer, being polite I think he is unorthodox, and unfortunately I do not agree with the circumstances on how he came to the club.
    But today he cannot be blamed for the Dervite back pass, it came to him so hard I think Dervite must have thought he was having a shot!
  • Options
    Vincent said:

I'm not persuaded by the keeper, having been at Wigan, but he had very little to do in that game yesterday. The save at the end was a routine claim if you want watch it on the TV. It certainly wasn't a great save - whereas you might say Green's at the other end, from AA, was. If the back pass was awkward then the save was nothing special either.

RedChaser said:

Rant over was the only part of this that was worth reading
    Whereas we hang on your every word....
  • Options
    I'm terrified by what I have seen of him so far. Its easy to keep a clean sheet when the other team has 0 shots on target.

He may 'come good' but based on his form when called upon, he hasn't shown anything to suggest he should be ahead of Hamer. If an outfield player was that bad, then there would be changes. Should be no different for goalkeepers.

As for that backpass - yes, it was a little heavy. Thuram still at fault though as he had enough time to control it and boot it absolutely anywhere but the feet of the attacker.