Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans treatment of Thurman

Comments

• Options
    The only reason Charlton fans were singing the Ben Hamer song, is because we haven't yet come with a song for Lilly, or Uma as I'm calling him.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He kept a clean sheet for god sake. What more do you want from a keeper.....Least he has character. Anyone remember that nutty keeper that used to do the scorpion kick? lol...I say back him keepers need confidence
  • Options
    Nobody mentions the really tidy first time pass out to Wilson to set up an attack
    Or the fact that he made up for the error by forcing the guy wide
    The back pass was awful and he didn't cover himself in glory but it's how you react that is important

Mark my words - he will come good once he plays a bit more regularly
  • Options

Keepers need thick skin.
    Shit keepers need even thicker skin.
    Then there's thuram.

He's a joke and the punchline won't be funny to us.

FFS. There are some real idiots on this forum.
  • Options
    Thought the chant was completely out of order. Thuram will go on and prove them wrong I think.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I agree that it doesn't help, but the bloke looks like a total liability.

Unorthodox to be polite, but liability would be the word
  • Options

Wasn't tested today really apart from by Dorian. Just hope he is tip top form on the 15th.

He'll be on the bench big style by then
  • Options
    Thurman had nothing to do except one save which he made. The fans singing Hamer were daft IMO. I would rather a keeper could save a goal rather than kick the ball straight, both would be great but rare at our level. Good luck Thuram
  • Options
    The Hamer chanting was unfair, but the fact he kept a clean sheet is down the ineptitude of QPR and the likes of Michael Morrison being excellent in front of him. It's not as if he made save after save today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't get the sense that he commands the area. No harm in being unorthodox. However, I can't help the fact that he makes me nervous. Sat near CP today and he looked equally worried whenever Thuram was involved.
    Powell knows better than me. If he picks him, then so be it.
  • Options

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So your the one whk judges players after 3 games
  • Options
    He didn't have much to do. Claimed the ball at the end well but sorry he is an accident waiting to happen. Passing to their centre forward was inexcusable, his kicking is erratic as well. You can tell the defence don't trust him, all is forgiven Ben come back soon.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that he had been told to kick to the wingers - it would have been the easy thing for him to do to kick straight down the pitch and say 'not my fault' when Reza and Churchy had no chance against the big QPR centrebacks. And Dervitte was totally at fault with that back-pass - he did well to get the team out of that.

I like him - that save was a huge turning point in the game and maybe even in our season.
  • Options
    Fecking idiots all those chanting for hamer. O i do hope someone is offended by that Statement.
  • Options
    the mans a clown not good enough
  • Options
    The back pass was terrible, Dervite had an hour on the ball and ended up tw*tting it back to Thuram after nearly getting tackled, who then was forced to kick a ball that he wasn't ready for on a bobbly pitch. He had a good game and the chant was in bad taste, Hamer is a decent goalie but he's had a few howlers in his time with us....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The back pass to him by Dervite was far too heavy in those conditions - was no need to put him under pressure.

I know! Awful for a professional keeper to have to deal with that! Sacrilege!
  • Options
    Thuram is up for it and he cares, hugged all his back four before kickoff and they kept a clean sheet. 100% Support for him as he was the conductor for our clean sheet. I thought Green was shit today but i would never abuse or heckle him while he was playing in the first Eleven. I dont like Powells brand of football but frpm kick off till the 90 minute i only vocally Support my team.
  • Options

A 1-0 win against a top 5 side and people still need to have a dig at someone.

I understand people's criticism's but at least make it constructive.

Calling him a 'clown' is muggy

What, as in hot, clammy and really sticky? Bizarre word frankly! Always used so out of context.
  • Options
    It's a shame this has to be mentioned given the result, but the chant was moronic and had the potential to undermine what was a superb performance by all 13 players that had played their part to that point.

Let's give the bloke a fair crack of the whip.
  • Options
    Also worth noting how obviously QPRs work rate dropped when their fans started booing. Their treatment of Tom Carroll was equally as embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Would take Tom Carroll right here right now in our squad, QPR are a muggy no mark club and that shows it
  • Options

The back pass to him by Dervite was far too heavy in those conditions - was no need to put him under pressure.

I know! Awful for a professional keeper to have to deal with that! Sacrilege!
    Golden rules for a back pass

On the floor
    On preferred foot if possible
    Give a wide option
    But most importantly
    NOT on target. Never.

So a ball arriving at knee height and on target is pretty much the whole gamut! He should have handled that better but his reaction to force the striker wide and to not foul him in the process was important
  • Options

Fecking idiots all those chanting for hamer. O i do hope someone is offended by that Statement.

I agree, and i've flagged you.
  • Options
    clean sheet.